2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I'm just saying there are circumstances, and I don't think Lawson has been noticeably better. Plus I'm still deeply annoyed with Lebeau.
    The game passed him by, for sure. I want to see if the Steelers can adjust their scheme to better fit their talent. If not, Butler needs to go, too. A 2-4-5 makes no sense if you are weak at LB.
    sigpic

Comment

Were they not drafted the same year?
      Yeah, but Dodd is doing the double whammy of both sucking and making no effort. Or even showing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel View Post

yeah, but dodd is doing the double whammy of both sucking and making no effort. Or even showing up.
        lawson sucks too, dammit!
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Lacking a better candidate coming to mind, I nominate Dirk Koeter to be the first HC fired this season. His GM hasn't done him any favors prior to this offseason imo, but people have been waiting on the Bucs to put it together for a few years now and not having his starting QB for the first 3 games is gonna put this team behind the 8 ball. Anybody else got some nominees?
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Lacking a better candidate coming to mind, I nominate Dirk Koeter to be the first HC fired this season. His GM hasn't done him any favors prior to this offseason imo, but people have been waiting on the Bucs to put it together for a few years now and not having his starting QB for the first 3 games is gonna put this team behind the 8 ball. Anybody else got some nominees?
            That's my choice, too. He wasn't even a good choice to begin with. Other than that, I could see one of the AFC East coaches that are not BB get fired, though they really shouldn't. Those teams are all rebuilding. Wasn't Vance Joseph on the hot seat in Denver? I feel that there are a lot of new coaches, so I don't think too many get canned, barring a good team having a horrid collapse.
            sigpic

Comment

• Joe Thomas has already lost 50lbs.
              sigpic

Comment

lawson sucks too, dammit!
                They both suck.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                Lacking a better candidate coming to mind, I nominate Dirk Koeter to be the first HC fired this season. His GM hasn't done him any favors prior to this offseason imo, but people have been waiting on the Bucs to put it together for a few years now and not having his starting QB for the first 3 games is gonna put this team behind the 8 ball. Anybody else got some nominees?
                He's a good choice, but just to spread it out a bit, both Hue and Marvin in the AFCN. Either gets to a really slow start (which could happen based on opponents), they could be gone, and Bengals start with a rematch of the Colts from literally the week before, at Indy, then the Ravens, then the Panthers, Falcons, Dolphins, and Steelers, and Chiefs. If they lose more than one game in the first three, they could start 1-6, which I imagine would be good for a firin'

Then the Browns might be even worse. They start with the Steelers, Saints, Jets, Raiders, Ravens, and Chargers. If they don't beat the Jets, they'll be in serious trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

That's my choice, too. He wasn't even a good choice to begin with. Other than that, I could see one of the AFC East coaches that are not BB get fired, though they really shouldn't. Those teams are all rebuilding. Wasn't Vance Joseph on the hot seat in Denver? I feel that there are a lot of new coaches, so I don't think too many get canned, barring a good team having a horrid collapse.
                  I could see Elway getting fed up with Joseph and kneejerking him outta town. Bowles shouldn't have a HC job imo, but I'd be surprised if he got fired. I do think the Dolphins will suck massively this year, but isn't it only Gase's 2nd season?
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

They both suck.

He's a good choice, but just to spread it out a bit, both Hue and Marvin in the AFCN. Either gets to a really slow start (which could happen based on opponents), they could be gone, and Bengals start with a rematch of the Colts from literally the week before, at Indy, then the Ravens, then the Panthers, Falcons, Dolphins, and Steelers, and Chiefs. If they lose more than one game in the first three, they could start 1-6, which I imagine would be good for a firin'

Then the Browns might be even worse. They start with the Steelers, Saints, Jets, Raiders, Ravens, and Chargers. If they don't beat the Jets, they'll be in serious trouble.
                    Neither of them should still have jobs. But, Mike Brown is painfully cheap and paying somebody to sit at home seems to rankle him no end. I believe he'd rather have Lewis suck and show up for work then move on and pay him to stay home. I realize trying to apply logic to the Browns is a pointless undertaking, but why the hell would they bring Hue back if there was a chance they'd fire him during the season? Why not just have a fresh start from the jump? It's not like a 1-31 record suggests good things are on the way. Then again, Browns.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Gurley got paid.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Todd Gurley 4 yrs $60 mil.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Kevin Dodd waived.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Todd Gurley 4 yrs $60 mil.
                            I will be curious to see what Bell gets in comparison. Gurley is much younger.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I will be curious to see what Bell gets in comparison. Gurley is much younger.
                              With fewer suspensions, too. And fewer rap albums complaining about fans, and fewer holdouts.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Khalil Mack holding out.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X