No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds a lot like Mike Mitchell coming out. Didn't get it going until signing with Carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeLegend View Post
      I think McDowells issue is he played for a bad team.
      Michigan State was ranked against Notre Dame. McDowell had the same issues in that game.
      Originally posted by jepg
      I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
      Blue is right

Comment

• Weren't they both ranked and dropped out of the rankings
        Legendarily swinging and missing on draft predictions since '10.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeLegend View Post
          Weren't they both ranked and dropped out of the rankings
          Michigan State was ranked 8th the week after they beat Notre Dame and didn't fall out of the rankings until Week 6.

Blue is right

Comment

• Face of the franchise Jameis Winston sure seems to have learned to respect women and not reinforce gender stereotypes.

He's very lucky to have a publicist who tells him how to backtrack and puts up with this ****.

Blue is right

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue View Post
              Face of the franchise Jameis Winston sure seems to have learned to respect women and not reinforce gender stereotypes.

He's very lucky to have a publicist who tells him how to backtrack and puts up with this ****.
              BDL SUPER STUD!!

But this seriously seems like a silly story.

Comment

Face of the franchise Jameis Winston sure seems to have learned to respect women and not reinforce gender stereotypes.

Of course. At least he's not committing crimes anymore. Of course, you don't need to steal crab legs on an NFL salary.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post

BDL SUPER STUD!!

But this seriously seems like a silly story.
                  "But the ladies, they're supposed to be silent"

Even if he isn't a bad guy, he sure is a moron.

Blue is right

Comment

Yes, it was rather poor wording, but reading the article, that isn't what he meant at all. It's a simple case of not choosing every word exactly perfectly in the spur of the moment...and that is kind of the standard now-a-days. Otherwise you're in the news. I fail to see how it's indicative of anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post

Yes, it was rather poor wording, but reading the article, that isn't what he meant at all. It's a simple case of not choosing every word exactly perfectly in the spur of the moment...and that is kind of the standard now-a-days. Otherwise you're in the news. I fail to see how it's indicative of anything.
                      The fact that he said it carelessly and without thinking is the problem because that shows how he sees the world. That isn't "the standard" and shouldn't be.

Plus, it's not a one-off; it's part of a pattern of thoughtless and careless behavior, especially towards women, going back to college.

Blue is right

Comment

As a fellow moron it happens to the best of us.

Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

The fact that he said it carelessly and without thinking is the problem because that shows how he sees the world. That isn't "the standard" and shouldn't be.

Plus, it's not a one-off; it's part of a pattern of thoughtless and careless behavior, especially towards women, going back to college.
                          Par for the course in the NFL. They don't care. Neither do the colleges. They can posture and act like it all they want, but it doesn't change anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingsteve26 View Post

Par for the course in the NFL. They don't care. Neither do the colleges. They can posture and act like it all they want, but it doesn't change anything.
                            I know they don't care, that doesn't make it right. They'd care a lot more if the fans cared, but most of y'all don't either.

Blue is right

Comment

I know they don't care, that doesn't make it right. They'd care a lot more if the fans cared, but most of y'all don't either.
                              So a random football star would care more if half of his fans cared about something? Seems like a leap in logic.
                              Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmadraven View Post

So a random football star would care more if half of his fans cared about something? Seems like a leap in logic.
                                It would be more about getting the organizations to care, and the only real way to do that is to hit them in the wallet. But fans still buy jerseys, go to games, watch on TV, etc. They may ***** at first, but all of that *****ing disappears as soon as the good play starts.

I think fans separate the play from the player when it comes to character, rooting for a guy's ability on the gridiron but pretty much ignoring the character flaws he may or may not have. Kind of like having a favorite actor or musician be a colossal douchebag, but still enjoying their work. Not saying it's right or wrong but it's what people do, and it goes beyond sports.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X