• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot about Devin Bush.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• TJ Edwards looks really good. I'll have to watch some Wisconsin games. Which isn't a problem. Wisconsin football is pure.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
        TJ Edwards looks really good. I'll have to watch some Wisconsin games. Which isn't a problem. Wisconsin football is pure.
        If I wasn't an LSU alum, Wis would be my fave college team. I love the style of ball they play.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

If I wasn't an LSU alum, Wis would be my fave college team. I love the style of ball they play.
          I think this is one of the many reasons why I enjoy the college game more lately. I'm a PSU fan due to growing up in central PA, but I'm not so attached that I can't enjoy the work of other teams, even in the same conference. In the pros, I've always been a Steelers fan, and though I'll watch other teams, unless there is a sick nasty fun player, I just don't really care. The non-descript teams in the pros just aren't fun to watch, even if they play the game better than college teams. For example, I'll probably follow the G-Men this year due to Barkley. I like the pieces on some other teams as well, but by the end of the year it just ends up a contest of who's the healthiest. Kinda like how your interest in the Skins capsized when Guice went down.

That and college is just goofy fun. Lineman scoring, QBs running, all the traditions, the upsets, the different play styles, it's all great. The pro game is vastly superior technically, but it tends to be samey. Also, the NFL tends to be littered with dumb rules, from idiotic game rules that are changed too slowly to pointless uniform restrictions. Occasionally some of the fun sneaks into the pros, but it's usually quickly smacked down by grumpy old folks or thousands of hours of film study.

College ball's weaknesses tend to revolve around corruption from the NCAA down (though the NFL has this in spades, too), and sometimes it's a bit too sloppy at the lower levels. But man, is it fun when the teams are good.
          ​​​​
          sigpic

Comment

• Or, to shorten that a bit: I can enjoy the college game more objectively, whereas my enjoyment of the pros revolves around Pittsburgh.
            sigpic

Comment

• Who doesn't like fat guy touchdowns?
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Just turning on the teebee. What should I watch?

P.S. Nevermind, I'll get the Vikings at Broncos whether I like it or not.
                ~
                Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 08-11-2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• It's not like the other option is that great.

Looks like the Vikings line is gonna be a dumpster fire this year. Again.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Paxton Lynch sucks.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Excited to see Rosen.
                      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Tom Herman is a lying commie that is trying to take down OSU and Urban Meyer over losing a top recruit!
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Titans have yet to announce Rashaan Evans' injury, but it's definitely not heat related, which is what they said initially. Not on IR, so my assumption is that he's gonna miss a chunk of time, but that they do expect him to play in the regular season. Them Bama players--always injured.
                          Cruikshank is the same. No word, no IR.

In better news, both Harold Landry and in-state stud Corey Levine earned "elite" rankings from PFF in the preseason game. I thought Levine was really struggling until I realized they moved him from center to right guard.

Comment

• In more of the sad story news, Robert Davis is messed up. He wasn't going to be in the top 3, but was fighting for a job on the 53. This sounds pretty bad.
                            ~

Comment

• Seems the Bucs kickers still suck.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Browns O-line could be a mess this year.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X