Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee has been a mess since Fulmer left, and even then they seemed soft. But they do usually get their share of good players. It's weird. I expect Auburn to under perform with their decision to make Stidham the focus of the offense. I expect LSU to be pretty good, but not ready to challenge Bama yet. At least we should have a halfway decent QB this year, so that's different.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Well, I can't root for the Lakers anymore. Dammit.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
        Well, I can't root for the Lakers anymore. Dammit.
        No surprise. He wanted to "enhance his brand" or whatever.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

No surprise. He wanted to "enhance his brand" or whatever.
          I'm not sure it could get more "enhanced". It's not like it's the 8os where you have to be in NY, Chicago, or LA to get big endorsement deals or Hollywood opportunities if you're a superstar. I think it was a dumb move for the Lakers, too. They should have kept building slowly, mostly around their young talent, and if they could bring in a good player like Clint Cappela then do that. Continue to improve step by step for long term success. ****, now I'm gonna have to root for the Celtics or Philly or somebody.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I'm not sure it could get more "enhanced". It's not like it's the 8os where you have to be in NY, Chicago, or LA to get big endorsement deals or Hollywood opportunities if you're a superstar. I think it was a dumb move for the Lakers, too. They should have kept building slowly, mostly around their young talent, and if they could bring in a good player like Clint Cappela then do that. Continue to improve step by step for long term success. ****, now I'm gonna have to root for the Celtics or Philly or somebody.
            I guess it's easier to connect with people when more of them are around. As far as team building goes, you almost can't do it slowly anymore. Your best guys will be poached with hundred-million dollar contracts before you can get started. Nowadays it's "spend more, build your all star team faster". It's lame, but that's where we are.
            sigpic

Comment

I guess it's easier to connect with people when more of them are around. As far as team building goes, you almost can't do it slowly anymore. Your best guys will be poached with hundred-million dollar contracts before you can get started. Nowadays it's "spend more, build your all star team faster". It's lame, but that's where we are.
              Yeah, but nobody poaches from the Lakers. If they wanna keep a guy, they keep him. And I just meant wait a year, or two at the most, before going out and making the big signing or two. Hell, they could pick up Kawhi next offseason no problem. It feels more like a glamour signing than sound team building. Of course, it is LA. So glitz is a priority. Ugh.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• It's looking like Kam Chancellor will never play again.
                sigpic

Comment

It's looking like Kam Chancellor will never play again.
                  What happened?
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

What happened?
                    Bad neck injury last year that he's not fully recovering from. He can't get cleared. He said though he's not formally retiring, this is probably the end of the line.
                    sigpic

Comment

Bad neck injury last year that he's not fully recovering from. He can't get cleared. He said though he's not formally retiring, this is probably the end of the line.
                      Get out before you get carried out, man. Best of luck to him. Time to get on with his life's work.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Damn, that sucks to hear about Chancellor. He really laid out some hits.

Comment

• Demarcus Cousins to the Warriors. NBA sucks.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Demarcus Cousins to the Warriors. NBA sucks.
                            I feel that we said the same last year. And the year prior.
                            sigpic

Comment

I feel that we said the same last year. And the year prior.
                              And we were right!
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

And we were right!
                                If I have to watch basketball, it's college. And even then, I'm not crazy about it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X