2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
    Let's be honest, we're all just hoping for no serious injuries.
    Yeah, injuries during this time of the year are frustrating. Seasons can get derailed if the wrong player goes down.
    sigpic

Comment

• Also, I didn't know that Soldier Field managed to lose it's landmark status back in 2006 thanks to some awful renovations. The Bears can't do anything right.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• In other **** up news, this still makes me laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9jN4fu3Q-k
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Also, I didn't know that Soldier Field managed to lose it's landmark status back in 2006 thanks to some awful renovations. The Bears can't do anything right.
          I remember when they had to play a year at the Illinios stadium. I guess their renovations weren't worth it.

​​​​​​Watched E.T. for the first time in years the other day. It was as charming as an 80s movie should be. Now I'm watching Austin Powers again. Gotta have the silly cheap laughs every now and then.
          sigpic

Comment

• Oh ffs. First epi of Hard Knocks and Haley already dropped a "We can't live in our fears."
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Preseason football!
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Oh ffs. First epi of Hard Knocks and Haley already dropped a "We can't live in our fears."
                The standard is the standard. Can't make the club from the tub. That's junior varsity.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

The standard is the standard. Can't make the club from the tub. That's junior varsity.
                  Defend every blade of grass. Below the line. Unleash hell. Obviously.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I'll get to watch Skins-Patriots here. With Payne out, I'm sure Tim Settle will see plenty of time. Looking forward to that plus other rookies fighting for a job.
                    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                      I'll get to watch Skins-Patriots here. With Payne out, I'm sure Tim Settle will see plenty of time. Looking forward to that plus other rookies fighting for a job.
                      ~
                      Isn't Settle heavy up top with stick legs? I don't think I like him.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I'm actually really excited for the first preseason game the Titans have. Should be interesting to see how the Titans' DBs fare against Adams, Cobb, Graham, and Rodgers for a couple of series.

Comment

Isn't Settle heavy up top with stick legs? I don't think I like him.
                          No, I wouldn't say that. His issues are excess weight around the middle, and keeping his pads low and forward. Rich Tandler has watched all the practices, so here's his opinion:

I've been asked about rookie nose tackle Tim Settle a few times and I'm still trying to form an opinion. He is crazy athletic, and he has his moments. Sometimes he leans back in his stance and he can't use his 330 pounds to disrupt the middle. During goal-line work on Sunday, the offense was at the three. Jay Gruden yelled, "This one's coming right at you, Settle! Right over you!" Indeed the play went there, and the runner got into the end zone. In short; he's a rookie with a lot to learn.
                          His issues are excess weight around the middle, and keeping his pads low and forward. IF Jim Tomsula can coach him up, he'll be a huge steal for us.
                          ~
                          Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 08-09-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• JFKeerist pasting a quote in here is a pain. Every single quote, apostrophe, etc. has to be typed in by hand or it's not recognized and the comment is cut off.
                            ~

Comment

JFKeerist pasting a quote in here is a pain. Every single quote, apostrophe, etc. has to be typed in by hand or it's not recognized and the comment is cut off.
                              ~
                              Linking, pasting, doing anything on this board can be a pain. Even just posting on mobile has always been super laggy for me.
                              sigpic

Comment

No, I wouldn't say that. His issues are excess weight around the middle, and keeping his pads low and forward. Rich Tandler has watched all the practices, so here's his opinion:

His issues are excess weight around the middle, and keeping his pads low and forward. IF Jim Tomsula can coach him up, he'll be a huge steal for us.
                                ~
                                Honestly, I think I'm just parroting Dane Brugler and Bryan Broaddus. But, despite that I'm gonna stick with that opinion until proven wrong, and then pretend that I never thought it.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X