2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I was wondering if he'd be a threat to Rosie Nix at FB. Nix is a good blocker and great special teams player, but if Samuels can do that as well as run and catch, Nix wouldn't have a spot.

Mike Hilton is getting some looks at FS. That could mean one of two things: either they aren't sure of Davis in that role, or they are very sure of Cam Sutton at CB. Hilton is small but an extremely solid player.

Ruldoph hasn't had a good first week of camp but I guess we will see how he improves. Could just be trying to force the issue and do too much. Edmunds is looking good, filling in for Burnett who has some sort of injury. Hopefully nothing nagging. ILBs have been getting rotated around. VW has his spot at Buck, but they have been rotating Bostic, Matekevich, and UDFA Darnell Leslie in the mack role. Colbert already discussed the possibility of adding to the position through camp cuts and trades so that gives you an idea of how bad things are there. Should have let clubbin' rappin' Bell walk and spent that money on an ILB, especially with a deep RB draft class, but here we are.
    I get the feeling that Rosie is a Tomlin favorite, so he ain't going anywhere. If it were me, I'd keep Rosie this year while I had Samuels get up to that 235-245 range and teach him proper blocking technique. His hand placement was not so great in college.

Hilton was good last year as the nickel, so of course let's see if we can't screw that up! Coaches seem to do that a lot, and it drives me nuts. I've particularly noticed that in Dallas. If Pitt wasn't happy with their ILBs, they coulda drafted Shaq Griffin or signed Anthony Hitchens. But nope. And now, instead of investing in the defense, they're gonna pay Bell 14.5 this year. Who, by the way, is probably giving some single mother herpes as we speak.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Keryon Johnson love has gone up. Looking good now and getting a lot of passing situation reps.
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Cyprien tears ACL.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• If the reports are true, Aaron Donald's agent is looking for $25 mil per. That would put me firmly back on the Rams side, especially if their reported offer of 21 per were to be true.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I get the feeling that Rosie is a Tomlin favorite, so he ain't going anywhere. If it were me, I'd keep Rosie this year while I had Samuels get up to that 235-245 range and teach him proper blocking technique. His hand placement was not so great in college.

Hilton was good last year as the nickel, so of course let's see if we can't screw that up! Coaches seem to do that a lot, and it drives me nuts. I've particularly noticed that in Dallas. If Pitt wasn't happy with their ILBs, they coulda drafted Shaq Griffin or signed Anthony Hitchens. But nope. And now, instead of investing in the defense, they're gonna pay Bell 14.5 this year. Who, by the way, is probably giving some single mother herpes as we speak.
            Yeah, it wasn't the greatest offseason. They weren't aggressive enough. Off-ball LBs are in high demand now.
            ​​​​​They will likely be fine, but not winning any significant championships.
            sigpic

Comment

If the reports are true, Aaron Donald's agent is looking for $25 mil per. That would put me firmly back on the Rams side, especially if their reported offer of 21 per were to be true.
              No surprise. Probably like 5 years, 125 million, with bunches of guarantees.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it wasn't the greatest offseason. They weren't aggressive enough. Off-ball LBs are in high demand now.
                ​​​​​They will likely be fine, but not winning any significant championships.
                While I don't expect them to win 7, if the Iggles can take home a Lombardi anything can happen.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Cyprien tears ACL.
                  Vacarro is already scheduled for a visit, and they're rumored to be talking to Reid too.

Comment

• OMFG. Did they change the god damn catch rule again???
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Why the hell did Dungy suddenly show up in the booth part way through the game?
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I gotta say I wasn't impressed by Lamar Jackson. He's rawer than I thought.
                        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Jackson was as bad as expected, though you wouldn't know it by listening to the broadcast. RG3 was pretty solid, though.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Jackson was as bad as expected, though you wouldn't know it by listening to the broadcast. RG3 was pretty solid, though.
                            Everyone will be impressed by his running, but we will have to see how he develops as a passer.
                            sigpic

Comment

Everyone will be impressed by his running, but we will have to see how he develops as a passer.
                              I'm betting he won't develop. To me, he's just another guy that can't count to potato that has gotten by on being more athletic than expected for a "QB", but he's certainly no Vick in that regard. I suspect if you were to compare him to WRs, DBs, or RBs he'd be fairly unremarkable physically.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I'm betting he won't develop. To me, he's just another guy that can't count to potato that has gotten by on being more athletic than expected for a "QB", but he's certainly no Vick in that regard. I suspect if you were to compare him to WRs, DBs, or RBs he'd be fairly unremarkable physically.
                                Yeah, I flipped through some "highlights". It wasn't great. But we will see.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X