• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now Conner is out.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Morgan Burnett looks like one of the few Steelers defenders that can tackle. Yes, a former Packer is showing better tackling form that a bunch of career Steelers. Let that sink in.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I don't think so. I don't consistently check the website though. Did you get to see Conner tear it up?
        Can you tell me anything about PSU O-lineman Conner McGovern?
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
          And now Conner is out.
          Yeah he didn't get much work, as they want him healthy in case of a slow start by Bell. Samuels will get in, too.

Burnett didn't even look that great tackling, I didn't think. Still the same old problems with the defense; nobody is in the position to make the play. And the ILBs can't move, outside of VW going downhill.

Don't know much about McGovern.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah he didn't get much work, as they want him healthy in case of a slow start by Bell. Samuels will get in, too.

Burnett didn't even look that great tackling, I didn't think. Still the same old problems with the defense; nobody is in the position to make the play. And the ILBs can't move, outside of VW going downhill.

Don't know much about McGovern.
            It's not just that they aren't in position. They don't seem to know how to tackle.

I was looking at McGovern to potentially be on my list of O-linemen to watch this upcoming season. So far I have:

- Trey Adams
            - Jonah Williams
            - Greg Williams (maybe)
            - Michael Deiter
            - Beau Benzschawel
            - Ben Powers
            - Dalton Risner
            - Zack Bailey
            Last edited by Castiron; 08-17-2018, 01:54 PM.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

It's not just that they aren't in position. They don't seem to know how to tackle.

I was looking at McGovern to potentially be on my list of O-linemen to watch this upcoming season. So far I have:

- Trey Adams
              - Jonah Williams
              - Greg Williams (maybe)
              - Michael Deiter
              - Beau Benzschawel
              - Ben Powers
              - Dalton Risner
              - Zack Bailey
              Believe it or not, the quality of tackling has actually improved a bit from last year.
              sigpic

Comment

• I just want to point out that the Packers offense (Brett Hundley and the twos) that dropped 27 points on the Steelers in less than a half only put 7 on the Titans in the whole half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                  I just want to point out that the Packers offense (Brett Hundley and the twos) that dropped 27 points on the Steelers in less than a half only put 7 on the Titans in the whole half.
                  That's our defense at this point. Schematically nonsensical with terrible fundamentals. And yet, Keith Butler still has a job. Tomlin deserves the flak at this point, too. He only makes necessary changes if forced to do so.
                  sigpic

Comment

That's our defense at this point. Schematically nonsensical with terrible fundamentals. And yet, Keith Butler still has a job. Tomlin deserves the flak at this point, too. He only makes necessary changes if forced to do so.
                    Yeah. Tennessee's been hit by the injury bug bad so far, but they ought to still field a respectable defense. The 1's are great. Beyond that, things are a little thin at most positions.

But given Tennessee's schedule, the improvement of two of the other AFCS teams, and getting hot hard with injuries already (seriously, six projected starters are sidelined right now, at least one for the season), I expect the Titans to be a better team than they were last season, but not really improve the win total, if at all.

I feel like the Steelers are kind of in the opposite boat.
                    Last edited by Daniel; 08-17-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Yeah. Tennessee's been hit by the injury bug bad so far, but they ought to still field a respectable defense. The 1's are great. Beyond that, things are a little thin at most positions.

But given Tennessee's schedule, the improvement of two of the other AFCS teams, and getting hot hard with injuries already (seriously, six projected starters are sidelined right now, at least one for the season), I expect the Titans to be a better team than they were last season, but not really improve the win total, if at all.

I feel like the Steelers are kind of in the opposite boat.
                      Yup. They may hover close to .500, but still win a garbage division. Thing is, there is lots of talent here. The offense speaks for itself. The defensive line is actually very good. The CBs aren't bad either. But the safeties are in a flux, after cutting everyone outside of Sean Davis. Which was needed, as they had some of the worst safety play in the league last year. The LBs outside of Watt and Williams are garbage though, and Williams is situational at best. And therein lies the problem: they still insist on running a linebacker heavy scheme with **** LBs. Combine that with generally poor tackling and being in the worst position possible to stop any pass despite playing in nickel and dime a lot, and you have a problem.

I'm honestly thinking a fresh start is what this team needs. Some new ideas to take an overall talented team, add a few pieces, and go on another run. Hopefully Rudolph develops in 2-3 years. If not, draft another, I say. I'd trade the rights to Bell, too. Contrary to what certain fans think, he isn't putting this team over the top for a SB run. The D isn't good enough.
                      Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 08-17-2018, 04:08 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Despite the crap he has to work with, unlike the stud 'backers Lebeau had, he managed to run a defense that set a Steelers record for sacks and finished 5th in passing yards allowed. Butler is pulling that defense out of his ass.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I just want to point out that the Packers offense (Brett Hundley and the twos) that dropped 27 points on the Steelers in less than a half only put 7 on the Titans in the whole half.
                          Anything you can tell me about this Drew Richmond kid?
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Anything you can tell me about this Drew Richmond kid?
                            Well, he was really good when he played in 2016, but then he was benched last year, then injured, then bad. Not sure where he's going to play this season, since there's also this sophomore named Trey Smith who played guard last season, but is a tackle really and is possibly Tennessee's best player. He's been injured, but he's taking someone's starting spot for sure once he's healthy enough, which should be preseason.
                            They're still shuffling the line, so who knows what will happen?

As far as pro prospects go, he's probably got off the field issues. I never found out what got him benched, but he's probably going to be better than last year since he was injured. He's listed as 6'5" and 315, so he's got pro size, and if he plays well this season, he'll probably get 2017 written off as injury related.

Comment

Well, he was really good when he played in 2016, but then he was benched last year, then injured, then bad. Not sure where he's going to play this season, since there's also this sophomore named Trey Smith who played guard last season, but is a tackle really and is possibly Tennessee's best player. He's been injured, but he's taking someone's starting spot for sure once he's healthy enough, which should be preseason.
                              They're still shuffling the line, so who knows what will happen?

As far as pro prospects go, he's probably got off the field issues. I never found out what got him benched, but he's probably going to be better than last year since he was injured. He's listed as 6'5" and 315, so he's got pro size, and if he plays well this season, he'll probably get 2017 written off as injury related.
                              Yeesh. Will keep him off my list, then. Thanks!
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Okay, who is watching what tonight?
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X