No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Browns drafted an undersized, polarizing QB with off-field issues and a CB that blazed the 40 in rd 1 this year. Why oh why does that sound familiar?
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
      So the Browns drafted an undersized, polarizing QB with off-field issues and a CB that blazed the 40 in rd 1 this year. Why oh why does that sound familiar?
      Because it's Cleveland? Being #1 overall, Mayfield should get many more chances than Johnny did.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Because it's Cleveland? Being #1 overall, Mayfield should get many more chances than Johnny did.
        Lol. A dearth of chances wasn't Johnny's problem.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Lol. A dearth of chances wasn't Johnny's problem.
          Nope, the dearth of chances were because of his problems. Apparently he's in the CFL now.
          sigpic

Comment

• Well, I got four draft picks right in my final mock (team to player; just three at number positions). Not bad considering I didn't change things up for the Baker Mayfield No. 1 leaks. That said, I also had four right on my initial mock (either count) back in March.

I did mock the Titans two guys they picked up as UDFAs in later rounds, so that's something. Anyone do well in the mock contest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
              Well, I got four draft picks right in my final mock (team to player; just three at number positions). Not bad considering I didn't change things up for the Baker Mayfield No. 1 leaks. That said, I also had four right on my initial mock (either count) back in March.

I did mock the Titans two guys they picked up as UDFAs in later rounds, so that's something. Anyone do well in the mock contest?
              I got 58 points, which is pretty good because I also ignored the Mayfield leak (and its likely consequences, Giants take Barkley, Jets take Darnold). In fact I didn't get a single top 10 pick right at number positions. But I got Minkah at 11 right, Vea at 12 (albeit to the Broncos rather than Bucs), Davenport at 14 (but to the Packers, not Saints), Price at 21 to the Bengals, and DJ Moore at 24 to the Panthers.

Had Isaiah Wynn to the Patriots, but the wrong pick, so zero points. And I just missed on 5 for Sony Michel because the Pats took him at 31 and I had him to the Eagles at 32.

I think 58 is the most I've ever gotten. Wish I'd bought that Mayfield rumor, I coulda been a contender, instead of a bum!

P.S. Also, my "Derwin is available at 13, Redskins trade back!" idea was costly. Vea was off the board, I shoulda known they'd be conservative and just pick Payne. Instead, I got zero for that pick and for the Cowboys', too.

P.P.S. And I had Landry to the Titans right, but at 25, not round 2.
              ~
              Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 04-30-2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• I can't decide if I'm surprised that Landry lasted until the 2nd or not. I suppose that would indicate that I am, in fact, not.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I am very surprised that Poona Ford and Godwin Igwebuike didn't get drafted at all. I would have happily taken either in rounds 4-5, which is where I look for key rotational players and quality reserves such as a 3rd or 4th DT or S. So now watch neither of them make a team.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I am very surprised that Poona Ford and Godwin Igwebuike didn't get drafted at all. I would have happily taken either in rounds 4-5, which is where I look for key rotational players and quality reserves such as a 3rd or 4th DT or S. So now watch neither of them make a team.
                    It's the sad tale of the run stopper. No one wants them anymore. I was hoping for Poona but they went Frazier instead. I was surprised he wasn't drafted. Did he get signed? Don't know the safety.
                    sigpic

Comment

It's the sad tale of the run stopper. No one wants them anymore.
                      Yep. See Tim Settle, 5th-round pick. Poona signed with the Seahawks.
                      ~

Comment

It's the sad tale of the run stopper. No one wants them anymore. I was hoping for Poona but they went Frazier instead. I was surprised he wasn't drafted. Did he get signed? Don't know the safety.
                        Yeah, but Poona has some burst to him, for a squat fat guy anyway. Godwin played safety for Northwestern.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So, what's the logic with saying the Browns are dumb for not taking Barkley first overall because OMG, best player ever, but trashing the Giants for taking him second when they still have Eli for probably a couple of years?

Comment

So, what's the logic with saying the Browns are dumb for not taking Barkley first overall because OMG, best player ever, but trashing the Giants for taking him second when they still have Eli for probably a couple of years?
                            Zero logic, really. If the Giants can cash in with Eli, they totally win. Or if they later manage to manage with a new game manager, it's still o.k. to good.

OTOH if Darnold turns out to be Touchdown Jesus, both teams get dunked on. Them's the rules. (And Siena gets to celebrate good times, come on.)
                            ~

Comment

So, what's the logic with saying the Browns are dumb for not taking Barkley first overall because OMG, best player ever, but trashing the Giants for taking him second when they still have Eli for probably a couple of years?
                              That struck me as odd, with how many high profile QB mistakes the Browns have had. Picking an RB would be very Browns, even as great as Barkley is.
                              sigpic

Comment

• So the Titans just claimed a guy off of waivers whose name is Gimel President.

Comment

Working...
                                X