Mark Barron
      Michael Floyd
      Bruce Irvin
      2012 draft?
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

2012 draft?
        Yup. Look at all these picks in the top 20 that were just bad.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Yup. Look at all these picks in the top 20 that were just bad.
          Yeah. I was just looking at that. Steelers did okay that year with DeCastro and Beachum. As big of a fan as I am of DD, man oh man it would have been awesome to have Harrison Smith, especially with the garbage safeties last year. You could play that game with any team most years though.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah. I was just looking at that. Steelers did okay that year with DeCastro and Beachum. As big of a fan as I am of DD, man oh man it would have been awesome to have Harrison Smith, especially with the garbage safeties last year. You could play that game with any team most years though.
            Imo, the combination of Munch and playing next to Decastro is what made Gilbert a Pro Bowl RT. Take either away and he goes right back to being meh. At the same time, I don't think there is a safety I'd rather have today than Harry the Hitman, while I'd probably take Zeitler over DeCastro at RG. But, I think you know me well enough, and I'd never swap my best lineman for anybody except a better lineman.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Imo, the combination of Munch and playing next to Decastro is what made Gilbert a Pro Bowl RT. Take either away and he goes right back to being meh. At the same time, I don't think there is a safety I'd rather have today than Harry the Hitman, while I'd probably take Zeitler over DeCastro at RG. But, I think you know me well enough, and I'd never swap my best lineman for anybody except a better lineman.
              This is true. And I'm a big fan of #66, but I've been wanting another nasty safety since Troy regressed. Just helps your defense so much.

Gotta say, 2015 is shaping up to be pretty meh. Not 2013 bad but rough after the top half of the first round. Still a little early, so maybe more of these guys break out.
              sigpic

Comment

This is true. And I'm a big fan of #66, but I've been wanting another nasty safety since Troy regressed. Just helps your defense so much.

Gotta say, 2015 is shaping up to be pretty meh. Not 2013 bad but rough after the top half of the first round. Still a little early, so maybe more of these guys break out.
                Yeah. Dupree you could see coming, but I'm surprised by Coates, and Golson was injuries that you can't do much about.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• NFL Network is showing replays of draft first rounds and they skipped 2013. lol
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Yeah. Dupree you could see coming, but I'm surprised by Coates, and Golson was injuries that you can't do much about.
                    Yeah they had some boom or bust guys there. Mike Hilton became what Golson was supposed to be so that stings less. Thing is, I was looking for players that I'd rather have, and there aren't many fantastic options. Again, not 2013 bad, but definitely not great.

Yeah, can't blame them for not showing 13.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah they had some boom or bust guys there. Mike Hilton became what Golson was supposed to be so that stings less. Thing is, I was looking for players that I'd rather have, and there aren't many fantastic options. Again, not 2013 bad, but definitely not great.

Yeah, can't blame them for not showing 13.
                      It's hilarious. Hey, this sucked so bad we aren't even gonna show it. Just move along folks. Nothing to see here. lol
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

It's hilarious. Hey, this sucked so bad we aren't even gonna show. Just move along folks. Nothing to see here. lol
                        "In accordance to NFL rules, players, coaches, league personnel, and fans are forbidden to discuss the 2013 draft. Violators will be suspended, then drug tested."
                        sigpic

Comment

"In accordance to NFL rules, players, coaches, league personnel, and fans are forbidden to discuss the 2013 draft. Violators will be suspended, then drug tested."
                          I know the media over hypes players and fans are stupid, but I really thought that was gonna be a solid draft.

Nope.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I know the media over hypes players and fans are stupid, but I really thought that was gonna be a solid draft.

Nope.
                            I figured that there was lots of solid mid round value but that it was a bad year to be picking high. Instead, there were a few really good players but it was like 90% crap.

This year I think there is some good top 20 value and good second day value. But nothing flashy unless most of those QBs pan out.
                            sigpic

Comment

I figured that there was lots of solid mid round value but that it was a bad year to be picking high. Instead, there were a few really good players but it was like 90% crap.

This year I think there is some good top 20 value and good second day value. But nothing flashy unless most of those QBs pan out.
                              I may feel the same. I suppose it depends on where guys go. If most of these players go where mocks/big boards on the net are suggesting then yeah. I mean I keep seeing guys like Michael Gallup lasting until the 3rd round or later. That's crazy to me.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• You know what I'd really like to see? NFL Network show some of the first drafts they covered. I think it would be interesting.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X