Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

    Y'all are just salty. In all seriousness, the NHL is more focused on speed and offense than the NFL is. I guess it makes sense: butts in seats matter to a league that actually lost a season and a ton of popularity.
    The worst thing to happen to the NHL in my lifetime was the flubbing of the tv deal with b$pn. It was an interesting sport that was gaining some popularity across America and then poof. The rest of us in places lime nasar country couldn't find it on tv anymore. The closest it ever came to regaining its traction was with Gretzky, and that was short lived.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

    Lol

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

      The worst thing to happen to the NHL in my lifetime was the flubbing of the tv deal with b$pn. It was an interesting sport that was gaining some popularity across America and then poof. The rest of us in places lime nasar country couldn't find it on tv anymore. The closest it ever came to regaining its traction was with Gretzky, and that was short lived.
      Yeah, they screwed that up, and insisted that Vs. was better. A channel no one had. Their streaming options barely work and have all kinds of inconveniences, too. And don't get me started on their archaic blackout rules. The only times I've been able to watch the Pens with any regularity is either during playoff time or when I went down to South Carolina. It's absurd, and probably why I'm not as into hockey as I'd like to be. Kinda tough to do it when you can't watch most of the games.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

        Yeah, they screwed that up, and insisted that Vs. was better. A channel no one had. Their streaming options barely work and have all kinds of inconveniences, too. And don't get me started on their archaic blackout rules. The only times I've been able to watch the Pens with any regularity is either during playoff time or when I went down to South Carolina. It's absurd, and probably why I'm not as into hockey as I'd like to be. Kinda tough to do it when you can't watch most of the games.
        This was back in the early 80s. And where in SC did you go?
        Flinchy McTapQwik

        Lol

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

          This was back in the early 80s. And where in SC did you go?
          Wow, they screwed up with ESPN mutiple times. I vacationed in Charleston, and almost moved to Greenville before deciding against it.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

            Wow, they screwed up with ESPN mutiple times. I vacationed in Charleston, and almost moved to Greenville before deciding against it.
            Yeah they did. Charleston is a beautiful city, one of my faves in fact.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

            Lol

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

              Yeah they did. Charleston is a beautiful city, one of my faves in fact.
              Yeah it was awesome. Lots of history there. And food.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Charleston is cool as hell. I spent New Year's there last year.

                Comment


                • Nashville is apparently the likely spot for the 2019 Draft. Woot!

                  Comment


                  • In case you haven't heard, Matt Patricia and another guy were indicted for aggravated sexual assault in 1996. Apparently this just came out and barely anybody new about it. The case was quickly dismissed because the defendant didn't want to go to trial.

                    Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                    Nashville is apparently the likely spot for the 2019 Draft. Woot!
                    Congrats! I've spent time around the area since my great grandma lived in Murfreesboro, but I think the closest I ever was to stopping there was randomly eating at a Hooters just north of it on the way to a wrestling tournament in Louisiana like 15 years ago. I remember because it felt like the parking lot was almost under a highway overpass. Plus I was always taking menus from those places as a kid.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                      In case you haven't heard, Matt Patricia and another guy were indicted for aggravated sexual assault in 1996. Apparently this just came out and barely anybody new about it. The case was quickly dismissed because the defendant didn't want to go to trial.

                      Congrats! I've spent time around the area since my great grandma lived in Murfreesboro, but I think the closest I ever was to stopping there was randomly eating at a Hooters just north of it on the way to a wrestling tournament in Louisiana like 15 years ago. I remember because it felt like the parking lot was almost under a highway overpass. Plus I was always taking menus from those places as a kid.
                      I saw the thing about Patricia and it looked like the victim recanted their story, at least the article I read seemed to read that way. Are there more details being reported up in Detroit?

                      Yeah, Murfreesboro is pretty much constantly under construction. And Nashville is starting to get that way too, since the only thing they seem to cater to anymore is tourists and trust fund hipsters. And the city government still hasn't figured out that the transit system needed is between the bedroom communities around Nashville and Nashville itself (morning and afternoon traffic is insane), not more crap to take tourists from Broadway to East Nashville.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Daniel View Post

                        I saw the thing about Patricia and it looked like the victim recanted their story, at least the article I read seemed to read that way. Are there more details being reported up in Detroit?

                        Yeah, Murfreesboro is pretty much constantly under construction. And Nashville is starting to get that way too, since the only thing they seem to cater to anymore is tourists and trust fund hipsters. And the city government still hasn't figured out that the transit system needed is between the bedroom communities around Nashville and Nashville itself (morning and afternoon traffic is insane), not more crap to take tourists from Broadway to East Nashville.
                        In Detroit this is about the biggest thing going on and I don't think the local sports radio has talked about anything else since it came up last night. Patricia had a press conference not long ago because of the rookie minicamp and basically said it was a false accusation and he feels it was brought up to damage his reputation. Depending on who you ask it seems they think she recanted and the case was weak or she just didn't wan the stress of the trial and it was a solid case. Without hearing from the woman it'd be impossible to tell anything at this point and The Detroit News made it sounds like they contacted her and she wanted no part in talking about it.
                        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                        Comment


                        • Nashville isn't too far away.

                          Regarding the Patricia thing, if neither party wants to discuss this event from over 20 years ago and the case was dismissed, then who brought it up? The timing is just too convenient.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                            Nashville isn't too far away.

                            Regarding the Patricia thing, if neither party wants to discuss this event from over 20 years ago and the case was dismissed, then who brought it up? The timing is just too convenient.
                            The press brought it up cuz #metoo. So put your bait and tackle in a lock box, gents.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

                            Lol

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

                              The press brought it up cuz #metoo. So put your bait and tackle in a lock box, gents.
                              I think the press brought it to light because they thought people should know about it. Then everything got weird because it seems like nobody outside of the people involved in the actual case knew it even happened. The Pats didn't know about it the whole time he worked there. The Lions apparently heard about it after somebody asked them about the report. RPI, the school both of the men went to didn't know about it.

                              Most of the concern lately in Detroit has been "would the Lions have hired him if they knew about this in advance" and "how the hell did they not find out about this when they vetted him". I think this will stick around longer than normal because of that combined with the other Detroit teams being bad this year.
                              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                              Comment


                              • Thats what I said.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

                                Lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X