Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Mother......
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
          Shazier! Don't even care about the pick. Oh, Edmunds? Ok. Needed a safety. Or linebacker? I dunno.
          Great moment.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Darnold pick was fine. I just think Rosen will do better.
            WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
            Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Wow, I don't get it Baltimore.

Anyways, now that the initial burst of Shazier positivity wore off... Edmunds with Guice there? And is the Luigi of the Edmunds even a super athlete? ( Yes he is) Whatever. Lots of picks left.
              Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 04-26-2018, 11:47 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                Wow, I don't get it Baltimore.

Anyways, now that the initial burst of Shazier positivity wore off... Edmunds with Guice there? And is the Luigi of the Edmunds even a super athlete? Whatever. Lots of picks left.
                Lamar to Balt was dumb, leaving Guice and others on the board for Pitt was dumb.

Picking Edmunds was dumb. They just redrafted Sean Davis ffs.

Not thrilled with Taven Bryan over Harrison Phillips, but okay.

Is the draft setting up perfectly for the Giants to land Hernandez/Williams or what? Yippee!
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I think Baltimore is a show of what happens eventually to teams that sign mediocre QBs to highest paid QB in the league deals. That's the go-to now and it's not sustainable unless your QB is legitimately a top QB. I imagine they tried to restructure and now feel like they have to take a QB. This is just the start of the market reacting to off-the-rails QB contracts.
                  Now they can sit him for a year, dump Flacco's contract, and use that money to sign a ton of free agents to build a strong team around him. Harbaugh's a good coach too, so if he's not gonna bust, it'd be at a place like Baltimore.

And **** that Rashaan Evans pick. The Titans were so connected to three other ILBs, I can't believe that's the one they chose.
                  I mean, there was zero talk about interest in him. Robinson continuing the Pat scout tradition of avoiding leaks, I guess. Still think he was like the third best linebacker available.

Comment

• Lions told Fank they purposefully hid their interest in him. No word yet on if they see him at LG or C. Can't complain, but totally surprised.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
                      Darnold pick was fine. I just think Rosen will do better.
                      Rosen is safer but Darnold has the higher ceiling. He just needs to cut down on boneheaded turnovers. McCown should be a nice mentor to him.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I'm fine with Chubb. Would've preferred Rosen, just glad it's not Allen. I'm not as big of a hater of Allen as others but he'll bust in Buffalo. It's the worst situation he could've gone to, there's so much pressure for him to start now.

My Denver Big Board for Round 2:

1. Will Hernandez
                        2. Josh Jackson
                        3. Anthony Miller
                        4. Derrius Guice
                        5. Christian Kirk
                        6. Isaiah Oliver
                        7. Carlton Davis
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lenny View Post
                          I'm fine with Chubb. Would've preferred Rosen, just glad it's not Allen. I'm not as big of a hater of Allen as others but he'll bust in Buffalo. It's the worst situation he could've gone to, there's so much pressure for him to start now.

My Denver Big Board for Round 2:

1. Will Hernandez
                          2. Josh Jackson
                          3. Anthony Miller
                          4. Derrius Guice
                          5. Christian Kirk
                          6. Isaiah Oliver
                          7. Carlton Davis
                          For the Titans:

1. Harold Landry
                          2. Maurice Hearst
                          3. Mike Gisecki
                          4. Justin Reid
                          5. Sam Hubbard
                          6. Rasheem Green
                          7. Lorenzo Carter

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words, people. Amazingly enough, Theda came back home. The dreaded final trip to the vet can wait another day.

From a few years back: "Yes, this is Theda."

March+2013+h+032.jpg
                            ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                              I think Baltimore is a show of what happens eventually to teams that sign mediocre QBs to highest paid QB in the league deals. That's the go-to now and it's not sustainable unless your QB is legitimately a top QB. I imagine they tried to restructure and now feel like they have to take a QB. This is just the start of the market reacting to off-the-rails QB contracts.
                              Now they can sit him for a year, dump Flacco's contract, and use that money to sign a ton of free agents to build a strong team around him. Harbaugh's a good coach too, so if he's not gonna bust, it'd be at a place like Baltimore.
                              You're not wrong--the Flacco contract was bad-- but it was exacerbated by the structuring of it. His extension in 2013 had an initial cap hit of $6.8m, and the following two years had cap hits of about $14m, which eventually led to cap hits of around 30m later in the contract. Had Flacco's contract been more evenly spread out, it wouldn't have been so bad (they would have had leverage to cut him or let his contract play out), but pushing the cap hit into the future really ****ed them long-term because they couldn't negotiate with any leverage; they could only extend his contract, pushing more cap hit into the future (which they did with the extension in 2016).

But, contract aside, Flacco has been headed downhill fast ever since 2014. They either needed to take a QB this year and try to do a seamless transition from Flacco or draft no one and enter a tank season on or after 2019. Waiting for Flacco to be good again was probably not going to work.

I don't have a strong opinion on Jackson as a prospect. Regardless of which QB we drafted, I was going to be excited. It's assuring to see that the FO was thinking of life after Flacco and not just settling for mediocrity because of a bad contract.
                              Last edited by Terps; 04-27-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                                Lions told Fank they purposefully hid their interest in him. No word yet on if they see him at LG or C. Can't complain, but totally surprised.
                                Much better off playing center. He's a helluva kid.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X