No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pumped for the college season now.

FOOTBALL!
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
      I think he's ok, just felt it was time for Buffalo to get somebody better.
      That's my whole issue with the Pro Bowl thing. Everybody knows they should have somebody better than him, but he's also good enough that you know you're probably going to be worse for a bit by trying to replace him.

And hells yes for college football and screw tOSU and their not firing of Urban after what they disclosed actually happened and the worst press conference ever. They literally had the press conference BEFORE they released the information and results. I'd rather Michigan beat them with Urban at the helm, but the way they did everything was pathetic. His apology was phrased in a way that he didn't even apologize to the woman who was abused. He only apologized for getting them in the situation they were in now, AKA him being in trouble. At least apologize for real and own up to things. Kind of curious if the NCAA itself gives this a poke because of they way it was handled.
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Anything that ****s over OSU is fine by me. I dislike them greatly.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Yeah, that presser was very poorly thought out, and even more poorly executed.

The smarter way to handle it would be an indefinite suspension, with a wink wink nudge nudge, knowing that by the time the fourth game comes around, you put him back, giving them enough time to say it was thoroughly investigated without being so obviously a sham.

Comment

• Ego is a helluva drug.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

That's my whole issue with the Pro Bowl thing. Everybody knows they should have somebody better than him, but he's also good enough that you know you're probably going to be worse for a bit by trying to replace him.

And hells yes for college football and screw tOSU and their not firing of Urban after what they disclosed actually happened and the worst press conference ever. They literally had the press conference BEFORE they released the information and results. I'd rather Michigan beat them with Urban at the helm, but the way they did everything was pathetic. His apology was phrased in a way that he didn't even apologize to the woman who was abused. He only apologized for getting them in the situation they were in now, AKA him being in trouble. At least apologize for real and own up to things. Kind of curious if the NCAA itself gives this a poke because of they way it was handled.
              NCAA ain't doing jack unless forced to due to obvious competitive advantage. Which keeping on a scummy mediocre position coach because he's buddies with the HC doesn't offer much of an advantage. It's how PSU got out of its punishment early; that stuff was awful, but the NCAA penalties didn't stick because employing a monster doesn't offer an advantage on the field. It's all ethically questionable, but that's sadly expected with all that money that sports generate.
              sigpic

Comment

• What games are y'all watching tonight? I'm going to try and find a stream for Giants - Jets.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Darnold looking good again. I can get used to this in a QB.
                  WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                  Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• I think this may be the first time the Lions ever had a weather delay in my life. It's so weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

NCAA ain't doing jack unless forced to due to obvious competitive advantage. Which keeping on a scummy mediocre position coach because he's buddies with the HC doesn't offer much of an advantage. It's how PSU got out of its punishment early; that stuff was awful, but the NCAA penalties didn't stick because employing a monster doesn't offer an advantage on the field. It's all ethically questionable, but that's sadly expected with all that money that sports generate.
                      It's the way they ended it that's bad. Gives the NCAA a small window because tOSU looked so bad and pressure may be put on the NCAA to do something. A halfway decent press person could have salvaged this if done right and the guys listened. They couldn't even pretend apologize right and then info came out showing it was worse than everbody thought. Though if everything was done right the AD should be the one fired. Dude was AD for Sweater vest being fired and seems like the obvious scape goat for them to use since he is above Meyer but probably nowhere near as important.

Like I said though, I'd rather Michigan beat tOSU while Meyer is still there so I can Lord it over my Buckeye fan friends without them having an excuse. Been way too long since I could do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
                        Darnold looking good again. I can get used to this in a QB.
                        This Manning kid might be able to play in the league as well.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• BJ Hill looking good.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• The Lions got a sack! Woooo! ... *Sigh*

Comment

• Zettel might be my favorite Lion. Him or Golden Tate.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Terrible night rushing the ball for both teams.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X