This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Even if they don't get Saquon, and their QB pick rides the bench all year, I think they will still be substantially better. I think Tyrod is an improvement and he'll have a better situation than he did in Buffalo. Then there is the no -Saquon consolation prize: Bradley Chubb. Suddenly that defense with Garett and Chubb is dangerous. They can still get a pretty awesome RB in the 2nd, plus another O.L., plus a DB or LB or anything they want.
    ~
    I still think taking Chubb over a DB is dumb as hell. BPA isn't an absolute. If you have your choice between a player that grades out at a 96, but isn't at a position that will help you, it makes way more sense to take the guy that's a 90 at a position of huge ****ing need.

Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
    Finally made a new one. This might be my contest entry.
    ~
    Not bad, I think. I don't think there's any real chance that the Giants take a QB, but for the purposes of getting the pick numbers right, a QB there is probably the smart move. I agree with you that Harold Landry probably doesn't make it to the Titans, but it keeps happening in my mocks too. I'd dance a jig if he made it there.

Comment

• Just redid mine and submitted it.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
        Just redid mine and submitted it.
        Good luck. I don't know that I can concentrate enough to get one in.

Is anybody else finding that the longer the draft drags on, or more specifically the longer it takes to get to the draft, the less into it they are? I used to be all excited about the draft, now I'm in "just get it over with" territory. I still want to see it, but am not hype like I used to be and it relates directly to them moving the date which I thought was too deep into the offseason anyway.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Good luck. I don't know that I can concentrate enough to get one in.

Is anybody else finding that the longer the draft drags on, or more specifically the longer it takes to get to the draft, the less into it they are? I used to be all excited about the draft, now I'm in "just get it over with" territory. I still want to see it, but am not hype like I used to be and it relates directly to them moving the date which I thought was too deep into the offseason anyway.
          Though it needs to be at least one week sooner, I'm still hyped. I'm just glad they aren't trying it in May again. Less than 24 hours to go!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Though it needs to be at least one week sooner, I'm still hyped. I'm just glad they aren't trying it in May again. Less than 24 hours to go!
            I think it needs to be a month sooner tbh. At the very least, put it back where it was.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I didn't know Fox also had the NFL Draft this year. I'll give watching them a shot. As much as I hate to admit it, Kiper and McShay are still the best, but I just can't abide b$pn for myriad reasons, and NFL Network has spent several years trying to be b$pn lite. So let's see if Fox can bring the goods.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Anybody got predictions? Mine is the Browns trade back from 4 and pick up Mike McGlinchey. They need a LT.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Anybody got predictions? Mine is the Browns trade back from 4 and pick up Mike McGlinchey. They need a LT.
                  I could definitely see that. There aren't many decent ones available this year either. Just McGlinchey, big dropoff, and like three Round 2 guys.

The Browns shock the world by taking Sam Darnold, not Brownsing it up for once.

One of the top 4 QBs falls out of the top 10.

Quenton Nelson doesn't go top 5.

Calvin Ridley falls past pick 20.

Comment

• I have Darnold at 1 and Nelson at 7 in my mock. Also, only two RBs go in the 1st round: Barkley and then Sony Michel at 32.

P.S. Charlie's new mock today has those same RB picks.
                    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

I could definitely see that. There aren't many decent ones available this year either. Just McGlinchey, big dropoff, and like three Round 2 guys.

The Browns shock the world by taking Sam Darnold, not Brownsing it up for once.

One of the top 4 QBs falls out of the top 10.

Quenton Nelson doesn't go top 5.

Calvin Ridley falls past pick 20.
                      2016 Connor Williams was really good. 2017 Connor Williams was confusing.

Lol

Agree. But which of the not Sam Darnold QBs will it be?

Probably doesn't.

Not a Ridley fan at all
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I'm going on record saying the order of QBs I want for the Jets @ 3

1) Rosen
                        2) Mayfield
                        3) Darnold

Anyone but Allen and Jackson.
                        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
                          I'm going on record saying the order of QBs I want for the Jets @ 3

1) Rosen
                          2) Mayfield
                          3) Darnold

Anyone but Allen and Jackson.
                          It's no surprise you're racist against country music.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Mayock has Rosen dropping to 15, right into the Cardinals' laps. That's way too convenient for me to believe.
                            ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                              Mayock has Rosen dropping to 15, right into the Cardinals' laps. That's way too convenient for me to believe.
                              ~
                              What's convenient about it?
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

What's convenient about it?
                                That the Cardinals can get a top 4 QB without trading up.
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X