2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
    Hard for me to imagine how they could screw it up. With the 13th pick, and 4 QBs going in the top 12 (my assumption), they'll have a choice of at least two of the top tier defenders. Or else we can trade back, as Charlie noted there are a lot of excellent day 2 values and it'd be nice to get another one of them.

Here's one possibility: Mark Bullock (a writer I like a lot for his player breakdown pieces) suggested maybe we would use the pick on Derrius Guice. He got some feedback...
    ~
    And I have yours marked as one we might move up with (Derwin/Landry, maybe Minkah, hopefully not an LB)
    CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

And I have yours marked as one we might move up with (Derwin/Landry, maybe Minkah, hopefully not an LB)
      Wow! Landry that high? I've only just moved him up to 18 (in the spreadsheet, haven't updated my mock yet). My guess is he goes after Davenport, because Davenport has so much potential. (Similar to my guess that Trumaine Edmunds goes before Raquon Smith.)

As for Derwin, he's one of the people who *might* be available at 13 (along with either of the nose tackles, or maybe both). If so, we have to take him or else get a quality trade-back. The Skins boards are full of people pounding the table like so: "Derwin James can't change our last-rated run defense, we have to pick Payne or Vea! Hurr!! Durr!!" But they are major dummies.
      ~

Comment

Wow! Landry that high? I've only just moved him up to 18 (in the spreadsheet, haven't updated my mock yet). My guess is he goes after Davenport, because Davenport has so much potential. (Similar to my guess that Trumaine Edmunds goes before Raquon Smith.)

As for Derwin, he's one of the people who *might* be available at 13 (along with either of the nose tackles, or maybe both). If so, we have to take him or else get a quality trade-back. The Skins boards are full of people pounding the table like so: "Derwin James can't change our last-rated run defense, we have to pick Payne or Vea! Hurr!! Durr!!" But they are major dummies.
        ~
        Yeah I don't see Landry getting past GB, maybe if they get Ward or Minkah. I don't buy him as a late-teens-to-20's guy at all, he's going high and for good reason.

Comment

Yeah I don't see Landry getting past GB, maybe if they get Ward or Minkah. I don't buy him as a late-teens-to-20's guy at all, he's going high and for good reason.
          What are you thinking about Marcus Davenport?
          ~

Comment

What are you thinking about Marcus Davenport?
            ~
            He could go over Landry but I'm not sure he should. I have a very hard time seeing both/either get past Detroit. I don't know what I'm missing, edge rushers get drafted like QBs and they're all this class has really got after Chubb.

Dallas doesn't even necessarily need a DE but it would give them more contingencies should Gregory/Tapper continue to not exist and Lawrence/Crawford be gone next spring- fortify what stands to be an unusually deep position for them between those 4, Taco, and Ealy.

Comment

• Steelers:
              Best case: not Mason Ruldoph
              Worst case: Mason Ruldoph.

I'm not too picky this year, as there should be lots of guys available that could fill a need. They may have some interest in Ruldoph, but I think (hope) that they have more interest in Washington.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                Steelers:
                Best case: not Mason Ruldoph
                Worst case: Mason Ruldoph.

I'm not too picky this year, as there should be lots of guys available that could fill a need. They may have some interest in Ruldoph, but I think (hope) that they have more interest in Washington.
                Who is Washington?
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Who is Washington?
                  James Washington, I guess.
                  ~

Comment

~
                    Yeah, they sent a lot of dudes to Ok. State's pro day. Washington may not be a bad mid round guy, and Pittsburgh knows WRs. I just don't see it with his QB though.
                    sigpic

Comment

~
                      Oh. Okey dokey. He's better than he was getting credit for early in the process. Michael Gallup is still my day 2 guy though (assuming Sutton, Moore, and Chark all go in the 1st).
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Interesting. I have your team marked as one Dallas might move back with to jump Detroit for an EDGE. I guess everyone in that pick range kind of wants to trade down.

My shortlist for Dallas would probably be Derwin, Landry, McGlinchey, Wynn. Failing that, I could be talked into Ridley or Vea, but would ideally rather move back.
                        I would think so, the only issue I have with that is that they seem to really like a lot of day 2 guys, and if Walt's right and they cancelled a meeting with LVE because they assume he won't be there at 25, then they probably aren't looking to trade up, or he'd still be on the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Oh. Okey dokey. He's better than he was getting credit for early in the process. Michael Gallup is still my day 2 guy though (assuming Sutton, Moore, and Chark all go in the 1st).
                          I think D.J. Moore should go in the first (Maryland guy bias!). I like Chark, but no way he's going in the 1st! *table pound* Also, I don't think Sutton should go in the 1st (but maybe he does).

P.S. Also also, James Washington shouldn't go in the first, no matter what PFF says.
                          ~
                          Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 04-23-2018, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Aaaand here we go. My mock. Don't know if I'm happy with it, as some major talent falls. That's what happens with 5 QBs in the top 15, though. Anyways, link: http://walterfootball.com/mocks/publishedmock/67133/
                            sigpic

Comment

I think D.J. Moore should go in the first (Maryland guy bias!). I like Chark, but no way he's going in the 1st! *table pound* Also, I don't think Sutton should go in the 1st (but maybe he does).

P.S. Also also, James Washington shouldn't go in the first, no matter what PFF says.
                              ~
                              Sutton absolutely should go in the 1st. Best WR in the draft in my opinion. The problem with Chark is that he's too much of a body catcher.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                                Aaaand here we go. My mock. Don't know if I'm happy with it, as some major talent falls. That's what happens with 5 QBs in the top 15, though. Anyways, link: http://walterfootball.com/mocks/publishedmock/67133/
                                I'll be mightily displeased if Nelson goes to denver. I very much dislike Elway.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X