No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mich Oline blows aside from Ruiz. I expected Harbs to have some monsters in the trenches by now. His run has been a big letdown thus far.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Auburn d-line is good y'all.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Does Jake Browning know this is his year to show off for Pro Scouts he looked horrid this game smh
        Prospect Busts coming soon

Comment

• All our rookies made the team, including "Mr. Irrelevant" Trey Quinn. And supplemental draft pick Adonis Alexander. (Guice didn't because he's on injured reserve.) 8 of 10 picks from last year also made the team (the two who didn't are injured).

So we'll see about getting better, but the team is definitely getting younger.

P.S. I'm certain they're looking to improve the backup guard situation via waiver pickup. But so are plenty of other teams...
          ~
          Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 09-02-2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Man I have no idea how my team is supposed to pay Dak and D-Law long-term while still fielding a competitive roster. Thanks, GB and CHI

Like Daniel said, it's gonna be interesting to see how much Mariota and Dak get. Theoretically they shouldn't be in the same stratosphere as Rodgers, but that's not how this **** works.
            CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
              Man I have no idea how my team is supposed to pay Dak and D-Law long-term while still fielding a competitive roster. Thanks, GB and CHI

Like Daniel said, it's gonna be interesting to see how much Mariota and Dak get. Theoretically they shouldn't be in the same stratosphere as Rodgers, but that's not how this **** works.
              How this **** works: If you have a decent QB and no obvious successor on the bench, your team is going to get raked. Alex Smith is starting to look like a bargain now.
              ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Trade a 3rd for Bryant then cut him, trade a 5th for AJ McCarron, trade away Mack and a 2nd, talks that they're looking to move Karl Joseph.
                It's almost like Gruden was out of football for a decade or something.

Regarding Michigan: it just strikes me as odd that they bring Harbaugh back home and still can't seem to reach powerhouse status again. This is a guy who had Stanford not only competitive but relevant in the big picture, and took an Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick led Niners squad to the super bowl. If he can't do it, who can? Do top recruits just not want to come up to Ann Arbor? Is this a brewing Nebraska scenario where fans and alums need to drop their expectations a bit?

Also, lol Texas.

I still haven't gone over PSU highlights. May get to that today. From the sounds of things, they were missing their two starting DTs. I think they were probably drinking their own Kool-Aid a bit and a team known for upsets almost pulled one.

I think it's safe to say the Urban Meyer "suspension" is meaningless. This will blow over if it hasn't already. MSU was cleared from all of the creepy stuff going on over there, too. And the beat goes on...
                sigpic

Comment

• I think Harbs might have just gone off the deep end, spending too much time worrying about nervous birds and trying too hard to stay current with stupid social media stunts. He's supposed to be a hardass coach, then you see him in a onesie having a slumber party with a recruit?
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                    I think Harbs might have just gone off the deep end, spending too much time worrying about nervous birds and trying too hard to stay current with stupid social media stunts. He's supposed to be a hardass coach, then you see him in a onesie having a slumber party with a recruit?
                    Yeah, a lot of his actions have been weird, high profile stuff. Like he's got all of this pressure to rebuild his alma mater and the cracks are starting to show.

Just watched some PSU highlights. A lot of people will want to look at the offensive losses, but the big issue is that the defense just looked flat. That's something that they need to straighten out, as Pitt likes to pull upset shenanigans almost as much as App State does.

Watching Mich/ND highlights now. Man, I missed Mike Tirico.
                    Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 09-02-2018, 01:01 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Also, the greatest punt block ever: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnNV1GTF...eo_watch_again
                      sigpic

Comment

• Paxton Lynch finally gets to start his life as a factory worker
                        Prospect Busts coming soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwinsgames View Post
                          Paxton Lynch finally gets to start his life as a factory worker
                          I want to see him sell insurance or something, then show up randomly as a veteran backup in like 15 years before getting his shot and having one really good year. This possibly happened before.
                          images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBmrahUjy58uxEPnhlFWBE1t9ORT-xjA44IQK9bOsZJxkb8RBb.jpg
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwinsgames View Post
                            Paxton Lynch finally gets to start his life as a factory worker
                            They stole Kevin Hogan! Good luck, Gonzaga H.S. alum. I'll pretend I never said bad things about your QB skills.
                            ~

Comment

• Giants take six players off waivers (league high). And waive Davis Webb, 2017 3rd round pick.
                              ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                                Giants take six players off waivers (league high). And waive Davis Webb, 2017 3rd round pick.
                                ~
                                Never got the appeal of Davis Webb. Just another tall strong armed dude with no idea how to play the position properly.
                                ​​​​​​
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X