This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
    Looks like the Cavs lost again. And the Caps may actually pull this off. Not much football to discuss, sadly.
    Do the Cavs get swept? If so, does LBJ leave?

I'm pulling for the Caps. I like Ovie, and **** being able to win the cup after being a team for a year.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Do the Cavs get swept? If so, does LBJ leave?

I'm pulling for the Caps. I like Ovie, and **** being able to win the cup after being a team for a year.
      I have enjoyed their suffering over the years. But I'm biased. As far as LeBron, I doubt he stays. As far as where he will go, I don't know. Again, I'd laugh very hard if he somehow ends up at Golden State. I have no ties to any team in basketball, so whatever.

I'm getting super ready for college football season. Oh, and the NFL too, though the pro season doesn't get good until the second half of the year.
      sigpic

Comment

• Julian Edelman suspended 4 games for PEDs.
        sigpic

Comment

• Lions 7th round FB tore his ACL. Nick Bellore is officially converting from LB who sometimes blocks to full time FB. Position battle over.

Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
          Not a good headline day for Michigan State fans.
          ~
          I'm guessing this was the sentencing of the rape case where they MSU football players plead down to "seducing an unmarried woman". Which is the dumbest law ever and I think it is only used for plea deals.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Could never get into that show. Couldn't get attached to the characters and found myself rooting for the zombies at times.

I don't know, for me personally I always associate zombies with cheesy movies and videogames. Probably why Zombieland is my favorite zombie movie. I just view the concept as cheesy fun and silly violence, and just can't be super serious about it.
          After like 2 seasons the zombies really left the spotlight. It's all post-apocalyptic civilization issues at this point with zombies mixed in as deadly annoyances. I'm only halfway through the last season, but I'm annoyed there isn't a group like the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout or something like that. More specifically the one BoS chapter that goes around with the sole purpose of essentially ethnically cleansing all things that aren't human. Hell, there should even be some sort of "vault" type thing by this point since it has been years. Then again, maybe they have those in one of the spinoff shows.
          http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I have enjoyed their suffering over the years. But I'm biased. As far as LeBron, I doubt he stays. As far as where he will go, I don't know. Again, I'd laugh very hard if he somehow ends up at Golden State. I have no ties to any team in basketball, so whatever.

I'm getting super ready for college football season. Oh, and the NFL too, though the pro season doesn't get good until the second half of the year.
            No. Just no. I'd like for the NBA to be at least marginally interesting. I badly need some sort of entertainment during the football offseason.

I'm always ready for football season. Not sure what to expect from LSU this year. Are you excited for any teams in particular?
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
              Lions 7th round FB tore his ACL. Nick Bellore is officially converting from LB who sometimes blocks to full time FB. Position battle over.

I'm guessing this was the sentencing of the rape case where they MSU football players plead down to "seducing an unmarried woman". Which is the dumbest law ever and I think it is only used for plea deals.
              Seducing a married woman would be better somehow? That seems wrong.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

No. Just no. I'd like for the NBA to be at least marginally interesting. I badly need some sort of entertainment during the football offseason.

I'm always ready for football season. Not sure what to expect from LSU this year. Are you excited for any teams in particular?
                Honestly I kind of expect the same teams as last year to still be good. You will see Bama, Clemson, and Georgia go very far. The Buckeyes will still be around. Being a PSU fan, I'm interested in seeing what Moorehead can do at Miss. State. Speaking of PSU, I'm expecting a step back. They will still be a capable team, but losing Barkley hurts. Wisconsin will be their usual fun self, but drop like 2 games. Iowa probably won't be as fun, as they usually can't keep up this kind of pace. Their beat down of OSU was special though. Michigan...we will see. I am wondering when Harbaugh's leash begins to tighten. He's been there for a bit but that team always seems to have some offensive holes. Kirmie would know more. I really want to see what Scott Frost will do at Nebraska. Going out west, the PAC 12 north should be interesting. I guess USC could be a thing in the south?

As far as stuff to do that's not football/hockey...video games and outdoor stuff are my go-tos. Gotta have something else, seeing as how baseball and basketball just don't do it for me.
                sigpic

Comment

• Apparently Mike Singletary visited a Lions practice this week... to check out their new video board at the practice field. That sounds insane other than the fact that the Lions have it so that the coaches can see the plays from a different angle during practice, which is a novel idea.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Honestly I kind of expect the same teams as last year to still be good. You will see Bama, Clemson, and Georgia go very far. The Buckeyes will still be around. Being a PSU fan, I'm interested in seeing what Moorehead can do at Miss. State. Speaking of PSU, I'm expecting a step back. They will still be a capable team, but losing Barkley hurts. Wisconsin will be their usual fun self, but drop like 2 games. Iowa probably won't be as fun, as they usually can't keep up this kind of pace. Their beat down of OSU was special though. Michigan...we will see. I am wondering when Harbaugh's leash begins to tighten. He's been there for a bit but that team always seems to have some offensive holes. Kirmie would know more. I really want to see what Scott Frost will do at Nebraska. Going out west, the PAC 12 north should be interesting. I guess USC could be a thing in the south?

As far as stuff to do that's not football/hockey...video games and outdoor stuff are my go-tos. Gotta have something else, seeing as how baseball and basketball just don't do it for me.
                  Harbaugh still has free reign right now, but if they can't at minimum beat one of MSU or tOSU this year then 2019 could be his final year. My dad thinks they should fire him if he can't win the East this year, but he is a filthy tOSU fan and there is still a lot of Harbs love going on. I cut him some slack because of how little OL he came into and they got screwed in both a loss to MSU (fail snap for a defensive TD on a punt was the clock ran out) and tOSU (conversion on 4th down where many of my tOSU friends didn't think they made it even after replays). Mason Cole was the only real NFL level talent on the OL. The next best was 2017 undrafted free agent Kyle Kalis who is physically an NFL talent thathas so many terrible blocks that the great blocks he makes can't offset them. He also had Grant Newsome who looked good at LT in year two in 2016, but he blew out everything in his knee and and almost lost his leg. I believe he still isn't fully cleared, though was close a month ago, and was the only person Michigan had that played LT decently other than Mason Cole who should have been a C his entire career.

Michigan could be interesting this year though. Patterson is cleared at QB, C Caesar Ruiz looks like a future NFL starter, and the WRs from last year actually have some experience. If they can get somebody to be decent at LT and QB they could actually pull off winning the East.

Comment

• T.O. says he won't attend his HOF enshrinement. I'll bet he crashes it after saying that. He loves the attention too much.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hail To The Ice Redskins!!!!
                      ~

Comment

• The Lions are doing multiple days of joint practices with both the Giants and Raiders. That should be interesting.

Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                        Hail To The Ice Redskins!!!!
                        ~
                        Ovechkin has way less of an accent than I thought he did. Also glad Vegas didn't win. Wining a championship in year one is too cruel to places like Winnipeg. For you non-NHL fans, imagine the Browns if they never had the championships from before the Super Bowl era, though Winnipeg wasn't a team until 1972. Both lost their teams for a while in 1996 I think.

Comment

• It's pretty amazing. I've been watching the team since the 70s. (I guess you all knew I was an old, right?)
                          ~

Comment

Michigan could be interesting this year though. Patterson is cleared at QB, C Caesar Ruiz looks like a future NFL starter, and the WRs from last year actually have some experience. If they can get somebody to be decent at LT and QB they could actually pull off winning the East.
                            I checked out their last few recruiting classes a couple of months ago and it seems like they've brought in several high level C recruits, but I don't remember what else they got. QB should be upgraded over what they've had. I guess it's just going to be a matter of the O-line. Can they protect the QB, open holes in the ground game, and do they have a back that can pound the ball.

I'll be interested in watching Mich, Wisconsin, and MSU this year as well as my beloved Tigers. Also, I hope Texas continues to suck because **** their coach.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

The Lions are doing multiple days of joint practices with both the Giants and Raiders. That should be interesting.

Ovechkin has way less of an accent than I thought he did. Also glad Vegas didn't win. Wining a championship in year one is too cruel to places like Winnipeg. For you non-NHL fans, imagine the Browns if they never had the championships from before the Super Bowl era, though Winnipeg wasn't a team until 1972. Both lost their teams for a while in 1996 I think.
                              This is pretty much how I felt. Although, to be fair, I hear Winnipeg is a dump.

Cavs getting swept. Jerks.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• In Redskins OTA news, Alex Smith is saying all the right things and Derrius Guice is beloved by all. It's all fun and games until the regular season.
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X