This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Are the Pirates not terrible this year, or is it a mirage? I heard as a few weeks ago they looked decent.
    They were on a hot streak for a bit then went cold. Lots of baseball left but they could have themselves a solid team. Even though I don't follow baseball as much I can tell when the Pirates are good now that I live here. Lots more random people are willing to talk Buccos when they are good.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

They were on a hot streak for a bit then went cold. Lots of baseball left but they could have themselves a solid team. Even though I don't follow baseball as much I can tell when the Pirates are good now that I live here. Lots more random people are willing to talk Buccos when they are good.
      Who is on the team anymore? I know Cutch is gone, and they got rid of their ace pitcher.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Didn't realize Philly had that kind of cap space. Thats certainly something to think about. Would rather he stayed, though.
        To my knowledge they may not quite have what it costs to sign LBJ and George outright, but could work out a trade for Kawhi or McCollum (Fultz, Covington, picks I guess. Assume they would prefer to keep Saric) or whoever in addition to one of those signings.
        CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

To my knowledge they may not quite have what it costs to sign LBJ and George outright, but could work out a trade for Kawhi or McCollum (Fultz, Covington, picks I guess. Assume they would prefer to keep Saric) or whoever in addition to one of those signings.
          Not sure what they do with Simmons in that scenario. LBJ won't play off the ball and Simmons can't. Interesting that McCollum might be available. Hadn't heard that.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Who is on the team anymore? I know Cutch is gone, and they got rid of their ace pitcher.
            Couldn't tell you off hand. Don't follow the team enough.
            sigpic

Comment

Couldn't tell you off hand. Don't follow the team enough.
              I looked it up. Polanco is still on the team and still not very good.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Former Steelers OT Mike Adams is trying to make a return to the NFL as a TE.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Former Steelers OT Mike Adams is trying to make a return to the NFL as a TE.
                  Yeah, the dude is cut now. Will have to go to the CFL first though.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Walt has the Texans ranked as the No. 4 team in the NFL. This will be fun to watch.

Comment

Yeah, the dude is cut now. Will have to go to the CFL first though.
                      I didn't know the CFL even had TEs. I thought he was hoping for a tryout with an NFL team.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                        Walt has the Texans ranked as the No. 4 team in the NFL. This will be fun to watch.
                        I don't see it, but the Texans are one of those teams that will have to show me first before I believe. You know what I mean?
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I don't see it, but the Texans are one of those teams that will have to show me first before I believe. You know what I mean?
                          Yeah. I do expect them to be way better than last year overall, but even if Watson stays healthy all year, as do Watt, Clowney, and all those othered injured players, and if their O-line is significantly improved (and all of those things are big ifs), they won't be the fourth best team.
                          I also think he's too high on KC and too low on the Rams. They had one of the best offseasons in the NFL, and won 11 games last year with a young team. Should be in the driver's seat of the NFCW.

I just don't get how people that have watched more than a year of football can get so hyped. They beat Cleveland, Cincy, and a QB-less Tennessee with Watson. And they gave the slow-start Pats a game. That doesn't scream 12-4 next season to me.
                          Last edited by Daniel; 06-03-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Yeah. I do expect them to be way better than last year overall, but even if Watson stays healthy all year, as do Watt, Clowney, and all those othered injured players, and if their O-line is significantly improved (and all of those things are big ifs), they won't be the fourth best team.
                            I also think he's too high on KC and too low on the Rams. They had one of the best offseasons in the NFL, and won 11 games last year with a young team. Should be in the driver's seat of the NFCW.

I just don't get how people that have watched more than a year of football can get so hyped. They beat Cleveland, Cincy, and a QB-less Tennessee with Watson. And they gave the slow-start Pats a game. That doesn't scream 12-4 next season to me.
                            To me, the Rams could be a powder keg with all the personalities they brought in. Things went well last year, and I tend toward the play it safe side. Maybe they'll make it work, but I think there is reason to worry. As far as I'm concerned, Watson is more a headline at this point. He may become more, but he hasn't done enough yet to say for sure.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

To me, the Rams could be a powder keg with all the personalities they brought in. Things went well last year, and I tend toward the play it safe side. Maybe they'll make it work, but I think there is reason to worry. As far as I'm concerned, Watson is more a headline at this point. He may become more, but he hasn't done enough yet to say for sure.
                              I get that, but the talent level is insane and they were already a great team; it's just hard for me not to go ahead and pencil them into a high playoff spot with the NFCS being so competitive and both Green Bay and Minnesota having to deal with each other twice.
                              And as tough a time as mobile QBs have staying healthy, I would be shocked if Watson didn't miss a little time, at least, and even if he doesn't, he ain't a top 5 QB, which is what the Texans would need for that big a turnaround. He's definitely shown a ton of promise, but the history of mobile QBs doesn't show that promise translating to consistent high end play for another year or two.

Comment

I get that, but the talent level is insane and they were already a great team; it's just hard for me not to go ahead and pencil them into a high playoff spot with the NFCS being so competitive and both Green Bay and Minnesota having to deal with each other twice.
                                And as tough a time as mobile QBs have staying healthy, I would be shocked if Watson didn't miss a little time, at least, and even if he doesn't, he ain't a top 5 QB, which is what the Texans would need for that big a turnaround. He's definitely shown a ton of promise, but the history of mobile QBs doesn't show that promise translating to consistent high end play for another year or two.
                                Are they legitimate or just one year wonders? I expect them to have a much harder time in year two under McVay. They snuck up on a lot of people and that won't happen this season, not to mention we don't know who the real Jared Goff is yet.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X