2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
    How these two garbage teams are ranked above my beloved LSU Tigers is beyond me.
    doesn't matter what LSU is ranked they don't have a quarterback again this year
    Prospect Busts coming soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwinsgames View Post

doesn't matter what LSU is ranked they don't have a quarterback again this year
      You think Browning is worth a dump. Gtfo with your meme scouting.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

It's almost like Gruden was out of football for a decade or something.

Regarding Michigan: it just strikes me as odd that they bring Harbaugh back home and still can't seem to reach powerhouse status again. This is a guy who had Stanford not only competitive but relevant in the big picture, and took an Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick led Niners squad to the super bowl. If he can't do it, who can? Do top recruits just not want to come up to Ann Arbor? Is this a brewing Nebraska scenario where fans and alums need to drop their expectations a bit?

Also, lol Texas.

I still haven't gone over PSU highlights. May get to that today. From the sounds of things, they were missing their two starting DTs. I think they were probably drinking their own Kool-Aid a bit and a team known for upsets almost pulled one.

I think it's safe to say the Urban Meyer "suspension" is meaningless. This will blow over if it hasn't already. MSU was cleared from all of the creepy stuff going on over there, too. And the beat goes on...
        Michigan: The issue isn't good players not coming to Michigan, it's youth mixed with trash. Take offensive tackle for example. Runyan and JBB shouldn't be starters, but Michigan hasn't gotten an OT recruit who is ready to take over there yet. A big part of that problem is that the best OT they've had under Harbs almost lost his legs and finally gave up on a comeback after a couple years. The backups are Chuck Filiaga, a high 4* who doesn't seem to be ready yet as a RS-FR and a high ceiling 3* from the same class. Another transferred out because he couldn't hack it. They really, really need Filiaga to somehow step into one of the 2 OT roles and do well, but he's a heavy mauler who probably has to be a RT.

Then other group with that issue is WR. That entire group is SR Grant Perry combined with true SOs and RS-FR. Those young WR's combined for 33 catches last year and 11 came in 3 games from a guy who broke his left foot last year and then his right foot last week. Everybody else with experience transferred out. That group is going to improve each week. Especially since they have a QB in his first year with the team that they had to mix a lot of time with other QBs because nobody knew if he would be eligible to play this year for a long time.

The defense is still the Michigan defense. Against ND they lost a starter early for targeting, but the biggest issue was blowing interceptions. ND should have been picked off on their first two drives as the ball with right through both hands on the defenders each time. ND only had 135 total yards after those first 2 drives and even then they managed that because Wimbush had the wheels to escape constant pressure.

tl;dr; This was a terrible year for Michigan to have a hard opponent in game 1 on the road. They really needed a warm up game.
        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• So the contests are starting again. We made it through another off-season! Anyways, for the halibut, I did a prelim Survivor run-through.

Haha. can't upload the pic, all my upload space on this sad little comment site's server is used up.
          ~
          Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 09-04-2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Browning will atleast be a second round qb first round if he plays to his talent.
            LSU has no one on their roster who can say that
            Prospect Busts coming soon

Comment

How these two garbage teams are ranked above my beloved LSU Tigers is beyond me.
              Not anymore they aren't. LSU got a big push. Of course, they still have to deal with a very tough division.

Can I just say it's unfair that Bama has Tua at QB? Because it's not fair.
              sigpic

Comment

Jake Browning is Kellen Moore with less arm strength. I thought he might be good after his 2016 season, but he sucks ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Jake Browning is Kellen Moore with less arm strength. I thought he might be good after his 2016 season, but he sucks ass.
                  Less arm strength than Moore? That's so weak it's impressive.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

The ball somehow flutters backwards, I guess.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

The ball somehow flutters backwards, I guess.
                      He's at least a second round prospect, is what I'm saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

He's at least a second round prospect, is what I'm saying.
                        Anything can happen between now and next year's draft.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Not anymore they aren't. LSU got a big push. Of course, they still have to deal with a very tough division.

Can I just say it's unfair that Bama has Tua at QB? Because it's not fair.
                          Like I said, the Auburn game in two weeks worries me. If we win that, we'll be a top 10 team. I expect losses to bama and Uga, it's the Auburn game that can swing the season. Just hope Traore learns to read the safety/corner blitz.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Anyone playing Survivor
                            CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
                              Anyone playing Survivor
                              I probably will but I keep forgetting to sign up.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Steelers Oline has had it with Bell apparently.

Good for them.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X