No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody link me to where we enter the mock draft contest? Thought I'd give it a shot for the first time.
    http://walterfootball.com/mocks/nfl/2018/contest
    sigpic

Comment

• Damn. This is harder than I thought.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
        Damn. This is harder than I thought.
        Yep, set aside a few hours, unless you already follow all 32 teams religiously.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Yep, set aside a few hours, unless you already follow all 32 teams religiously.
          Btw, I think yours is pretty good. Don't think Lamar"Potato" Jackson goes that high, and I'd be shocked if Balt doesn't go O on the first two days, but I like it.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Btw, I think yours is pretty good. Don't think Lamar"Potato" Jackson goes that high, and I'd be shocked if Balt doesn't go O on the first two days, but I like it.
            I had them going Price originally but catching a falling top 10 defender is a very Baltimore thing to do. I revised that thing like 3 times trying to decide who is trading, which would then change several other picks. I'Il wait until like the day before to submit it, in case of new developments. Glad you liked it, though there are a few things I'm still iffy on, like Edmunds, my Titans pick, and maybe my Steelers pick, just to do something different while still possible.
            sigpic

Comment

I had them going Price originally but catching a falling top 10 defender is a very Baltimore thing to do. I revised that thing like 3 times trying to decide who is trading, which would then change several other picks. I'Il wait until like the day before to submit it, in case of new developments. Glad you liked it, though there are a few things I'm still iffy on, like Edmunds, my Titans pick, and maybe my Steelers pick, just to do something different while still possible.
              Look at your Chargers pick again, too. They brought in two interior O-line last year, and didn't they pick up Pouncey this offseason? Really have a hard time seeing them go Pouncey. Maybe a place for wacky QB pick? Idk. Just can't see them going center.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Look at your Chargers pick again, too. They brought in two interior O-line last year, and didn't they pick up Pouncey this offseason? Really have a hard time seeing them go Pouncey. Maybe a place for wacky QB pick? Idk. Just can't see them going center.
                Yeah I was stuck there once the NTs went off the board. Figured Wynn could perhaps be the RT, or maybe Pouncey's health could be an issue. This year would be way easier to mock if there were better OTs. Could do a trade, but I don't know who would trade up for what prospect. Kinda what I ran into with Seattle, though I like what I did there. Seemed like a Seattle thing to do.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah I was stuck there once the NTs went off the board. Figured Wynn could perhaps be the RT, or maybe Pouncey's health could be an issue. This year would be way easier to mock if there were better OTs. Could do a trade, but I don't know who would trade up for what prospect. Kinda what I ran into with Seattle, though I like what I did there. Seemed like a Seattle thing to do.
                  It's hard to do, man. I almost want to go through and put players where I think they go/make sense, and then just throw stuff at the wall for the other 10-12 teams I have zero clue about. Lions, Dolphins, Titans, Cardinals? Child please.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

It's hard to do, man. I almost want to go through and put players where I think they go/make sense, and then just throw stuff at the wall for the other 10-12 teams I have zero clue about. Lions, Dolphins, Titans, Cardinals? Child please.
                    Yeah! As a kid I had the time and one track mind to follow these teams. Now I have to look stuff up. I actually thought about Michel for the Lions, but then completely forgot Davenport was still on the board. So I had to find a spot for him. Then you have the Eagles, who don't really have holes. Just looking at their visits and throwing a dart at the board.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah! As a kid I had the time and one track mind to follow these teams. Now I have to look stuff up. I actually thought about Michel for the Lions, but then completely forgot Davenport was still on the board. So I had to find a spot for him. Then you have the Eagles, who don't really have holes. Just looking at their visits and throwing a dart at the board.
                      Yup. I just can't keep up with all 32 teams, and I've been disappointed sooo many times that I don't have the interest to either. Like, I was kinda liking the Bears and what they could build but then they fired Foxy and I'm done with them completely. Eff those guys. Now I'm hanging all my hopes and happiness on the Giants, Ravens and Jags. Maybe Cleve climbs back in the picture if they somehow manage to get Darnold/Allen and Barkley.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I also HATE Guice to the Iggles, because **** Philly. Much rather he went to the Ravens.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• 'Don't sleep on Frank Ragnow' escalated quickly.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet1h1 hour ago

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Daniel Jeremiah

Likely first-rounder. There could actually be three centers going in the first round -- Ragnow, James Daniels, and Billy Price, whose health is no longer really a question.
                          ~

Comment

Titans pick should be spot on if he's there. It's the only real need at a starting position and he's the best available on most big boards. Their other needs are a number 3 DE (starters are studs, just no depth) and a starting ILB (Jayon Brown was good as a rookie, but is coverage only, Will Compton is passable, and Wesley Woodyard is old and in his last season under contract).
                            Ignore people giving them receivers and tight ends early because that's dumb. They just drafted two receivers (5th overall and third round) last year, and all of their receivers are super young except Rishard Matthews, and they drafted a TE in the third as well, who had a good rookie season and is just a No. 2 TE anyway.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I think everyone does this, we just don't admit it. Hell, Charlie's 2017 draft had the Titans taking a tackle in the first after they got Conklin in 2016, and it stayed that way for months. Walt had them taking receivers in the second and skipping pass rushers til the 5th or 6th until like two weeks ago, and it's their job.

Not like anyone's getting more than a few picks right anyway after all the trades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                              Not like anyone's getting more than a few picks right anyway after all the trades.
                              That's why I'm not focusing on team needs. Just trying to get the players into the right neighborhood so you can maybe get some points for them.
                              ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                                'Don't sleep on Frank Ragnow' escalated quickly.

~
                                My #1 center, and Price is a better guard honestly.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X