Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cards are dominating the punt game.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

    Lol

    Comment


    • Ahahahahahahahahahaha
      Flinchy McTapQwik

      Lol

      Comment


      • Collinsworth is gay for Randy Gregory.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

        Lol

        Comment


        • Rico Gathers has been in Dallas for three years and still doesn't know the playbook. Wtf dude?
          Flinchy McTapQwik

          Lol

          Comment


          • Okay, pick a team and then tell me the one player in the league (other than QB) that would help that team the most. Some examples of my opinions:

            Steelers - Luke Kuechly

            Jags/Giants - Lane Johnson

            Cowboys - Aaron Donald

            Packers - Von Miller


            Disagree with my opinions, select different teams, whatever. We've got a long time before we get real football.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

            Lol

            Comment


            • Redskins - Derrius Guice *sob*

              I suppose to be serious, just pick your favorite running back in the NFL.
              ~

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                Redskins - Derrius Guice *sob*

                I suppose to be serious, just pick your favorite running back in the NFL.
                ~
                Yeah, that was a kick in the balls.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

                Lol

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                  Okay, pick a team and then tell me the one player in the league (other than QB) that would help that team the most. Some examples of my opinions:

                  Steelers - Luke Kuechly

                  Jags/Giants - Lane Johnson

                  Cowboys - Aaron Donald

                  Packers - Von Miller


                  Disagree with my opinions, select different teams, whatever. We've got a long time before we get real football.
                  Titans: Khalil Mack, I guess. Landry hurt his ankle, Derrick Morgan is being held out, and Orakpo is injured too. I expect the latter two to come back before the season, but if they had a stud like Mack in there, it would be hard for any team to pass against them, letting the DL sell out against the run.
                  I would choose a big time stud receiver, but I think the bigger problem for Tennessee is that they aren't on the same page with the new offense. A great receiver may not really help that much.

                  For the Jags, I don't know how you don't give them Rodgers. Put Aaron Rodgers on that roster and the Super Bowl would be an underachievement.

                  EDIT: Just saw no QB. I would maybe give them a legit No. 1 receiver still.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                    Brett Jones traded to the Vikings.
                    Those jerks. I didn't give them permission to pick up Jones and Iloka.

                    Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                    Okay, pick a team and then tell me the one player in the league (other than QB) that would help that team the most. Some examples of my opinions:

                    Steelers - Luke Kuechly

                    Jags/Giants - Lane Johnson

                    Cowboys - Aaron Donald

                    Packers - Von Miller


                    Disagree with my opinions, select different teams, whatever. We've got a long time before we get real football.
                    Those make sense. Lions would have to be getting Suh back. They need a guy that can take a double team and plow through them to stop both runs and create pass pressure by getting through them or giving the QB less room to step up. Option 2 would be Kuechly because so far it looks like Jarrad Davis is incapable of covering anybody.

                    Speaking of run defense, can somebody please force the Lions to sign Johnathan Hankins? ... I typed this out a while ago, but got distracted because the Lions signed Robert Ayers.

                    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                    Comment


                    • Tarik Black, WR for Michigan, played a few games last year as a true freshman and looked solid until he fractured his left foot. This year he speed things up a bit and already fractured his right foot. Hopefully next year his body will realize it's out of feet to fracture instead of fracturing both at the same time.

                      As for the Lions, looks like Ayers is already practicing today. There was a rumor that a limo driver told a radio dude he was taking Khalil Mack to the Lions in the last 24 hours. People are starting to wonder if the driver mistook Ayers for Mack or if maybe Ayers is awesome and messed with the driver. Could be a completely unrelated driver messing with people, but I'm really hoping Ayers was screwing with people for giggles.
                      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                        Tarik Black, WR for Michigan, played a few games last year as a true freshman and looked solid until he fractured his left foot. This year he speed things up a bit and already fractured his right foot. Hopefully next year his body will realize it's out of feet to fracture instead of fracturing both at the same time.

                        As for the Lions, looks like Ayers is already practicing today. There was a rumor that a limo driver told a radio dude he was taking Khalil Mack to the Lions in the last 24 hours. People are starting to wonder if the driver mistook Ayers for Mack or if maybe Ayers is awesome and messed with the driver. Could be a completely unrelated driver messing with people, but I'm really hoping Ayers was screwing with people for giggles.
                        Can you afford Mack?

                        I checked Over the Cap, but I'd have to do too much thinking about down the road for you guys to make a conclusion.
                        ~

                        Comment


                        • Steelers are trading for Ryan Switzer. Looks to be a swap of late round picks. Looking for a return man.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

                            Can you afford Mack?

                            I checked Over the Cap, but I'd have to do too much thinking about down the road for you guys to make a conclusion.
                            ~
                            If they got creative with the first year and extension it could work I think. Last I heard the Lions had about $11M in space. Though you never know if the Lions would do something like trading Ansah and a pick for Mack, which clears his $17M+. I don't see any scenario where Mack comes over happening so I haven't paid enough attention to all the details of how it would work.
                            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                            Comment


                            • For those who didn't know, which includes me, the Lions and Browns had a preseason meeting trophy that it seems like nobody in Detroit cared about. I had no idea that any NFL team had one of these things, let alone for the preseason.
                              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                                Steelers are trading for Ryan Switzer. Looks to be a swap of late round picks. Looking for a return man.
                                I wish the Titans would trade them Will Compton. He isn't gonna start, even with Rashaan Evans out, and the Titans will need all the picks they can get next year after they pay Mariota.
                                I assume the Steelers are still desperate for linebackers?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X