2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

I think we can actually sustain a Lee injury this year. Jaylon's outplayed him so far, and Vander Esch looked good against New York.
    They need to dump Lee this offseason. Dude is made out of glass.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

I think we can actually sustain a Lee injury this year. Jaylon's outplayed him so far, and Vander Esch looked good against New York.
      I haven't figured out what to do with you vs. the Seahawks. The spread is -1.5, even though Seattle is a tough stadium to visit. OTOH, as we saw versus the Bears, management has given Ruskel nothing to work with. Or even protect him. WTF is Pete Carroll and company doing over there?
      ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Yep. We're definitely in need. Zach Brown is fast, but he is not good at pass coverage. We need a Kuechly or some such.

P.S. Darius Leonard had 18 tackles including a sack plus a forced fumble against us on Sunday. Nice 2nd round pick for the Colts.
        ~
        Steelers could have got him but overdrafted at a position they had an abundance of instead. Because of Sparq scores or something.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Steelers could have got him but overdrafted at a position they had an abundance of instead. Because of Sparq scores or something.
          The Titans could have traded down and gotten him, but no. Injured Bama linebacker all day.

Comment

• No idea who he is.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
              No idea who he is.
              Inside backer from South Carolina State. Athletically gifted but a small school guy.
              sigpic

Comment

Inside backer from South Carolina State. Athletically gifted but a small school guy.
                Shoulda drafted Shaqueem Griffin imo.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Steelers dysfunction has hit b$pn. Expect swift action from Tomlin. He only acts when called out in the national media.

Moran.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Steelers dysfunction has hit b$pn. Expect swift action from Tomlin. He only acts when called out in the national media.

Moran.
                    Tomlins discipline "He skipped team meetings so i banned him from the next 3."
                    Prospect Busts coming soon

Comment

Steelers dysfunction has hit b$pn. Expect swift action from Tomlin. He only acts when called out in the national media.

Moran.
                      Yeah, the national media is now debating on whether or not he's lost control. Which is fair to wonder. Now, if the beat reporters are reporting that he's lost the locker room, that's the death knell for any coach.

Again, it's not that their losing, as the boo birds would be out regardless of the record. It's how they are losing, with an awful defense and extremely poor discipline. The Steelers are patient when the roster isn't up to par. This isn't the kind of thing they historically tolerate though. The wins in an easy conference masked everything but now everyone is catching up. Still a lot of football left, so we will see. It's a bad look though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the national media is now debating on whether or not he's lost control. Which is fair to wonder. Now, if the beat reporters are reporting that he's lost the locker room, that's the death knell for any coach.

Again, it's not that their losing, as the boo birds would be out regardless of the record. It's how they are losing, with an awful defense and extremely poor discipline. The Steelers are patient when the roster isn't up to par. This isn't the kind of thing they historically tolerate though. The wins in an easy conference masked everything but now everyone is catching up. Still a lot of football left, so we will see. It's a bad look though.
                        I can't imagine the local guys turning on him. Hell, Bouchette spends so much time sucking him off he needs knee pads.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I can't imagine the local guys turning on him. Hell, Bouchette spends so much time sucking him off he needs knee pads.
                          I could see it if the team doesn't turn around. No damning reports yet, but again if the team doesn't pick up the slack there could be some hot seats. And there should be.
                          sigpic

Comment

I could see it if the team doesn't turn around. No damning reports yet, but again if the team doesn't pick up the slack there could be some hot seats. And there should be.
                            I'll believe it when I see it. My guess would be there will be a bunch of excuses and talk about Cowher and Knoll's losing seasons rather than placing any blame on Tomlin.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. My guess would be there will be a bunch of excuses and talk about Cowher and Knoll's losing seasons rather than placing any blame on Tomlin.
                              Oh there will be that. There is already. Difference is, when Cowher's late 90s teams sucked, the cupboard was kind of bare. This current team is actually very talented. As far as Knoll's losing seasons go, I'm a little too young to accurately explain outside of just not being able to replace the dozen or so HOFers that left.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh there will be that. There is already. Difference is, when Cowher's late 90s teams sucked, the cupboard was kind of bare. This current team is actually very talented. As far as Knoll's losing seasons go, I'm a little too young to accurately explain outside of just not being able to replace the dozen or so HOFers that left.
                                Exactly.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X