2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    So the Titans just claimed a guy off of waivers whose name is Gimel President.
    So is that some made up bs like Equinimeous St Brown or is his legit last name President?
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• We've added 5 UDFA WRs along with 7th rounder Trey Quinn. Josh Docton, Jamison Crowder, and Paul Richardson Jr. are all locks.

Everyone else better bust their behinds for the remaining 2, or at most 3 spots. Don't forget special teams, gang!
      ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

So is that some made up bs like Equinimeous St Brown or is his legit last name President?
        I think it's made up. His college profile gives his parents' last names as Simmons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

I think it's made up. His college profile gives his parents' last names as Simmons.
          My theory: Trung Candidate got elected.
          sigpic

Comment

• More sad run-stopper tales: Patriots aren't picking up Danny Shelton's 5th year option.
            ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
              More sad run-stopper tales: Patriots aren't picking up Danny Shelton's 5th year option.
              ~
              Kid was great in college. This is usually the season the big fatties realize they can no longer get by just by being larger than everybody else and actually seem to put the work in.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Kid was great in college. This is usually the season the big fatties realize they can no longer get by just by being larger than everybody else and actually seem to put the work in.
                And Jon Hankins is still a free agent.
                ~

Comment

~
                  ....so is Eric Reid.

Comment

~
                    I think the issue was that he overpriced himself or wanted too many years, which is why the Lions took Sylvester Williams instead for 1 year at $3.5M. I wouldn't be opposed to having both if it could be afforded, but having two run stuffers at $3.5M+ probably isn't the best idea and there isn't too much cap space left. Also, maybe everybody saw this typo by PFF and thought he sucked.

6. Johnathan Hankins, DI

Contributing to the second-highest grade of his career, Hankins missed all but one tackle of his 43 total attempts in 2017 while adding 20 QB pressures from the inside.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Well, I was a bit behind on news when I posted. The Lions had Akeem Spence take a $500k pay cut that could be made back with incentives even though he got a $750k increase in salary from incentives he hit last year. Not long after he is traded to the Dolphins for what looks to be a 7th round pick. Suddenly the Lions have more cap room and could use another DT.
                      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

~
                        A guy who seems to have figured it out and has been playing well. No telling if this sort of thing might effect him.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Matt Ryan got an insane contract. The Falcons will probably have garbage depth in a few years.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Jason Witten retires.

Might have been nice if he did that before the draft.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I know Oliver and Gary are the top DTs going into next year, but who are the top OTs?
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                                Matt Ryan got an insane contract. The Falcons will probably have garbage depth in a few years.
                                Without Ryan they have nothing. Also, it's all going to hinge on how the contract is structured.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X