This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP Finlay@JPFinlayNBCS

Redskins' LG Arie Kouandjio suffers apparent torn quad injury, 2018 season in jeopardy, per source 11:00 AM - May 11, 2018
    -----------------

So that's why we resigned Lauvao, I guess. I was hoping we'd be able to upgrade LG in the draft. Looks like we've gone the other way.
    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
      JP Finlay@JPFinlayNBCS

Redskins' LG Arie Kouandjio suffers apparent torn quad injury, 2018 season in jeopardy, per source 11:00 AM - May 11, 2018
      -----------------

So that's why we resigned Lauvao, I guess. I was hoping we'd be able to upgrade LG in the draft. Looks like we've gone the other way.
      ~
      I hate seeing injuries this time of year.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
        JP Finlay@JPFinlayNBCS

-----------------

~
        Ouch, dude. At least he didn't have Jericho putting him in the Lion Tamer on the announce desk after tearing said quad.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Ouch, dude. At least he didn't have Jericho putting him in the Lion Tamer on the announce desk after tearing said quad.
          Man I wish I could get into wrestling again. The quad injury was the Kevin Nash injury of choice, was it not?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Man I wish I could get into wrestling again. The quad injury was the Kevin Nash injury of choice, was it not?
            It was. He popped a quad crossing the ring, that big goof. But I was talking about when Triple H tore his quad off the bone. After doing that, he got stretched and sorta finished the match. Impressive exhibition of toughness and stupidity. I remember when he came back from that, he got the biggest pop I ever heard in WWE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRGQugQpjz8
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Yeah, I remember that. I can't think of too many guys that have charisma like the guys of that era. I haven't watched in awhile though.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                Yeah, I remember that. I can't think of too many guys that have charisma like the guys of that era. I haven't watched in awhile though.
                Today I've actually been on youtube and watching old school wrestling from Florida, 80-84. Back when the American Dream was at the height of his powers. It was great stuff, man. Today I read up on what's going on like once a week, and I might catch 30 minutes of the product a month. But, yeah, I just don't care. I mean, I'm glad Daniel Bryan was able to come back, after three years, from his concussion and neck issues. I'm glad Ric Flair's daughter is doing so well. I can't be bothered past that, though. Only thing I've watched regularly in years was the past two seasons of Lucha Underground. Really enjoyed it, too. We'll see if I'm still interested in it when it comes back on in June. The parent company has botched things pretty badly, which has killed a lot of my interest in the product.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Today I've actually been on youtube and watching old school wrestling from Florida, 80-84. Back when the American Dream was at the height of his powers. It was great stuff, man. Today I read up on what's going on like once a week, and I might catch 30 minutes of the product a month. But, yeah, I just don't care. I mean, I'm glad Daniel Bryan was able to come back, after three years, from his concussion and neck issues. I'm glad Ric Flair's daughter is doing so well. I can't be bothered past that, though. Only thing I've watched regularly in years was the past two seasons of Lucha Underground. Really enjoyed it, too. We'll see if I'm still interested in it when it comes back on in June. The parent company has botched things pretty badly, which has killed a lot of my interest in the product.
                  I've heard some good things about New Japan, but haven't checked it out. I've tried to watch ROH as well but it just didn't hook me. Glad to hear Bryan is back in action. They seemed to piss away his prime though. Gotta push Roman Reigns instead! Are they still doing that? That guy just wasn't interesting in the slightest. The commentary is awful now, too, but that's not really the fault of the commentators. They can't do much when they have to say how everything's trending on twitter (like half of the commentary includes the word "hashtag"), or saying stupid or outright false things to pump up certain wrestlers (Reigns). Just makes me miss the King and JR. The latter which I'll say again, ESPN should have contacted about the MNF gig.

But it all comes down to the in ring talent. I wasn't born yet during the heyday of the NWA and the Dream's career, but I can tell you about the greatness of the 90s/ early 00s wrestlers. Even the midcard was stacked.
                  Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 05-13-2018, 08:41 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I can't get into New Japan for 3 reasons: I don't speak Chop Suey, I like storylines, and I hate when wrestlers acknowledge that it's all a work and make a joke out of kayfabe. I imagine ROH must have been pretty good back in the day when you had Punk, Bryan, Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, Nigel McGuiness and a few others I don't recall overlapping there. Now it just doesn't do anything for me. So every now and again I dial up the way back machine and watch old territory stuff. Usually Florida, but also Mid Atlantic, Georgia, and World Class.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Football related, Bruce Irvin got his degree from West Virginia so congratulations to him. Can't say I ever saw that coming.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So, the Titans signed Akrum Wadley, Deontay Burnett, and Damon Webb in undrafted free agency, which made me happy as the first two are projected to make the final roster, but the biggest bonus they paid to any UDFA was to Sharif Finch, edge rusher out of Temple. No familiarity with him at all outside of his stats, but I'm wondering if they expect him to make the team too based on the bonus.

Comment

• I feel like Wadley is too slow to be that small.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I feel like Wadley is too slow to be that small.
                            Local reports are that he's looking good so far in the minicamps; I didn't watch much of him this year, but he did seem like a player that would get drafted to me. The number 3 RB on the roster last year was David Fluellen, who was a UDFA himself and not that good. Makes sense to try out a rookie instead, so he doesn't exactly have a hard path in front of him to make the team.

Burnett's in a similar position. No. 5 receiver for the Titans looks like Campanaro, and Burnett can return kicks too, so he may beat him out. Won't have to beat him if they keep six receivers.

Comment

• I just didn't feel he was very good when I watched hi, especially compared to the stuff I had heard about him, like he was a real player. To me he seemed undersized, straight line-ish, and not particularly fast. If he makes the team good for him, and I'm not saying he can't. I just didn't see much there when I watched him.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I just didn't feel he was very good when I watched hi, especially compared to the stuff I had heard about him, like he was a real player. To me he seemed undersized, straight line-ish, and not particularly fast. If he makes the team good for him, and I'm not saying he can't. I just didn't see much there when I watched him.
                                He might be kind of like a Mike Hart kind of guy. Undersized and slow, enough grit to kill it at the college level but just not enough athleticism to make it in the pros.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X