2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    I think everyone does this, we just don't admit it. Hell, Charlie's 2017 draft had the Titans taking a tackle in the first after they got Conklin in 2016, and it stayed that way for months. Walt had them taking receivers in the second and skipping pass rushers til the 5th or 6th until like two weeks ago, and it's their job.

Not like anyone's getting more than a few picks right anyway after all the trades.
    True enough, my man. True enough.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So, Philly gets the draft then wins the Super Bowl. Coincidence? Does that mean Dallas wins it this year? It could happen.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
        So, Philly gets the draft then wins the Super Bowl. Coincidence? Does that mean Dallas wins it this year? It could happen.
        Didn't work for Chicago.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Didn't work for Chicago.
          Yeah, but Chicago was barren. Still are in pretty bad shape unless some youngsters make a leap and they have a monster draft.

Dallas would need a good bit of help, but with a Saints type draft its not out of the question. Hurst, Goedert, Griffin, Allen, Cole? Would be in great shape for the next 5 years.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Somebody took the super optimistic season predictions ESPN had for each team and reversed them by what the opposing team's writer predicted. Basically it shows who other teams' writers respect (which isn't the Lions). 4 teams are going winless based on this.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post
            Trent Richardson
            Matt Kalil
            Mo Claiborne
            Justin Blackmon
            I liked Blackmon so much. Stupid off field issues.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

"In accordance to NFL rules, players, coaches, league personnel, and fans are forbidden to discuss the 2013 draft. Violators will be suspended, then drug tested."
            Boo that rule! The 2013 draft was great... for the Lions. Heck, the Lions even had players like DJ Hayden and Ricky Wagner from the 2013 draft on the team last year. Actually, the fact that the Lions did well makes it weirder if anything.
            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
              Somebody took the super optimistic season predictions ESPN had for each team and reversed them by what the opposing team's writer predicted. Basically it shows who other teams' writers respect (which isn't the Lions). 4 teams are going winless based on this.
              I can't see the Browns going winless. They'd have to miss on just about ALL of their high picks.
              ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

I can't see the Browns going winless. They'd have to miss on just about ALL of their high picks.
                ~
                Yeah. But no one is going to predict losing to the worst teams. After all, every team will have fixed some of their problems and totally won't develop new ones!

Plus, if they really do take Allen 1st, it probably makes it much more likely that a team will pull a Philly and trade up for Darnold. He seems to be the top QB on everyone's board save the Browns. That makes it much more likely that they come away with Saquon too.

Also they'll play Cincy twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

I liked Blackmon so much. Stupid off field issues.

Yeah, I thought he would be a good player. Would never draft a WR that high, but still....
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Yeah. But no one is going to predict losing to the worst teams. After all, every team will have fixed some of their problems and totally won't develop new ones!

Plus, if they really do take Allen 1st, it probably makes it much more likely that a team will pull a Philly and trade up for Darnold. He seems to be the top QB on everyone's board save the Browns. That makes it much more likely that they come away with Saquon too.

Also they'll play Cincy twice.
                    Even if they don't get Saquon, and their QB pick rides the bench all year, I think they will still be substantially better. I think Tyrod is an improvement and he'll have a better situation than he did in Buffalo. Then there is the no -Saquon consolation prize: Bradley Chubb. Suddenly that defense with Garett and Chubb is dangerous. They can still get a pretty awesome RB in the 2nd, plus another O.L., plus a DB or LB or anything they want.
                    ~

Comment

Even if they don't get Saquon, and their QB pick rides the bench all year, I think they will still be substantially better. I think Tyrod is an improvement and he'll have a better situation than he did in Buffalo. Then there is the no -Saquon consolation prize: Bradley Chubb. Suddenly that defense with Garett and Chubb is dangerous. They can still get a pretty awesome RB in the 2nd, plus another O.L., plus a DB or LB or anything they want.
                      ~
                      No left tackle though.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

No left tackle though.
                        Alonzo Mourning nod gif.
                        ~

Comment

Alonzo Mourning nod gif.
                          ~
                          Hahaha. Love that gif.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Hahaha. Love that gif.
                            I was going to upload it, but I got a message (over the limit, gif is 1.4 MB and "you" only have 700 KB left). Wasn't clear if that was because of how much I've uploaded, or everyone has uploaded. Seems kind of low rent, tho.
                            ~

Comment

• Finally made a new one. This might be my contest entry.
                              ~

Comment

I was going to upload it, but I got a message (over the limit, gif is 1.4 MB and "you" only have 700 KB left). Wasn't clear if that was because of how much I've uploaded, or everyone has uploaded. Seems kind of low rent, tho.
                                ~
                                This forum has a data limit?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X