2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Matt Patricia. Don't remember the OC. I think they chucked it around so much because they didn't have a running game, thanks to injured/mediocre lineman and RBs.
    I'd disagree on the assessment of their previous O-line talent. Imo, it's more of a case of coaches falling in love with Stafford's arm.

Btw, did you see the Bears are trying to keep a clause in Roquan Smith's contract that he has to repay all guaranteed money if he gets suspended? With the way the new helmet rule is, there is no way I'd agree to that and I usually side with the team over the player. That's just an unreasonable demand on the Bear's part.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I'd disagree on the assessment of their previous O-line talent. Imo, it's more of a case of coaches falling in love with Stafford's arm.

Btw, did you see the Bears are trying to keep a clause in Roquan Smith's contract that he has to repay all guaranteed money if he gets suspended? With the way the new helmet rule is, there is no way I'd agree to that and I usually side with the team over the player. That's just an unreasonable demand on the Bear's part.
      Yeah, that's unreasonable. Especially since Smith has no prior character issues or anything. Maybe it's because I'm a huge Smith fan, but the Bears need to get this guy signed and have their best LB since the Briggs/Urlacher combo. Dude's gonna be a stud. Yeah, probably over-hyping him a bit. Guaranteed money is the next big contract issue for a lot of teams. This next CBA is going to be a mess. The NFLPA has already sent the message to the players to prepare for a stoppage now.

Did Darnold get signed? I thought that I heard that the deal was almost done.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's unreasonable. Especially since Smith has no prior character issues or anything. Maybe it's because I'm a huge Smith fan, but the Bears need to get this guy signed and have their best LB since the Briggs/Urlacher combo. Dude's gonna be a stud. Yeah, probably over-hyping him a bit. Guaranteed money is the next big contract issue for a lot of teams. This next CBA is going to be a mess. The NFLPA has already sent the message to the players to prepare for a stoppage now.

Agreed. That's a stupid provision, especially since that's something that could easily happen by accident.

I saw that he was signed. Is Roquan Smith the last signee, or is someone else still holding out?

Comment

Yeah, it would make sense if it was Arden Key they were negotiating with, but Smith has no off-field stuff that I know about and I really feel it's in relation to the new helmet rule and the Bears being cheap. Just massive amounts of bs on their part. It seems you're higher on Smith than I am, but I do feel he can be quite good. Also, Darnold is signed and in camp. Smith is the last guy not to sign I believe.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Yeah, it would make sense if it was Arden Key they were negotiating with, but Smith has no off-field stuff that I know about and I really feel it's in relation to the new helmet rule and the Bears being cheap. Just massive amounts of bs on their part. It seems you're higher on Smith than I am, but I do feel he can be quite good. Also, Darnold is signed and in camp. Smith is the last guy not to sign I believe.
            He was my second favorite prospect behind Barkley. I was really impressed with him at Georgia.
            sigpic

Comment

He was my second favorite prospect behind Barkley. I was really impressed with him at Georgia.
              With some work I could see him being Lavonte David. Really good player. I happened to like Reuben Foster a lot better the year before. Then his off-field stuff happened.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• The Panthers are getting mauled by early training camp injuries.
                ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                  The Panthers are getting mauled by early training camp injuries.
                  ~
                  Who is it now?
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Jake Ryan to miss season for Packers with torn ACL.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• James Conner is looking good. Samuels is getting lots of looks as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

James Conner is looking good. Samuels is getting lots of looks as well.
                        Where has Samuels been lining up?
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Jack Mewhort retires.

Jordan Matthews released.

Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Where has Samuels been lining up?
                            RB. I think they want him to establish himself there first before moving him around like they do with Bell.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Holy ****, Urban Meyer is placed on leave while OSU looks into wether or not he knew of his old assistant's domestic abuse.
                              sigpic

Comment

Holy ****, Urban Meyer is placed on leave while OSU looks into wether or not he knew of his old assistant's domestic abuse.
                                And now we have this year's second story involving an Ohio State coach claiming not to have known about abuse perpetrated by another coach he worked with.

Comment

Working...
                                X