This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Didn't see that. I did see that they have changed the kickoff rules, banning wedge blocks entirely, automatic touchbacks when the ball reaches the endzone, and the kicking team having to line up within 1 yard of the 35 instead of 5 yards, preventing a running start. Honestly, may as well just get rid of them at this point.

They have made the helmet to helmet rules official as well.
    I actually like the kickoff changes outside of the stupid automatic touchback. They moved the blockers forward and the kickoff team no longer has a running start. This should actually make for less injuries from people slamming into a blocker while having more good returns and more defenders running free at the returner. That free guy shouldn't make for as many injuries because the returner should be trying to dodge him. The only downside I see is that it will make onside kicks harder due to not having a running start. They may need to change it so you can get the running start for onside kicks.
    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• HAve there been a bunch of injuries on kickoffs, or does it just seem like a bad idea? Serious question.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Well, not going to the ****ing draft now.

Comment

• A.J. Perez‏Verified account @byajperez

Richie Incognito detained, put on psychiatric hold after disturbance @lifetimefitness in Boca Raton, Fla.
          =======
          ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
            A.J. Perez‏Verified account @byajperez

Richie Incognito detained, put on psychiatric hold after disturbance @lifetimefitness in Boca Raton, Fla.
            =======
            ~
            Well, that's the least surprising thing I've heard in a while. Incognito has always been a serious nutjob.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Apparently Incognito chucked a barbell at somebody. Dude has never been exactly stable.

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
              Well, not going to the ****ing draft now.
              Why?

sigpic

Comment

• Way too early, overly optimistic OTA news: Derrius Guice looks good.

"The running backs all looked good but Guice looked the best of all of them. He had an ability to cut and maintain his speed that not many have." - Rich Tandler
                ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                  Way too early, overly optimistic OTA news: Derrius Guice looks good.

"The running backs all looked good but Guice looked the best of all of them. He had an ability to cut and maintain his speed that not many have." - Rich Tandler
                  ~
                  Until he gets to show his power, you won't get an idea of how good he is. Dude is a violent runner.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Apparently Incognito chucked a barbell at somebody. Dude has never been exactly stable.

Why?

The NFL went full white supremacy. I already don't like the whole forced patriotism crap that the NFL has been doing for years, but to ****ing ban player protests during the country's special little song is way over the ****ing line. I'm not gonna watch a second of the NFL til they reverse the rule, and that includes the draft. And of course, they do this **** the one time the draft is in Nashville and the Titans are finally good again.

Comment

• Are we sure the Titans are good again? I have no idea how things are gonna go with this new coach.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

The NFL went full white supremacy. I already don't like the whole forced patriotism crap that the NFL has been doing for years, but to ****ing ban player protests during the country's special little song is way over the ****ing line. I'm not gonna watch a second of the NFL til they reverse the rule, and that includes the draft. And of course, they do this **** the one time the draft is in Nashville and the Titans are finally good again.
                        The Jets chairman has already said he'd pay for any of his players' fines, and the Niners owner refused to vote on the issue. The NFLPA is predictably pissed. This isn't going away, no matter how some old rich guys feel.

I liked how the NFL tried to sneak this in behind the kickoff and helmet rules. Crafty. My thing is, they are taking a PR hit either way with various crowds, and it's very, very shortsighted to think this had a huge impact on ratings. Really, people would forget about it if our president would shut up about it. You would think he'd have more important things to do.
                        sigpic

Comment

Really, people would forget about it if our president would shut up about it. You would think he'd have more important things to do.
                          You mean like Incognito's involvement with the NSA?

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/24/richie-incognito-told-police-hes-involved-with-the-nsa-being-tracked-by-government/
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I don't know why that didn't link.

And have I mentioned Incognito is a nutjob?
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Yeah Incognito being a nut isn't a shock.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                                Are we sure the Titans are good again? I have no idea how things are gonna go with this new coach.
                                Oh yeah, I don't understand anyone hyping Vrabel at all, but I love the OC hire, and Pees was good if he still cares (though coming out of retirement always worries me). Mariota and Carr both had great second years and took a nosedive after getting the same injury at the same time, so I'm assuming it was mostly due to injury and that they'll be better in 2018. The roster is pretty damn good at this point, so that alone is a huge improvement from five to ten years ago.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

The Jets chairman has already said he'd pay for any of his players' fines, and the Niners owner refused to vote on the issue. The NFLPA is predictably pissed. This isn't going away, no matter how some old rich guys feel.

I liked how the NFL tried to sneak this in behind the kickoff and helmet rules. Crafty. My thing is, they are taking a PR hit either way with various crowds, and it's very, very shortsighted to think this had a huge impact on ratings. Really, people would forget about it if our president would shut up about it. You would think he'd have more important things to do.
                                I saw that, and that's cool. I'm already pissed that the NFLPA hasn't already moved to challenge it in some way. As quick as they were to defend suspensions for failed drug tests, cheating, or domestic assault, they're almost as ****ing culpable as the owners if they don't step up on this issue.

And yeah, that's maybe the thing that makes me the angriest. They were going to piss off a group of customers one way or the other, and even with that, knowing that there will be a similar market hit either way, they still couldn't do the right ****ing thing. Or even just not pass the goddamn thing unanimously. The Titans particularly, since they're one of the two teams in the league not owned by a white man.

Comment

Working...
                                X