This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

If I have to watch basketball, it's college. And even then, I'm not crazy about it.
    I'll watch the non-contending teams in the playoffs. There are some entertaining games/series, and I can try to imagine what it would take to build them into a better team. But we all know the Warriors are going to coast to another title, which makes the NBA mostly meaningless unless you're a GS fan.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Holy crap. Both Anthony Davis and Giannis are going to be free agents in 2021. If LA could have just signed Clint Capella and Avery Bradley this year, they'd have a chance at the playoffs and it would give their young core time to develop into stars. Hold your water and then sign one of those two megastars in 2021. Just continue to grow and draft/develop/sign role players between now and then. But nooooo. LA has to be about attention whores and big names. Hell, if that's too long to wait, Karl ANthony Townes is a FA in 2020. Idiots.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
        Holy crap. Both Anthony Davis and Giannis are going to be free agents in 2021. If LA could have just signed Clint Capella and Avery Bradley this year, they'd have a chance at the playoffs and it would give their young core time to develop into stars. Hold your water and then sign one of those two megastars in 2021. Just continue to grow and draft/develop/sign role players between now and then. But nooooo. LA has to be about attention whores and big names. Hell, if that's too long to wait, Karl ANthony Townes is a FA in 2020. Idiots.
        Here's something you will be pleased to hear: James Conner. Is. Jacked.

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/0...workout-video/
        sigpic

Comment

Here's something you will be pleased to hear: James Conner. Is. Jacked.

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/0...workout-video/
          I like that kid. Hope he doesn't drop so much weight that he's no longer a power back, though.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I like that kid. Hope he doesn't drop so much weight that he's no longer a power back, though.
            He was 230. He may be around 220 or so now. The days of the 240 lb grinder are gone. I'd love to see a Brandon Jacobs mk. 2 though.
            sigpic

Comment

He was 230. He may be around 220 or so now. The days of the 240 lb grinder are gone. I'd love to see a Brandon Jacobs mk. 2 though.
              With the Steelers maybe. But, if a guy has the build and can run there's no reason to make him cut weight unless the coach is just a dope. Just let the guys play at a fit but "natural" body weight. Unless they'er linemen. Then pack on the pounds!
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

With the Steelers maybe. But, if a guy has the build and can run there's no reason to make him cut weight unless the coach is just a dope. Just let the guys play at a fit but "natural" body weight. Unless they'er linemen. Then pack on the pounds!
                The key is to remain powerful, but not too heavy to where it actively slows a guy down. Otherwise you just end up with Ron Dayne.
                sigpic

Comment

The key is to remain powerful, but not too heavy to where it actively slows a guy down. Otherwise you just end up with Ron Dayne.
                  I think Dayne's problem was that he didn't wanna be a bull, he wanted to dance around. Also, he was a fatty.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I think Dayne's problem was that he didn't wanna be a bull, he wanted to dance around. Also, he was a fatty.
                    I can't picture Dayne dancing around. It's been awhile since he's been in the league. When I think of big backs that would rather dance, Najeh Davenport comes to mind. When we are talking fat backs, gotta mention Eddie Lacy. What could have been. Dude was a monster at Bama.
                    sigpic

Comment

I can't picture Dayne dancing around. It's been awhile since he's been in the league. When I think of big backs that would rather dance, Najeh Davenport comes to mind. When we are talking fat backs, gotta mention Eddie Lacy. What could have been. Dude was a monster at Bama.
                      Hahaha. Feast Mode!
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Hahaha. Feast Mode!
                        Yep! Oh, can't forget Lendale "the whale" White either! So many of these fatbacks (needs to be an official position) were so good in college.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yep! Oh, can't forget Lendale "the whale" White either! So many of these fatbacks (needs to be an official position) were so good in college.
                          White just didn't care apparently. Just another guy that played football because he was good at.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

He was 230. He may be around 220 or so now. The days of the 240 lb grinder are gone.
                            Derrick Henry says hi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Derrick Henry says hi.
                              I completely forgot about him.
                              sigpic

Comment

• 6-10 seems like a reasonable expectation for Jacksonville; I expect them to be more middle of the pack this year than that, but I see it. That defense is tough, but Campbell won't be young forever, and they won't stay as injury free next season. They also probably won't have four easy games in the division anymore; at least one game vs the Colts and Texans will feature a healthy starting QB.

Plus, one injury to Leonard Fournette and they suddenly have no offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X