No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mychal Kendricks has insider trading charges. That's not good.
    sigpic

Comment

• well fellow packers fans we aren't winning a superbowl anytime soon Aaaron Rogers did not deserve the highest contract ever when he's won 1 superbowl and made no where close to getting a second in a few years. Be nice if some of that money went towards making us have a shot again.
      Prospect Busts coming soon

Comment

• Also let me remind everybody Jake Browning is the best quarterback in college football right now. So why is no one mocking him in the first 2 rounds

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
          Tom Herman named as someone accompanying Zach Smith to the clubs back in the day.
          Who is Zach Smith and why is that a problem?
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
            Mychal Kendricks has insider trading charges. That's not good.
            Congrats to Kendricks for getting charged with something you hardly ever see with a pro football player. The only thing close I can recall is Eli with the memorabilia, but this is a whole other league.
            ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
              Barring off-field foolishness, all four starters on Clem d-line will go in the first 3 rounds. They're kinda good.
              I don't trust their ends. But their DTs are godly.

I'm hoping UT only loses to WVU by two TDs. If they can look competent against them, it might be a surprisingly good season, since they're the toughest team they'll face outside of Bama, Georgia, and Auburn.
              Buuuut, Tennessee's weaknesses match up very, very poorly with WVU's strengths, so I'm gearing up for a bloodbath.

Comment

• Saints trade for Teddy Bridgewater. Oh, Vikings homers gonna be sooooo mad. hee
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

I don't trust their ends. But their DTs are godly.

I'm hoping UT only loses to WVU by two TDs. If they can look competent against them, it might be a surprisingly good season, since they're the toughest team they'll face outside of Bama, Georgia, and Auburn.
                  Buuuut, Tennessee's weaknesses match up very, very poorly with WVU's strengths, so I'm gearing up for a bloodbath.
                  Me either, but I'm betting they'll get drafted high.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Congrats to Kendricks for getting charged with something you hardly ever see with a pro football player. The only thing close I can recall is Eli with the memorabilia, but this is a whole other league.
                    ~
                    From watching Hard Knocks, I'd have though Nassib would be the one to get popped for that. Bro.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwinsgames View Post
                      well fellow packers fans we aren't winning a superbowl anytime soon Aaaron Rogers did not deserve the highest contract ever when he's won 1 superbowl and made no where close to getting a second in a few years. Be nice if some of that money went towards making us have a shot again.
                      Stafford is the 3rd highest paid QB in the NFCN right now and he had originally become the highest paid player in the NFL just 366 days ago. Though if I were a Packer fan I'd be complaining more about the fact that he has nearly 77% guaranteed on a contract where he'll be 40 the last year. I'm not though, so I'm glad they did that part.
                      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• How much longer does this whole every-QB-becomes-the-highest-paid-player thing balloon before teams finally wise up and only pay actual elite QBs crazy amounts of money?

Because I like Mariota, but, ya know...

Comment

How much longer does this whole every-QB-becomes-the-highest-paid-player thing balloon before teams finally wise up and only pay actual elite QBs crazy amounts of money?

Because I like Mariota, but, ya know...
                          Need to institute some sort of cap for QB salaries imo.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Need to institute some sort of cap for QB salaries imo.
                            I mean, I assume it will self correct eventually. QBs are overvalued right now, and eventually some teams will capitalize on that. The Ravens are bucking the trend now by making moves to oust Flacco and the Eagles won the Super Bowl with their backup, so I'm curious if it's already swinging the other way, or if there'll be a few more years of teams signing mediocre QBs to huge contracts and sucking for years before it changes.

Assuming Winston, Mariota, and Dak don't absolutely blow up statistics this season, what they sign to will be illustrative of where it's moving for sure.
                            Last edited by Daniel; 08-29-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I mean, I assume it will self correct eventually. QBs are overvalued right now, and eventually some teams will capitalize on that. The Ravens are bucking the trend now by making moves to oust Flacco and the Eagles won the Super Bowl with their backup, so I'm curious if it's already swinging the other way, or if there'll be a few more years of teams signing mediocre QBs to huge contracts and sucking for years before it changes.

Assuming Winston and Mariota don't absolutely blow up statistics this season, what they sign to will be illustrative of where it's moving for sure.
                              anything more than a backup contract and winston will have been overpaid by a lot
                              he sucks
                              and hes immature off the field

Comment

Who is Zach Smith and why is that a problem?
                                The OSU coach that got Urban Meyer in hot water. It's funny, as Herman was the one throwing shade at OSU for this.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X