Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yeah, the Bell comparison is a stretch, considering how good Bell is. McCoy is a pretty good comparison for where he could be.

    Comment


    • ****, now Mayock put McCaffrey to the Panthers. That **** might be for real.

      Comment


      • To be fair, no one thought Bell would be as good as he is, either. I was very happy to be wrong about him. I do like McCaffery, though a general lack of bulk makes me wonder how long his career will last. He'd be a nightmare teamed up with Cam, for sure.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
          To be fair, no one thought Bell would be as good as he is, either. I was very happy to be wrong about him. I do like McCaffery, though a general lack of bulk makes me wonder how long his career will last. He'd be a nightmare teamed up with Cam, for sure.
          I was on Bell's dick that whole draft period, yo. Now please just don't look up anything I said about anyone else in that draft class.

          Seriously though, I'm not saying McCaffrey sucks, just that he's a scheme player you have to use a certain way. He's not going to be be a three-down back, and if you're taking a running back in the top 10, and you're doing it in a running back heavy draft class, then I feel like you need to take one that can do it all. I feel like he's more Reggie Bush than anything else.
          And if the purpose of grabbing a running back is to take pressure off of Cam, then I don't understand the logic in taking one that Cam has to drop back and pass the ball to to utilize.

          If I'm the Panthers, I take whatever top end, corner, or safety that falls is there.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Daniel View Post

            Wut?
            Patience, vision, cutting ability, receiving ability. It's all there

            He's a legitimate comp to LeVeon and is why he's going to go top 10. McCoy comp doesn't make sense because he doesn't have nearly the wiggle that McCoy does and their running styles are different

            Also, legitimate speculation that the Browns will go with Mitch at #1. I'm here for it

            It's unleash the dragon time yall

            Comment


            • Just no, man. That is in no way a legit comp. Especially in college, where Bell was a power back playing at 50 lbs heavier than McCaffrey and caught like 20 passes a season.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                To be fair, no one thought Bell would be as good as he is, either.
                I had him as a top-20 pick.

                Right behind Manti Te'o, IIRC.

                Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                Just no, man. That is in no way a legit comp. Especially in college, where Bell was a power back playing at 50 lbs heavier than McCaffrey and caught like 20 passes a season.
                Bell had 77 catches total over his final two seasons. Not big numbers, obviously, but still about three catches a game. Not bad for a guy who got 30+ carries in 7 of his final 13 games.
                Originally posted by jepg
                I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                I should be put on an island and nuked.
                Originally posted by jepg
                Blue is right

                Comment


                • I'm starting to hear that Mayock might have nailed the Cowboys pick in the first, which I think would be monumentally stupid. Also, fyi, Marlon Humphrey sounds like the perfect Dick Lebeau CB.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

                  Lol

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                    I'm starting to hear that Mayock might have nailed the Cowboys pick in the first, which I think would be monumentally stupid. Also, fyi, Marlon Humphrey sounds like the perfect Dick Lebeau CB.
                    Tre'Davious White? Dang, I have him going at 32 to the Saints. Thought the Boys would be picking Adoree' Jackson. (Who the Titans ought to pick but they won't, per Daniel.)

                    P.S. If we pick Takkarist McKinley with Malik Hooker still on the board I might have a stroke.
                    ~
                    Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 04-27-2017, 08:08 AM.

                    Comment


                    • I'd be really surprised if took Cam Robinson. RT is a need but Howard is serviceable enough and Robinson for me is no plug-and-play day one upgrade; much bigger needs to address first in what are going to be couple of 'win now' seasons for the franchise.
                      Raiders Draft Grades:

                      R3 - Tony Bergstrom, G - B-
                      R4 - Miles Burris, LB - C
                      R5 - Jack Crawford, DE - C+
                      R5 - Juron Criner, WR - A-
                      R6 - Chris Bilukidi, DT - D+
                      R7 - Nathan Stupar, LB - C


                      Overall - C+

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

                        Tre'Davious White? Dang, I have him going at 32 to the Saints. Thought the Boys would be picking Adoree' Jackson. (Who the Titans ought to pick but they won't, per Daniel.)

                        P.S. If we pick Takkarist McKinley with Malik Hooker still on the board I might have a stroke.
                        ~
                        I thought he gave them Adoree? I was talking about Adoree anyway.

                        Wouldn't draft Hooker or Takk. My guy at that spot would be Cunningham.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

                        Lol

                        Comment


                        • Iggles fan and starbucks employee loosened the top on Adam Schefter's coffee thing this morning, per Schefter and starbucks guy.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

                          Lol

                          Comment


                          • Reportedly, Gareon Conely has taken calls from 28 different teams regarding the rape accusation, passionately proclaiming his innocence to 27 of the teams. He told Cleveland he did it.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

                            Lol

                            Comment


                            • I will be irrationally ecstatic if Dallas lands Adoree Jackson

                              Sure, he might not help much against Alshon Jeffery, but he should be able to improve Dallas' non-offensive touchdown tally from 0 in 2016 to a positive integer in 2017.
                              CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
                                I will be irrationally ecstatic if Dallas lands Adoree Jackson

                                Sure, he might not help much against Alshon Jeffery, but he should be able to improve Dallas' non-offensive touchdown tally from 0 in 2016 to a positive integer in 2017.
                                You could get the kid from UNC in the 5th round to do that, though.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

                                Lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X