No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gong and JAS should come back to comment.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I feel bad for Dirk Koetter and Mike Smith. They're probably gonna be the fall guys for some shoddy team building, and now that they seem to finally be putting together a decent roster the next guy to come in will get all the credit.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
        I feel bad for Dirk Koetter and Mike Smith. They're probably gonna be the fall guys for some shoddy team building, and now that they seem to finally be putting together a decent roster the next guy to come in will get all the credit.
        I feel like the Bucs have gotten these comments for awhile now, and it just never comes to fruition. QB trouble, defensive troubles, it's always something in Tampa Bay.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I feel like the Bucs have gotten these comments for awhile now, and it just never comes to fruition. QB trouble, defensive troubles, it's always something in Tampa Bay.
          They haven't had a good roster though. People that think they do haven't been paying attention, Now, they finally have some DEs and a big beefy bodyguard for McCoy, and if Davis and/or Stewart work out they should have at least decent corners to go with their 'backers. Get a powerback to pair with Jones and one OT upgrade and they're ready to roll.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• It only took an hour for the Redskins and Jets to start fighting

Lolz.
            ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
              I don't think I'd wanna scrap with the Redskins O-line. Those tackles are massive.

Now, tell me what you remember about Niles Paul, plz.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Went to Steelers training camp. Didn't see anything different that I haven't been reading about. Watching Munchak coach was a privilege though. Dude just has a quiet yet demanding presence about him. Not a single lineman loafing around.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                  Went to Steelers training camp. Didn't see anything different that I haven't been reading about. Watching Munchak coach was a privilege though. Dude just has a quiet yet demanding presence about him. Not a single lineman loafing around.
                  For my money, he's the best position coach in the league. Being an HoFer doesn't hurt, either.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I don't think I'd wanna scrap with the Redskins O-line. Those tackles are massive.

Now, tell me what you remember about Niles Paul, plz.
                    He was a Skins tough guy. But as a tight end/H back, he was better at special teams. (Then again, he was originally signed as a wide receiver.)

p.s. I thought I posted this yesterday, but "invalid security token" I see at 6 A.M.
                    ~

Comment

So these games are good for about a quarter, then they're poopy unless you're excited about your rookie QB.
                      Quarter? Lucky. The Lions didn't play Stafford or Ansay. Nobody wants to see Matt Castle and a defense that doesn't create pressure. Especially with the refs making calls that shouldn't have been penalties (against both teams) mixed with multiple flags that were picked up after a discussion.

The most fun thing was the punting. Detroit had 7 punts between Sam Martin and rookie Ryan Santoso with an average of 49.9 yards. Which one of these other 31 teams needs to trade for a punter?

Oh, and Kerryon Johnson is apparently good.
                      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Quarter? Lucky. The Lions didn't play Stafford or Ansay. Nobody wants to see Matt Castle and a defense that doesn't create pressure. Especially with the refs making calls that shouldn't have been penalties (against both teams) mixed with multiple flags that were picked up after a discussion.

The most fun thing was the punting. Detroit had 7 punts between Sam Martin and rookie Ryan Santoso with an average of 49.9 yards. Which one of these other 31 teams needs to trade for a punter?

Oh, and Kerryon Johnson is apparently good.
                        I maintain that a significant part of the problem is a lack of information from the broadcasters. But yeah, the 3rd game is usually enjoyable while the rest blow.

Will still watch of course.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I like watching the early games to see guys on the roster bubble. That's the only useful part of the preseason IMO. That and rookies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                            I like watching the early games to see guys on the roster bubble. That's the only useful part of the preseason IMO. That and rookies.
                            If the broadcasters gave more info so that I knew who those players were, that would be a lot of fun for me. But alas....
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• How badly do y'all think Dez wishes he had signed that Ravens contract right about now?
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Wow, looked at some attempts to call the new helmet to helmet rule. There was a guy on the Cardinals that made a perfect form tackle...and got flagged. Unless they back waaaay off on this rule, it's going to have a negative impact. It's just too vague. and if you give coaches the ability to review it, the game would slow down. I may be watching more college ball again next year.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X