2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
    Just realized Joel Bitonio would have been another option at LG.
    Guards are easy to forget. Largely because they aren't flashy, but unlike quality tackles, they're also pretty easy to find.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Guards are easy to forget. Largely because they aren't flashy, but unlike quality tackles, they're also pretty easy to find.
      Seems most of the best guards are RG though. Harder to think of guys playing LG. For me, anyway.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I feel like to really enjoy baseball you have to know the whole organization, especially the farm system. No way am I watching soccer.
        The Pirates had a minor league team called the Altoona Curve that was routinely good for awhile and was somewhat close to where I grew up. We used to joke that the Curve was more profitable and thus stashed with the talent, and that they could have probably beat the Pirates. Man, the Pirates were bad. I guess they don't suck as much now? I don't follow them enough.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

The Pirates had a minor league team called the Altoona Curve that was routinely good for awhile and was somewhat close to where I grew up. We used to joke that the Curve was more profitable and thus stashed with the talent, and that they could have probably beat the Pirates. Man, the Pirates were bad. I guess they don't suck as much now? I don't follow them enough.
          All I know for sure is the owner is cheap and they dumped a lot of talent. I think they could have made a run a few years ago if the team had opened up the checkbook. Seems like the city is doomed to have to be content with the Steelers and Pens being relevant. Which I suppose is better than a lot of cities, but still.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Laken Tomlinson signs extension with 49ers. Loked this kid a lot. Hopefully his pro career will get on track in San Fran.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I didn't know the Jets signed Henry Anderson. He's a good player.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• James Conner is apparently looking strong. Samuels has been getting a lot of opportunities as a receiving RB as well. Both guys may be important down the road, as it's beginning to be less likely that Bell resigns. He wants more guaranteed money than the Steelers are comfortable giving.
                sigpic

Comment

James Conner is apparently looking strong. Samuels has been getting a lot of opportunities as a receiving RB as well. Both guys may be important down the road, as it's beginning to be less likely that Bell resigns. He wants more guaranteed money than the Steelers are comfortable giving.
                  I keep hearing there is only a 15% chance Bell signs long term. But, the team should be fine imo. Conner is a good power back, and Samuels is a fun multi-tool, and for whatever reason I equate him doing so many things for NC State with him being a team first guy instead of somebody that'll be recording raps dissing the fans for not loving him and complaining about his contract.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I keep hearing there is only a 15% chance Bell signs long term. But, the team should be fine imo. Conner is a good power back, and Samuels is a fun multi-tool, and for whatever reason I equate him doing so many things for NC State with him being a team first guy instead of somebody that'll be recording raps dissing the fans for not loving him and complaining about his contract.
                    Yeah Bell isn't nearly the worry that the defense is. Fans that want him resigned think he'll be bullet proof until the age of 35. Ignoring that too many big contracts on a team is not great.

Meanwhile on defense they are touting Matekevich as a starting LB. And paying the same lip service to man coverage and rotating the DL. As we already know, this team will run the same coverage as always with Heyward and Tuitt playing 90% of the snaps. This defense needs a breath of fresh air more than anything.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah Bell isn't nearly the worry that the defense is. Fans that want him resigned think he'll be bullet proof until the age of 35. Ignoring that too many big contracts on a team is not great.

Meanwhile on defense they are touting Matekevich as a starting LB. And paying the same lip service to man coverage and rotating the DL. As we already know, this team will run the same coverage as always with Heyward and Tuitt playing 90% of the snaps. This defense needs a breath of fresh air more than anything.
                      Yep. Defense will stay the same as long as Tomlin is there unless Rooney dictates otherwise. And those fans that want to lock up Bell should ask themselves how many times he's played all 16. Just run him into the dirt and let him leave next year.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Yep. Defense will stay the same as long as Tomlin is there unless Rooney dictates otherwise. And those fans that want to lock up Bell should ask themselves how many times he's played all 16. Just run him into the dirt and let him leave next year.
                        I'm hoping, that if this is a bad year for the defense, that Butler will be gone. The Steelers got lucky running into all those backup QBs, and still got grilled by Brett Hundley. If your defense hinges on one super fast athlete, then it's probably not a good scheme.
                        ​​​​​​
                        sigpic

Comment

Agreed. RBs are a dime a dozen. Bell is an elite one for sure, but that's too much money to spend on one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Agreed. RBs are a dime a dozen. Bell is an elite one for sure, but that's too much money to spend on one.
                            I believe they offered him 14 mil a year and he turned it down. Says he wants to be paid like the #1 RB plus a #2 WR. If I'm not mistaken, his number is around 17 mil a year. Y'all know I love me some RBs, but at that number LB can GTFO.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I believe they offered him 14 mil a year and he turned it down. Says he wants to be paid like the #1 RB plus a #2 WR. If I'm not mistaken, his number is around 17 mil a year. Y'all know I love me some RBs, but at that number LB can GTFO.
                              Apparently he'll accept 14.5. But it's the guarantees that he wants. Which is the big problem with paying an RB with a zillion touches.
                              sigpic

Comment

Apparently he'll accept 14.5. But it's the guarantees that he wants. Which is the big problem with paying an RB with a zillion touches.
                                I'll accept 14.5 as well.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X