2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

"Guice is standing and talking to other players after having his left leg examined for several minutes. No announcement about his status but looks to be OK." - Rich Tandler
    ~
    I thought they were holding him out of the game?
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I thought they were holding him out of the game?
      I guess not.

P.S. And now Matt Ioannidis is down with what looks like a messed up left knee. Limps off.
      ~

Comment

I guess not.

P.S. And now Matt Ionnaidis is down with what looks like a messed up left knee. Limps off.
        ~
        So basically you're telling me that if there is a player on the Redskins that I like, they've probably been injured in this game?
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

So basically you're telling me that if there is a player on the Redskins that I like, they've probably been injured in this game?
          "Matt Ioannidis being evaluated for a knee injury, per Redskins"

"Matt Ioannidis emerges from the trainers tent. Walks to the bench and sits down. Not going to the locker room is as best a sign as you can get in this situation I suppose."

- Chad Ryan for both quotes
          ~

Comment

• At least this game has established the fact that Kevin Hogan isn't fit to be a backup backup QB. Holy stench, Batman!
            ~

Comment

• I just now realized the 49ers don't have a RB.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I just now realized the 49ers don't have a RB.
                Matt Breida was the guy they wanted to go with I think? I don't remember if they drafted anyone. They don't have much in the way of receivers either.

Steelers had a good game one. Only important guy that didn't look good was Matekevich, who just doesn't seem athletic enough to do the job. Conner is going to be good. He's been having a strong camp, cleaned up his pass pro, and is in outstanding shape. So if Bell starts slow they should be fine. We will know more as the starters get more action. I'm keeping my expectations low, but it was a good showing.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Matt Breida was the guy they wanted to go with I think? I don't remember if they drafted anyone. They don't have much in the way of receivers either.

Steelers had a good game one. Only important guy that didn't look good was Matekevich, who just doesn't seem athletic enough to do the job. Conner is going to be good. He's been having a strong camp, cleaned up his pass pro, and is in outstanding shape. So if Bell starts slow they should be fine. We will know more as the starters get more action. I'm keeping my expectations low, but it was a good showing.
                  I like Conner. He's a good player. How did Samuels do? That will probably be the deciding factor in whether or not I watch the replay this afternoon.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• While waiting for injury updates (Gruden said he thinks Ioannidis is 'fine' btw...also I've typed his name enough so I don't need to check the spelling anymore), here's a Tim Settle report:

Up -- NT Tim Settle was playing with backups against backups, but that shouldn't take away from his performance. He dominated the middle, posting five tackles and forcing and recovering a fumble. - Rich Tandler
                    ~

Comment

• So it looks like the Titans actually have some decent OLB depth. I see now why Sharif Finch was the highest paid UDFA.

Comment

While waiting for injury updates (Gruden said he thinks Ioannidis is 'fine' btw...also I've typed his name enough so I don't need to check the spelling anymore), here's a Tim Settle report:

~
                        Ioannidis is a ***** to spell. Also reminds me of Gladiator or something. Any news on Guice?
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I like Conner. He's a good player. How did Samuels do? That will probably be the deciding factor in whether or not I watch the replay this afternoon.
                          He got like 1 yard per touch. I'll have to watch again. From what I hear in camp, he's really struggling with blocking. According to him, he just never had to do it in college.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ioannidis is a ***** to spell. Also reminds me of Gladiator or something. Any news on Guice?
                            Both Guice and Ioannidis are getting MRIs on their knees today. As buzzkill Peter Finlay just reminded us, players are often too optimistic immediately after getting injured...we won't know anything for sure until the MRIs are done.
                            ~

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

He got like 1 yard per touch. I'll have to watch again. From what I hear in camp, he's really struggling with blocking. According to him, he just never had to do it in college.
                              He has problems with technique, specifically hand placement/punch. But he does get good initial pop. I think it's coachable, just a matter of whether or not they want to coach that.

Also, deflated footballs in the game?
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Both Guice and Ioannidis are getting MRIs on their knees today. As buzzkill Peter Finlay just reminded us, players are often too optimistic immediately after getting injured...we won't know anything for sure until the MRIs are done.
                                ~
                                **** that guy.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X