No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll have to see it. I still haven't seen Slapshot.
    sigpic

Comment

• Been off for while with a knee issue. I'm glad you guys keep this chat alive.

Thanks!
      ~

Comment

• Ross C.ockrell breaks his leg. Tough luck for him.

Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
        Been off for while with a knee issue. I'm glad you guys keep this chat alive.

Thanks!
        ~
        Good to hear from ya. What's the knee issue?
        Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 07-30-2018, 04:43 PM. Reason: Poor bastard still gets his name censored, too.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
          I'll have to see it. I still haven't seen Slapshot.
          Has some great lines in i, one of my faves being "If I want any lip from you, I'll rattle my zipper." Also, the character of Ross "the Boss" Rhea has one of the coolest mustache/mullet combos in recent movie history.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Good news, Bob McGinn's website will be back this season. Probably the best football writer I've ever read. He seems to rely on honest opinion and analysis rather than leaning on tired, cliched, and obvious "narratives".
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Also, if I haven't mentioned it enough, on paper Wisconsin should have the best college O-line I've seen in 5-10 years. It looks that good.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Ross C.ockrell breaks his leg. Tough luck for him.

Good to hear from ya. What's the knee issue?
                Fell on it a number of years ago, last year re-aggravated it. Now it swells up like a balloon every once in a while. I'm supposed to get to get together with an orthopedist, but I still need to pick one and arrange it (and make sure it's covered).
                ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Fell on it a number of years ago, last year re-aggravated it. Now it swells up like a balloon every once in a while. I'm supposed to get to get together with an orthopedist, but I still need to pick one and arrange it (and make sure it's covered).
                  ~
                  That sounds painful. Sorry dude.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Big takeaway being with the Lions this morning: That offensive line is gonna be a ***** to deal with, if the guys stay healthy. Big and physical and tough.
                    From Abert Breer on Twitter. I assume that getting an SI reporter to curse on Twitter about how good something on your team is is a good thing.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

From Abert Breer on Twitter. I assume that getting an SI reporter to curse on Twitter about how good something on your team is is a good thing.
                      How does Kerryon Johnson look?
                      sigpic

Comment

How does Kerryon Johnson look?
                        Haven't heard anything bad, but there isn't much that you can get from RBs until pads went on. Heard of at least one good play since then, but can't really say anything for certain yet.
                        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Haven't heard anything bad, but there isn't much that you can get from RBs until pads went on. Heard of at least one good play since then, but can't really say anything for certain yet.
                          If the line is good and Johnson is at least capable, the Lions could actually have a running game.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I liked Kerryon Johnson more than any RB in this last class other than Saquon. If the Lions OL is really that beefy, he should be great.

A great OL will do most of a running back's work for him.

Comment

Seems like the Lions have had some good talent on the O-line, on and off, for a few years now. I think it's going to be a matter of whether or not the new coach is willing to go away from the chuck it 50 + times a game strategy. They keep that up and they could have the 90s Dallas line and it won't matter. Who is there new coach anyways?
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Seems like the Lions have had some good talent on the O-line, on and off, for a few years now. I think it's going to be a matter of whether or not the new coach is willing to go away from the chuck it 50 + times a game strategy. They keep that up and they could have the 90s Dallas line and it won't matter. Who is there new coach anyways?
                                Matt Patricia. Don't remember the OC. I think they chucked it around so much because they didn't have a running game, thanks to injured/mediocre lineman and RBs.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X