2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Without Ryan they have nothing. Also, it's all going to hinge on how the contract is structured.
    Yeah it's a real catch 22. Unless a lot of those guarantees are upfront.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Yeah it's a real catch 22. Unless a lot of those guarantees are upfront.
      Just look at their draft, and look at their starting lineup. 2 WRs taken and zero O-linemen, no DT until rd 3. They could have had Taven Bryan or Harrison Phillips, Austin Corbett or James Daniels or Connor Williams. All of which is just continuing years of truly asinine moves by the front office. They have made their bed etc...
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So PFF says Dallas had arguably the best draft class while Charlie calls it unequivocally the worst.

Gee, who do I trust, the team of dozens (hundreds?) of tape grinders and analytics innovators or some dude on the beach. Idk
        CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
          So PFF says Dallas had arguably the best draft class while Charlie calls it unequivocally the worst.

Gee, who do I trust, the team of dozens (hundreds?) of tape grinders and analytics innovators or some dude on the beach. Idk
          I thought the Cowboys had a great haul. LVE, Williams, and Gallup were quality picks, and Armstrong, Schultz, and Scarborough were good depth picks. I don't think they had the best draft class (that's the Chargers, Giants, or Bengals), but they're definitely closer to the top than the bottom.

Comment

So PFF says Dallas had arguably the best draft class while Charlie calls it unequivocally the worst.

PFF isn't always the best with draft projections. 2016 Bills Draft Grade vs Falcons. I think they don't factor in off field, injury, and fit as much and Charlie seems to be docking the Cowboys for those reasons.
            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Yeah I've found that PFF doesn't do the draft very well. Granted it's all a crapshoot, so decide on their draft for yourself.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't believe in Pff at all, but I also thought Dallas had the 2nd best draft class behind the Giants. So, there's that. The only thing I can see going against them are the possible health concerns around LVE and Williams.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Jason Witten retires.

Might have been nice if he did that before the draft.
                  I think it was announced before hand but he wanted to mull it over. I heard he's taking the MNF gig.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm rooting for beach dude. Nothing personal, strictly business. In other news, Shawn Lauvao is a Redskin again. Check the thread for your favorite amusing gifs.
                    ~

Comment

I think it was announced before hand but he wanted to mull it over. I heard he's taking the MNF gig.
                      I believe I read that as of April 17 he was still planning on playing, but then the MNF offer came in and he finally decided to hang 'em up. Not much lead time for Dallas, though they recovered nicely picking up Schultz that late.

Seems Ben is throwing a mini hissy over the Steelers drafting Rudolph.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I believe I read that as of April 17 he was still planning on playing, but then the MNF offer came in and he finally decided to hang 'em up. Not much lead time for Dallas, though they recovered nicely picking up Schultz that late.

Seems Ben is throwing a mini hissy over the Steelers drafting Rudolph.
                        That's not surprising in the slightest.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's not surprising in the slightest.
                          Nor is his declaration after the Steelers made the pick that he plans to play another 3 or 4 years. I did get a chuckle out of it though.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I tend to think that we landed somewhere in the middle, B/B- range, I thought we got value and filled needs with our first three picks, but there's some risk involved with the first two picks between their respective injury histories, Vander Esch's inexperience and Williams likely moving positions. i actually like Armstrong a lot though, he kinda reminds me of Lawrence

The big disconnect seems to be on the Williams pick, who most view as a steal but this site is calling a 4th-5th rounder. Last time Walt and Charlie were this down on an OL we drafted highly was Travis Frederick, so I can only hope this pick goes as poorly as that one.

And I know no one cares about PFF but I thought it was interesting that Gallup and Cedrick Wilson scored so well in some of their metrics (yards per route run, red zone drop percentage, etc.) I'm not saying that means either will become a quality starter in the NFL but I do think both were very analytical picks.

edit: and I don't know if Scarbrough can stay healthy and really play but if they get him going? Man. Talk about doubling down on your identity
                            Last edited by whatdoyouwant711; 05-05-2018, 02:37 AM.
                            CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

I tend to think that we landed somewhere in the middle, B/B- range, I thought we got value and filled needs with our first three picks, but there's some risk involved with the first two picks between their respective injury histories, Vander Esch's inexperience and Williams likely moving positions. i actually like Armstrong a lot though, he kinda reminds me of Lawrence

The big disconnect seems to be on the Williams pick, who most view as a steal but this site is calling a 4th-5th rounder. Last time Walt and Charlie were this down on an OL we drafted highly was Travis Frederick, so I can only hope this pick goes as poorly as that one.

And I know no one cares about PFF but I thought it was interesting that Gallup and Cedrick Wilson scored so well in some of their metrics (yards per route run, red zone drop percentage, etc.) I'm not saying that means either will become a quality starter in the NFL but I do think both were very analytical picks.

edit: and I don't know if Scarbrough can stay healthy and really play but if they get him going? Man. Talk about doubling down on your identity
                              Obviously there may be injury concerns with Williams and LVE, but not being a doctor I'll trust the guys that get payed by NFL teams to make the determination there. I'd also much rather worry about Williams knee than a Randy Gregory drug problem again. IMO Gallup looks like a solid to high level #2 WR, and Schultz was a damn steal. For my money, Dallas had the 2nd best class this year behind only the Giants. We'll see how it works out 3 or so years from now.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• The Broncos and Bengals also had annoyingly good drafts.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X