2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

It would be more about getting the organizations to care, and the only real way to do that is to hit them in the wallet. But fans still buy jerseys, go to games, watch on TV, etc. They may ***** at first, but all of that *****ing disappears as soon as the good play starts.

I think fans separate the play from the player when it comes to character, rooting for a guy's ability on the gridiron but pretty much ignoring the character flaws he may or may not have. Kind of like having a favorite actor or musician be a colossal douchebag, but still enjoying their work. Not saying it's right or wrong but it's what people do, and it goes beyond sports.
    SPF got it right on the money. Ray Rice was only cut because video of him hitting his then-girlfriend became public. None of these teams would do anything substantial to punish players, let alone refuse to draft them, if they knew the public would never find out about it. Only way to change that is if fans get angry about the crappy things players say or the things they do that aren't recorded on film.
    Originally posted by jepg
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
    Blue is right

Comment

• I don't see the problem. *****es should sit down and shut up.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Only reason Ray Rice couldn't find another job was because he wasn't good enough on the football field.

Originally posted by Blue View Post

I know they don't care, that doesn't make it right. They'd care a lot more if the fans cared, but most of y'all don't either.
        I don't think the player's care for women and the average fan's care for women is a causal relation, but rather a correlation in the that misogyny is a prevalent staple of our society both inside football and out.

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
          Only reason Ray Rice couldn't find another job was because he wasn't good enough on the football field.

I don't think the player's care for women and the average fan's care for women is a causal relation, but rather a correlation in the that misogyny is a prevalent staple of our society both inside football and out.
          It probably didn't help, but it was widely reported that at least one team thought about signing him and ownership shot it down.

No ****. Look at how Rags goes to defend Winston every time he says something stupid about women, and Rags is a pretty nice guy. Imagine what the average redneck NFL fan thinks of Winston's comments, i.e., not a whole lot and probably not negatively.

Blue is right

Comment

• Yeah, if Ray Rice was still at the top of his game, he would have absolutely gotten picked up. He didn't because he was done and pedestrian RBs are a dime a dozen.

A more recent example: Tyreek Hill. Would anyone approve of him choking his pregnant girlfriend? Of course not. Did anyone care after those first couple of TDs? Nope. In fact, it was a non-story. Only reason I knew of it was because of one of the commentators bringing it up, Collinsworth I think. And it was only mentioned to explain how he fell in the draft.
            Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 02-23-2017, 09:06 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• San Francisco could draft Alabama LB Reuben Foster 2nd overall.

I doubt the former Alabama star would be available at that point. There's a lot of buzz he could end up going to the San Francisco 49ers with the second overall pick.
              Not to toot my own horn or anything, but...called it.

Blue is right

Comment

• Let's chill out before saying i told you so based on a smokescreen in february

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• It'd make sense. Foster is a super-stud, so long as surgery or concussions aren't an issue.

Comment

Let's chill out before saying i told you so based on a smokescreen in february
                    Let's chill out before saying to chill out over a mock draft pick on February 2nd.

Blue is right

Comment

Let's chill out before saying i told you so based on a smokescreen in february

Originally posted by Blue View Post

Let's chill out before saying to chill out over a mock draft pick on February 2nd.
                      Let's all chill out before you both chill someone else to chill out about chilling out.

Comment

• Comp picks. (None for us, as usual.)
                        ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                          Comp picks. (None for us, as usual.)
                          ~
                          I'm surprised that the Steelers got a third round pick.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I'm surprised that the Steelers got a third round pick.
                            For who???
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

For who???
                              Beachum. The Okung contract got Seattle a 3rd and cost Denver their projected third for Osweiler, as well. Glad the league is cracking down on those nonsense structures.
                              CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Oh yeah. I forgot about him. Shame he hasn't bounced back from that knee yet.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X