This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
    That Reuben Foster stuff is nuts. Apparently the girl he beat up says she wasn't beat up by him and she made the entire thing up to get money. If a lie she is probably getting paid like mad, but either way this is not going to help the women who actually get beaten.
    Victim recanting is extremely common in domestic assaults. So much so that most DA's will simply ignore the victim if they do so.

Where I live, DA doesn't give a **** about victim recanting. She'll actually just threaten to charge them with perjury if they change their story. Of course, that's because here when I was in high school, a guy murdered his wife, daughter, and daughter's best friend by setting the house on fire with them in it like a week after wife recanted and got the domestic assault charges dropped. They've treated them a lot more seriously since then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Victim recanting is extremely common in domestic assaults. So much so that most DA's will simply ignore the victim if they do so.
      Didn't Ray Rice's girlfriend end up trying to drop everything, too? Yeah this happens a lot.
      sigpic

Comment

• Who are your best available free agents? I've already mentioned Hankins, so I'll throw Navarro Bowman out there. Wouldn't be a bad pick up for a number of teams, including the Steelers. Who you got?
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
          Who are your best available free agents? I've already mentioned Hankins, so I'll throw Navarro Bowman out there. Wouldn't be a bad pick up for a number of teams, including the Steelers. Who you got?
          Eric Reid and Tre Boston. Nobody needs safeties?
          ~

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with the safety market. I believe Kenny Vacarro is still out there, too.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Yeah I'm not sure what's going on with those safeties. There's some thought that Reid's protests are an issue, but that doesn't explain the others. Hankins is out there.
              sigpic

Comment

• Breeland is still floating around out there at CB. Better player than he is given credit for imo.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Yeah. It's really surprising that so many safeties are still out there, as are teams needing safeties. ****, at this point, you'd think you could get them for crazy cheap too.

Every day that the Titans don't call Eric Reid for a visit, I get a little bit madder.

Comment

• Did anybody else think Vincent Jackson retired a couple of years ago?
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Did anybody else think Vincent Jackson retired a couple of years ago?
                      I totally forgot about him!

If the Steelers didn't draft 2 safeties and sign Burnett, I'd want them to look into one of these guys. If only the LB market wasn't dry.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I totally forgot about him!

If the Steelers didn't draft 2 safeties and sign Burnett, I'd want them to look into one of these guys. If only the LB market wasn't dry.
                        Navarro Bowman could be a good stopgap to get the team to next year's draft. They won't sign him, but it's a reasonable option imo. I find it interesting that a few years ago, Dallas had their eye on Shazier but the Steelers nabbed him just before Dallas was on the clock, while this year Pitt had their eye on LVE and he went to Dallas.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Navarro Bowman could be a good stopgap to get the team to next year's draft. They won't sign him, but it's a reasonable option imo. I find it interesting that a few years ago, Dallas had their eye on Shazier but the Steelers nabbed him just before Dallas was on the clock, while this year Pitt had their eye on LVE and he went to Dallas.
                          Yeah, I was bummed. And they apparently didn't like anyone beyond the top 4. Well, bring on the big nickel/dime packages. They may have the safeties to do it now.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Yeah, I was bummed. And they apparently didn't like anyone beyond the top 4. Well, bring on the big nickel/dime packages. They may have the safeties to do it now.
                            I would have gone with Shaq Griffin, personally. He clearly has the speed and athleticism to do the job. But that's just me.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I would have gone with Shaq Griffin, personally. He clearly has the speed and athleticism to do the job. But that's just me.
                              He may have been on their radar, but who knows.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Steelers reporters maintain the team and Bell will be parting ways after the season. I'll believe it when I see it.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X