• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Paul Allen is ****ing awful. He should never be able to broadcast football games ever.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/v...-everyone-out/

That's roughing the passer now. Is it college football season yet?
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
          https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/v...-everyone-out/

That's really bad.
          ~

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/v...-everyone-out/

Doesn't look any different than last year to me. You can see he made the motion to "drive his shoulder". "They" should probably take aggressive striking out of boxing and mma, too.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Doesn't look any different than last year to me. You can see he made the motion to "drive his shoulder". "They" should probably take aggressive striking out of boxing and mma, too.
              "Let's remove the checking from hockey as well. And running the bases? Too risky, could pull something. Let's try walking."

I'm all for safety, but this is getting dumb.
              sigpic

Comment

"Let's remove the checking from hockey as well. And running the bases? Too risky, could pull something. Let's try walking."

I'm all for safety, but this is getting dumb.
                I'm not. Football is supposed to be violent. Some things are clearly beyond the pail, but trying to make it "safe" is bs. Just like trying to make a combat sport safe, it becomes something else, something much worse. Like soccer in pads. And we don't stand for that in freedom loving America!
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• And bring back the goon in hockey, dammit!
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I'm not. Football is supposed to be violent. Some things are clearly beyond the pail, but trying to make it "safe" is bs. Just like trying to make a combat sport safe, it becomes something else, something much worse. Like soccer in pads. And we don't stand for that in freedom loving America!
                    'Murica!

Oh, football will never be 100% safe. It's a contact sport. Certain things don't belong, like lots of after the whistle stuff and the more blatant helmet to helmet stuff. But the flags are getting ridiculous. It just bogs the game down until defenders give up and we have basketball scores.

​​​​​​At least we still have college, where the basketball scores have nothing to do with rules and everything to do with the fact that there are defenses filled with converted TEs and WRs that can't catch.
                    ​​​​​​
                    sigpic

Comment

'Murica!

Oh, football will never be 100% safe. It's a contact sport. Certain things don't belong, like lots of after the whistle stuff and the more blatant helmet to helmet stuff. But the flags are getting ridiculous. It just bogs the game down until defenders give up and we have basketball scores.

​​​​​​At least we still have college, where the basketball scores have nothing to do with rules and everything to do with the fact that there are defenses filled with converted TEs and WRs that can't catch.
                      ​​​​​​
                      Speaking of college, we had two QBs transfer so we now only have two on scholarship (one of which couldn't even get on the field for OSU) and have suspended a WR. Fortunately, the QBs weren't the guy I hoped to win the starting job and the WR was only 6th in catches last year.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Speaking of college, we had two QBs transfer so we now only have two on scholarship (one of which couldn't even get on the field for OSU) and have suspended a WR. Fortunately, the QBs weren't the guy I hoped to win the starting job and the WR was only 6th in catches last year.
                        LSU is in a tough spot until Saban retires. Having Bama in the division limits what you can do, as you're forced to build a team to beat Bama. Which means spread it out and hope you get a nutty QB with insane escapability that doesn't turn the ball over. Good luck, I'm going to enjoy being up north, where our juggernaut is vulnerable because they aren't paying attention half of the time (hello OSU). We also get the fun of Wisconsin, the special bitterness of Dantonio, the suspense of wether or not your team will get Ferentz'd by a score of 8-5 any given year, the zany intensity of Harbaugh and Franklin, and the new fun of Fleck and Frost.

We also get the terrible scandals and have to endure Rutgers football, and we have to rely on you guys for good BBQ, but ssssshhhhhh...
                        sigpic

Comment

LSU is in a tough spot until Saban retires. Having Bama in the division limits what you can do, as you're forced to build a team to beat Bama. Which means spread it out and hope you get a nutty QB with insane escapability that doesn't turn the ball over. Good luck, I'm going to enjoy being up north, where our juggernaut is vulnerable because they aren't paying attention half of the time (hello OSU). We also get the fun of Wisconsin, the special bitterness of Dantonio, the suspense of wether or not your team will get Ferentz'd by a score of 8-5 any given year, the zany intensity of Harbaugh and Franklin, and the new fun of Fleck and Frost.

We also get the terrible scandals and have to endure Rutgers football, and we have to rely on you guys for good BBQ, but ssssshhhhhh...
                          There is a contingent, a rather large one, that still has ass pain over not getting Jimbo or Tom Herman as our HC so they're gonna ride this stuff in an effort to get rid of Coach O instead of letting him sort the program out. Hope it doesn't work, but if we have a bad season, he's gone.

Wisconsin is great to watch, and I love me some Dantonio. I hope Harbs is at least able to go 2-1 this year against their three big rivals (OSU, Mich St, and ND). He's been there long enough. It's time to do something other than just being weird.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

There is a contingent, a rather large one, that still has ass pain over not getting Jimbo or Tom Herman as our HC so they're gonna ride this stuff in an effort to get rid of Coach O instead of letting him sort the program out. Hope it doesn't work, but if we have a bad season, he's gone.

Wisconsin is great to watch, and I love me some Dantonio. I hope Harbs is at least able to go 2-1 this year against their three big rivals (OSU, Mich St, and ND). He's been there long enough. It's time to do something other than just being weird.
                            I want him to do stuff, too. he makes things interesting. If he does get fired, I want him to stay in the Big 10. Go to Purdue or something an build a successful team hell-bent on making life miserable for the Wolverines (that would make two, thanks MSU) And if he makes that team successful, he'd have the job forever, kind of like Kirk Ferentz at Iowa, or Bill Snyder at KSU. Seriously, they should add KSU. They're the most Big 10 team outside of the Big 10. Just picture them beating Michigan, and watching Harbaugh gnash his teeth reading the well-worded respectful hand written letter from coach Snyder afterwards. It'd be great.

Just to clarify: I'm not necessarily anti-Michigan. Harbs is just good fun.

I'll give the south credit though: I like the Dawgs, the Mississippi schools are usually good for nuttiness, I have nothing against LSU, I dig the checkerboard endzone at Tennessee (thought they are making asses of themselves), the rivalries are good, and the idea of a team called the Game****s makes me laugh like a second grader. There's just this crimson colored cloud of boring processes hanging over it all. Like all the fun is for naught.
                            sigpic

Comment

I want him to do stuff, too. he makes things interesting. If he does get fired, I want him to stay in the Big 10. Go to Purdue or something an build a successful team hell-bent on making life miserable for the Wolverines (that would make two, thanks MSU) And if he makes that team successful, he'd have the job forever, kind of like Kirk Ferentz at Iowa, or Bill Snyder at KSU. Seriously, they should add KSU. They're the most Big 10 team outside of the Big 10. Just picture them beating Michigan, and watching Harbaugh gnash his teeth reading the well-worded respectful hand written letter from coach Snyder afterwards. It'd be great.

Just to clarify: I'm not necessarily anti-Michigan. Harbs is just good fun.

I'll give the south credit though: I like the Dawgs, the Mississippi schools are usually good for nuttiness, I have nothing against LSU, I dig the checkerboard endzone at Tennessee (thought they are making asses of themselves), the rivalries are good, and the idea of a team called the Game****s makes me laugh like a second grader. There's just this crimson colored cloud of boring processes hanging over it all. Like all the fun is for naught.
                              I told you about the Game****s bumpersticker, right? "USC - Their Trojans Can't Hold Our '****s". They also used to have a sign over the weight room that said "Iron '****s", and on the butt of the cheerleader panties it used to say "Go '****s". Of course, the PC police (and probably lawyers) made them stop all that because we can't have any fun.

Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

And apparently can't catch a cold.
                                Did you see this catch by Cam Sims? Although it was called back because of illegal formation, it was a great grab. Also, you can see how big he is compared to the DBs. The guy has potential.
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X