2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

If they have it downtown (which is what I assume they'll do, since that's what they did with the jersey announcement thing) my soon to be mother in law's house is literally within walking distance, so as long as I can keep that day (and probably the next morning) free on my calendar and it's not insanely expensive, I am not missing it.
    I can't imagine a ticket to the draft would be expensive, would it?
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I can't imagine a ticket to the draft would be expensive, would it?
      I would think it depends on where it's held. I assumed it would be comparable to an NFL ticket.

Comment

• Philly only had tickets for the VIP experience if I recall. I could be wrong though.
        sigpic

Comment

I would think it depends on where it's held. I assumed it would be comparable to an NFL ticket.
          Yeah, I'm not paying that to see the draft.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Yeah, I'm not paying that to see the draft.
            I mean, I also assume that there will be a free version. Which is what I'm gonna try to do.

Comment

• Yeah, I double checked. Free for basic entry. VIP tickets were insane though. Don't know how Dallas handled it.
              sigpic

Comment

I mean, I also assume that there will be a free version. Which is what I'm gonna try to do.
                That's what I would go for. I mean if with the VIP ticket I got to talk to Mayock/Kiper/McShay during commercials or something, that would be cool. But otherwise the whole idea is just being there at the draft with a bunch of other fans and celebrate or complain together, depending on who your team drafted.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So the NFL is considering a 15 yard penalty for players that kneel.

Comment

So the NFL is considering a 15 yard penalty for players that kneel.
                    Didn't see that. I did see that they have changed the kickoff rules, banning wedge blocks entirely, automatic touchbacks when the ball reaches the endzone, and the kicking team having to line up within 1 yard of the 35 instead of 5 yards, preventing a running start. Honestly, may as well just get rid of them at this point.

They have made the helmet to helmet rules official as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Aren't they also changing the way teams line-up for kickoffs, or is that the "within one yard" bit?
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Hunter Henry has torn his ACL.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Aren't they also changing the way teams line-up for kickoffs, or is that the "within one yard" bit?
                          Yup. They are trying to eliminate the running start on kickoffs.

Damn shame about Henry. Just when he had the job to himself, too.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Whoa. Mychael Kendricks released by the Iggles. Now there is a player the Steelers should jump on.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Whoa. Mychael Kendricks released by the Iggles. Now there is a player the Steelers should jump on.
                              Would be neat, but they won't. Unless something weird happens and they sign Bell for less than the tag this year.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Would be neat, but they won't. Unless something weird happens and they sign Bell for less than the tag this year.
                                Oh, I don't think they will either. Just saying they should. But I've liked Kendricks since the draft.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X