No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Dodd does not report for the Titans.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
      Kevin Dodd does not report for the Titans.
      Local media is treating it as a foregone conclusion that he's going to be cut. Missing everything so far has killed any trade value he may have had, so he'll just have to be cut.
      Too bad, I didn't like him as a draft pick, but I thought they'd get something out of him at least. Huuuuge bust.

Also means that two of Aaron Wallace, Josh Carraway, Gimel President, or Sharif Finch make the roster. My money would be on Wallace and Finch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Local media is treating it as a foregone conclusion that he's going to be cut. Missing everything so far has killed any trade value he may have had, so he'll just have to be cut.
        Too bad, I didn't like him as a draft pick, but I thought they'd get something out of him at least. Huuuuge bust.

Also means that two of Aaron Wallace, Josh Carraway, Gimel President, or Sharif Finch make the roster. My money would be on Wallace and Finch.
        Neither of those Clemson ends worked out did they?
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Neither of those Clemson ends worked out did they?
          In theory, Lawson could still do something. Dodd looks like a huge bust though. Hopefully the Clemson DTs coming out next year avoid this fate.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

In theory, Lawson could still do something. Dodd looks like a huge bust though. Hopefully the Clemson DTs coming out next year avoid this fate.
            Has Lawson done much more than Dodd to this point though?

While I do have hope for the two DTs, this is a trend with Clemson players. They are pretty well known for it in fact.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

While I do have hope for the two DTs, this is a trend with Clemson players. They are pretty well known for it in fact.
              May be scheme related. If Clemson runs really simple schemes (like Baylor used to) then their players could be behind the curve a bit.
              sigpic

Comment

May be scheme related. If Clemson runs really simple schemes (like Baylor used to) then their players could be behind the curve a bit.
                Could also be they're just soft like Texas players used to be. I'm gonna go with that one.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I actually looked up Lawson to see what he'd done. Yeah, it's a lot more than Dodd. Dodd has 1 sack and 12 career tackles. And that's in 18 games with only Orakpo and Morgan in front of him.

Lawson has 6 sacks, 3 defended passes, 2 forces fumbles, and 46 career tackles, in 21 games. Lawson is a disappointment, but Dodd is a bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

I actually looked up Lawson to see what he'd done. Yeah, it's a lot more than Dodd. Dodd has 1 sack and 12 career tackles. And that's in 18 games with only Orakpo and Morgan in front of him.

Lawson has 6 sacks, 3 defended passes, 2 forces fumbles, and 46 career tackles, in 21 games. Lawson is a disappointment, but Dodd is a bust.
                    Let's just agree they both suck.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I figure its only year 3 for Lawson. May be make or break for him though.
                      sigpic

Comment

I figure its only year 3 for Lawson. May be make or break for him though.
                        Were they not drafted the same year?
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Were they not drafted the same year?
                          Yeah. Dodd seems like a special level of suck though. As a rule, I like to give guys 3 years, unless they are spectacularly bad.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah. Dodd seems like a special level of suck though. As a rule, I like to give guys 3 years, unless they are spectacularly bad.
                            But, Dodd had to play, or not in this case, for Lebeau who hates young players.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

But, Dodd had to play, or not in this case, for Lebeau who hates young players.
                              Ehhh, true, but even with Lebeau he would have seen the field by now. He hasn't exactly had all world beaters in front of him either.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ehhh, true, but even with Lebeau he would have seen the field by now. He hasn't exactly had all world beaters in front of him either.
                                I'm just saying there are circumstances, and I don't think Lawson has been noticeably better. Plus I'm still deeply annoyed with Lebeau.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X