• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
    Gase? What a bad fit for the Jets.
    They hired Gase as HC? Wtf??? That may be worse than the Browns firing Williams, not quite sure.

Have the Bengals hired anybody yet? I could use a laugh.

edit: Could have had MM, so definitely worse than the Browns. Let me say that again: worse than the Browns.
    Last edited by Castiron; 01-10-2019, 03:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Gase? What a bad fit for the Jets.

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by kirmie View Post
    Fangio to Broncos. I wonder if there are any HC/OC/DC left in the NFCN from 2017?

Edit: Thought about it. No combo left, but Vikings still have HC and DC from 2017.

That's something people were considering as a target for a trade by the Lions before Bruce was signed. Apparently the Lions tried a number of trades for a TE that didn't work out last year.
    Brate and Howard will be wasted in that offense.

Leave a comment:

• steelers_pens_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Castiron View Post
    Crazy few days of hirings, no?

I'm gonna be real interested in the Bucs next season. I hate Bruce but think he'll have that O rolling. Gotta trade those TEs though. He hates TEs.
    Blocking TEs only! Someone had to do the job of the OL.

Speaking of OL, Munch stays in Pittsburgh! Yay! Now they need to get rid of Butler, Smith, and likely Tomlin if he can't get his **** together. Ok, so there's work to be done, but the OL is likely going to be good.

Leave a comment:

• kirmie
    replied
    Fangio to Broncos. I wonder if there are any HC/OC/DC left in the NFCN from 2017?

Edit: Thought about it. No combo left, but Vikings still have HC and DC from 2017.

I'm gonna be real interested in the Bucs next season. I hate Bruce but think he'll have that O rolling. Gotta trade those TEs though. He hates TEs.
    That's something people were considering as a target for a trade by the Lions before Bruce was signed. Apparently the Lions tried a number of trades for a TE that didn't work out last year.
    Last edited by kirmie; 01-09-2019, 01:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Michigan could have a shot next year if tOSU would stop poaching their coaches. LB coach Al Washington heading down south now too. Jerks.

At least it waited until after the early signing because that could have effected things. I'm actually more worried about OT and opening up the offensive scheme a bit. Not that I want the power running to go away, but there should be more 3 and 4 WR sets mixed with roll outs and options due to the WRs and QBs Michigan has.

2019 recruit Trente Jones sounds like he may be the best OT of the future from everything I've read on him scouting wise, but 247 has him listed at 285 so he is probably red shirting this year. Wish I would have seen him play in the all star game, but he played in the Under Armour one and I only saw the Army one.
    But they haven't really established the power run, which is my big problem with Mich. I thought they'd have that rolling like a better Wisconsin.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    Tennessee just hired away Georgia's OC yall.

Leave a comment:

• steelers_pens_fan
    replied
    Kliff Kingsbury to Cards, Munchak likely the frontrunner in Denver.

Leave a comment:

• kirmie
    replied

I thought we had a shot next year. Dammit.

geaux tigers
    Michigan could have a shot next year if tOSU would stop poaching their coaches. LB coach Al Washington heading down south now too. Jerks.

At least it waited until after the early signing because that could have effected things. I'm actually more worried about OT and opening up the offensive scheme a bit. Not that I want the power running to go away, but there should be more 3 and 4 WR sets mixed with roll outs and options due to the WRs and QBs Michigan has.

2019 recruit Trente Jones sounds like he may be the best OT of the future from everything I've read on him scouting wise, but 247 has him listed at 285 so he is probably red shirting this year. Wish I would have seen him play in the all star game, but he played in the Under Armour one and I only saw the Army one.
    Last edited by kirmie; 01-08-2019, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied

Just took TE and WR though. Gotta give those kids a chance.
    Yeah, Jonnu Smith has been solid, but he's not a replacement for Delanie Walker, and Mariota really likes throwing to tight ends. Walker maybe has another year or two in him, at the most after that injury. Firsker looked solid, but not enough to not grab another one if available. At WR, Corey Davis is becoming legit, but they're lacking in quality depth, and need a fast-play receiving option for Mariota to get rid of the ball faster.
    I wouldn't expect them to take both, but I certainly expect them to target one of those positions.

Interior OL might be alright with Corey Levine taking over a spot, but another young future starter would be a good call in the middle rounds. I also wouldn't be surprised if they went for a QB fairly early (like in the 3rd or 4th) as a potential backup to Mariota that will get playing time and future trade value.

My ideal Titans draft would be 1. DL/PR 2. DL/PR 3. TE/WR 4. OG 5. RB 6. DL/PR

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

They were already a death machine this year. They just ran into an NFL defensive line.
    I thought we had a shot next year. Dammit.

geaux tigers

Leave a comment:

• steelers_pens_fan
    replied

Bama gonna play mad all next season. Dammit.
    They were already a death machine this year. They just ran into an NFL defensive line.

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

So much for that foregone conclusion.
    Bama gonna play mad all next season. Dammit.

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Rush linebacker is definitely the top need, but another good DLineman would be huge, given the talent in the class and how big a difference there was in the front three without Casey.
    Interior O-line is a need, but so is tight end and receiver.
    Just took TE and WR though. Gotta give those kids a chance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X