2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

I wish the Titans would trade them Will Compton. He isn't gonna start, even with Rashaan Evans out, and the Titans will need all the picks they can get next year after they pay Mariota.
    I assume the Steelers are still desperate for linebackers?
    Oh yeah, though they do like Matthew Thomas. He's a rookie UDFA with a lot to prove though.
    sigpic

Comment

• OBJ: 5 years, 95 million. Staying in NY.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
        Redskins - Derrius Guice *sob*

I suppose to be serious, just pick your favorite running back in the NFL.
        ~
        Thinking about it, and I would lean toward RB as well, I might go with David Johnson or Jordan Howard. One is a well rounded back and the other a hammer. Your pick.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Those jerks. I didn't give them permission to pick up Jones and Iloka.

Those make sense. Lions would have to be getting Suh back. They need a guy that can take a double team and plow through them to stop both runs and create pass pressure by getting through them or giving the QB less room to step up. Option 2 would be Kuechly because so far it looks like Jarrad Davis is incapable of covering anybody.

Speaking of run defense, can somebody please force the Lions to sign Johnathan Hankins? ... I typed this out a while ago, but got distracted because the Lions signed Robert Ayers.
          I know, right? Pitt and Giants could have used Iloka. Dallas probably needs Jones.

Speaking of the Vikes, I like Linval Joseph a lot better than Suh these days. He's a stud.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
            Steelers are trading for Ryan Switzer. Looks to be a swap of late round picks. Looking for a return man.
            Oh Pittsburgh, you're a wacky bunch.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
              For those who didn't know, which includes me, the Lions and Browns had a preseason meeting trophy that it seems like nobody in Detroit cared about. I had no idea that any NFL team had one of these things, let alone for the preseason.
              The Battle of the Great Lakes or something, right? I just heard about it yesterday.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

OBJ: 5 years, 95 million. Staying in NY.
                Boooooooooooooooo.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Titans: Khalil Mack, I guess. Landry hurt his ankle, Derrick Morgan is being held out, and Orakpo is injured too. I expect the latter two to come back before the season, but if they had a stud like Mack in there, it would be hard for any team to pass against them, letting the DL sell out against the run.
                  I would choose a big time stud receiver, but I think the bigger problem for Tennessee is that they aren't on the same page with the new offense. A great receiver may not really help that much.

For the Jags, I don't know how you don't give them Rodgers. Put Aaron Rodgers on that roster and the Super Bowl would be an underachievement.

EDIT: Just saw no QB. I would maybe give them a legit No. 1 receiver still.
                  Yeah, without the "no QB"thing I would have definitely gone that way for the Jags.

I don't feel like I have much of a handle on the Titans, but would have probably leaned towards rush backer as well. So yay me!
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Thinking about it, and I would lean toward RB as well, I might go with David Johnson or Jordan Howard. One is a well rounded back and the other a hammer. Your pick.
                    David Johnson. Gruden loves passing, and he suits Alex Smith's game as well.
                    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

David Johnson. Gruden loves passing, and he suits Alex Smith's game as well.
                      ~
                      That was my initial thought, but then it occurred to me that it may make Thompson redundant and I didn't want to do that. So I was at a crossroads.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Oh Pittsburgh, you're a wacky bunch.
                        Eh, return man for a little bit of nothing. Plus Rodgers is suspended and still recovering. He probably can't play LB though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Eh, return man for a little bit of nothing. Plus Rodgers is suspended and still recovering. He probably can't play LB though.
                          I liked Switzer coming out, and it wasn't a bad move. Maybe they have plans to trade for Jamie Collins? He's been running 2nd string in Cleve, and Terry Pluto broached the idea of moving him.
                          Last edited by Castiron; 08-27-2018, 05:48 PM.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Rumors out there that the Broncs may cut De'Angelo Henderson. I really like this kid and he could certainly help a new team if they give him some run.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Andrew Luck with a "minor" foot injury.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Jordan Reed on pace for week 1, but I have no idea what his injury was.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X