No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, really not liking this Steelers draft so far. Edmunds is a SPARQ guy, maybe he could do something but he's still a reach. I like Washington, but Rudolph? I mean, at least it was a 3rd round pick and not a 1st rounder, but ugh. I'm no fan of these Big 12 QBs, aside from Mahomes last year. Also makes the Dobbs pick utterly pointless unless they cut Landry.

This might be the first draft of their's that I've legitimately disliked.
    sigpic

Comment

• Dallas with some nice picks as well. Michael Gallup is a good WR.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
        Wow, really not liking this Steelers draft so far. Edmunds is a SPARQ guy, maybe he could do something but he's still a reach. I like Washington, but Rudolph? I mean, at least it was a 3rd round pick and not a 1st rounder, but ugh. I'm no fan of these Big 12 QBs, aside from Mahomes last year. Also makes the Dobbs pick utterly pointless unless they cut Landry.

This might be the first draft of their's that I've legitimately disliked.
        Haven't liked the Ravens draft at all, either.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Haven't liked the Ravens draft at all, either.
          Pittsburgh hasn't effectively improved it's roster enough. How big of an upgrade is Edmunds over Davis. Again, nothing against Washington, but they essentially swap Bryant out for him. And Ruldolph replaces Landry. Lots of lateral moves.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Pittsburgh hasn't effectively improved it's roster enough. How big of an upgrade is Edmunds over Davis. Again, nothing against Washington, but they essentially swap Bryant out for him. And Ruldolph replaces Landry. Lots of lateral moves.
            I think Edmunds replaces Mitchell, and Rudolph is better than Landry. Washington is shorter and slower than Bryant but not the same type of problem child. So, yeah, they really aren't better on paper than they were on Wednesday.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I would have drafted Griffin before Burks, but nobody pays me to make that call.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I would have drafted Griffin before Burks, but nobody pays me to make that call.
                Nah. Burks is a stud. Tested better than Zach Cunningham did last year too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Nah. Burks is a stud. Tested better than Zach Cunningham did last year too.
                  Sez you.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• BTW congrats to the Titans for getting Harold Landry in the 2nd. I had them picking him at 25 in my mock.
                    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                      BTW congrats to the Titans for getting Harold Landry in the 2nd. I had them picking him at 25 in my mock.
                      ~
                      Guice is still and will remain the steal of this draft.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Still some good value available today. Mo Hurst is still out there I believe, and there are 3 TEs that I like as well. Not to mention S and ILB. This is a good spot for Dorance Armstrong, and interior O-linemen such as Clapp, Quessenberry and Bozeman can all provide quality depth. Then you have the WRs licj Cobb, Lazard, Weineke, Cantrell, and Hamilton. RBs Ballage, Hines, and Samuels (FB/H-back to me).
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

BTW congrats to the Titans for getting Harold Landry in the 2nd. I had them picking him at 25 in my mock.
                          ~
                          Immediately turned my opinion of the draft around. All they have now is a fifth and two sixths, but they addressed the only two needs at starting positions with instant impact players, so I'm psyched. Now I'm just hoping one of the decent remaining tackles falls.
                          Come on, Maurice Hurst.

Comment

Guice is still and will remain the steal of this draft.
                            Here's the Guice report. Now we and the Lions have an RB career contest: Guice vs Kerryon Johnson.
                            ~

Comment

• Kyle Lauletta to the Giants.
                              ~

Comment

Here's the Guice report. Now we and the Lions have an RB career contest: Guice vs Kerryon Johnson.
                                ~
                                Thanks. I hadn't heard about a supposed incident in Philly. Everything I've heard about the guy tells me he's a good kid and not just because he went to LSU. I'm glad he didn't go to Detroit, but the Lions will be sorry. Here is another story about Guice and, after reading it, remember that it doesn't include this year when he pulled a lady out of a burning car. If he is a bad kid, I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/run-angry/
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X