Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Irving suspended 4 games. I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked!
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Anybody have some good comedies they could recommend that aren't Adam Sandler/Will Ferrell/Judd Apatow movies? Last two that I enjoyed were Jumaji 2 and Thor Ragnarok.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
        Anybody have some good comedies they could recommend that aren't Adam Sandler/Will Ferrell/Judd Apatow movies? Last two that I enjoyed were Jumaji 2 and Thor Ragnarok.
        I could name all sorts of movies if we don't have anything other than not having those 3, but I don't think you want me listing classic movies like Space Balls. Recently I thought Logan Lucky was pretty good for a movie I didn't know existed until I watched it at my parents. The Kingsman series was good too. In theaters Deadpool seems like the obvious answer if you like Ryan Reynolds at all. Guardians of the Galaxy series if you haven't seen that either. It gets a bonus for music.
        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

I could name all sorts of movies if we don't have anything other than not having those 3, but I don't think you want me listing classic movies like Space Balls. Recently I thought Logan Lucky was pretty good for a movie I didn't know existed until I watched it at my parents. The Kingsman series was good too. In theaters Deadpool seems like the obvious answer if you like Ryan Reynolds at all. Guardians of the Galaxy series if you haven't seen that either. It gets a bonus for music.
          I've seen GotG, both, and enjoyed them. Yes, it gets bonus points for the music. Watched and enjoyed both Deadpool movies as well. And, yeah, something more recent than Spaceballs and sort of family friendly or uplifting is good. I'm tired of dark or crass dudebro comedies. Going through a thing, and some uplifting of spirits would be helpful.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Anybody have some good comedies they could recommend that aren't Adam Sandler/Will Ferrell/Judd Apatow movies? Last two that I enjoyed were Jumaji 2 and Thor Ragnarok.
            I mean, you've probably seen a lot of these, but I'm gonna throw out my favorites that meet those criteria:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (best comedy of all time)
            Young Frankenstein/Blazing Saddles/Men in Tights (though Spaceballs is the quintessential Mel Brooks comedy)
            Any Cohen Brothers comedy
            South Park the movie
            All of the Shaun of the Dead guys' movies
            Groundhog Day
            Anything by Mike Judge
            The Room (for unintentional comedy gold)
            Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels/Snatch
            The Three Amigos/The Jerk/Planes Trains and Automobiles

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

I mean, you've probably seen a lot of these, but I'm gonna throw out my favorites that meet those criteria:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (best comedy of all time)
              Young Frankenstein/Blazing Saddles/Men in Tights (though Spaceballs is the quintessential Mel Brooks comedy)
              Any Cohen Brothers comedy
              South Park the movie
              All of the Shaun of the Dead guys' movies
              Groundhog Day
              Anything by Mike Judge
              The Room (for unintentional comedy gold)
              Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels/Snatch
              The Three Amigos/The Jerk/Planes Trains and Automobiles
              Raising Arizona is hilarious. That's Cohen Bros, right?
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Office Space is pretty great for a comedy. Not sure what your sense of humor is. The Big Lebowski is a great stoner flick if you're into that.
                sigpic

Comment

Raising Arizona is hilarious. That's Cohen Bros, right?
                  It is. Their funniest are The Big Lebowski and O Brother Where Art Thou, but Fargo, Burn After Reading, and The Ladykillers are all really funny too.

Hope you feel better bruh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

It is. Their funniest are The Big Lebowski and O Brother Where Art Thou, but Fargo, Burn After Reading, and The Ladykillers are all really funny too.

Hope you feel better bruh.
                    Many thanks, Daniel.

I'm partial to Arizona. Don't know why, other than I knew people like that I guess. One of Cage's very few good movies, too.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• If you haven't heard of this movie, Tucker and Dale vs Evil is great.
                      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                        If you haven't heard of this movie, Tucker and Dale vs Evil is great.
                        I can confirm this.
                        sigpic

Comment

• The suggestions are much appreciated guys.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I rewatched the Lord of the Rings trilogy this week. I forgot how much fun Return of the King was.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                              I rewatched the Lord of the Rings trilogy this week. I forgot how much fun Return of the King was.
                              Yep. My 2nd fave movie of the whole deal. I liked The Hobbit best.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Trying to put together my ideal offensive line:

LT Taylor Lewan

LG Andrew Norwell (this was my toughest position, as Norwell and Osemele are the only two guys I could think of that aren't rookies. Any other suggestions?)

C Travis Frederick (if age wasn't a concern for me, this pick would be Alex Mack)

RG Kevin Zeitler

RT Jack Conklin (Lane Johnson was the other option here, but I feel Conklin has more nasty to his game)

Ok, so what y'all got?
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X