No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to those that won. Would you believe that I didn't watch any football on Sunday? Just can't get into the NFL like I used to if the Steelers aren't playing, beyond background noise. I still keep up with it of course, just not actively watch as much. Probably because I watch more on Saturdays now, and the NFL has some issues with its rulebook and enforcement of said rulebook.
    sigpic

Comment

• Is Brady finally ****ing done, or is this just another tease?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
        Is Brady finally ****ing done, or is this just another tease?
        I don't know if he's done, or just missing too many pieces around him. I guess we'll see when he gets Edelman back and Josh Gordon learns the offense (if he does).

P.S. My lineup B is actually leading Walter's DFS contest at the moment. A shame tonight's game is Steelers at Bucs instead of Titans at Jaguars...9-6 might actually keep me in first place.
        ~

Comment

• I kicked Walt's ass in betting this week. It's the little things.
          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
            Congrats to those that won. Would you believe that I didn't watch any football on Sunday? Just can't get into the NFL like I used to if the Steelers aren't playing, beyond background noise. I still keep up with it of course, just not actively watch as much. Probably because I watch more on Saturdays now, and the NFL has some issues with its rulebook and enforcement of said rulebook.
            I think a lot of people feel this way regarding the roughing the passer rules. I wonder how long it will take for the NFL to realize it. Seems like they are actively trying to drive fans away.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• In a 3 game span I think I saw the Lions most pathetic, terrible looking loss in my lifetime as well as the most complete, dominating win of a good team in my lifetime.

I loved Gronk's sad stare the last minute or so of the game. Almost like he was thinking "Wait, didn't I threaten to retire if I was traded to Detroit a few months ago?"

Apparently my wayward son was the 2nd youngest Lions ever to run for 100 yards in a game. He was 15 days older than Barry Sanders was.

Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
              Congrats, Kirmie. What a week of upsets!!
              ~
              Thanks for beating the Packers! Sadly the Lions are still in last place by themselves even though only one team in the division has more than one win. Ties are weird.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• I wonder if Belichick regrets trading Brandin Cooks. I'll bet Brady does.
                ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                  Is Brady finally ****ing done, or is this just another tease?
                  Tease. We know how this goes. Team shows defensive holes, Brady looks uninspired, people question the team, then suddenly they are in the AFC championship again.
                  sigpic

Comment

• it's Bradys last year
                    Prospect Busts coming soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I think a lot of people feel this way regarding the roughing the passer rules. I wonder how long it will take for the NFL to realize it. Seems like they are actively trying to drive fans away.
                      There's all that, but I enjoy doing other stuff nowadays, too. Not just all football all the time.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Do you guys think with how refs are this year players like Clay Matthew will just walk away from the game? You can't love being a passrusher and being flagged for sacking the qb in perfect form
                        Prospect Busts coming soon

Comment

• @CameronWolfe
                          Dolphins DL William Hayes tore his ACL, he's out for the season. Big loss. It happened when he tried not to put his body weight on Derek Carr while sacking him and got his foot caught in the ground.
                          This is why we can't have nice things NFL rule makers.

Edit: Stupid Twitter apostrophes.

Edit 2: You know it is a good week when somebody is doing a side by side video comparison of Justin Verlander pitching with Matt Patricia throwing a challenge flag.
                          Last edited by kirmie; 09-24-2018, 11:53 AM.
                          http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

The obvious answer, if they absolutely have to keep QBs safer, is to just let corners do more. But no, let's add new rules to make it even harder for a corner to defend a receiver because logic.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Tease. We know how this goes. Team shows defensive holes, Brady looks uninspired, people question the team, then suddenly they are in the AFC championship again.
                            My better senses agree, but Jesus, it hasn't looked this bad before. I'm holding out hope that the Dolphins **** em up real bad next week and put them three games behind in the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

There's all that, but I enjoy doing other stuff nowadays, too. Not just all football all the time.
                              I don't.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I don't.
                                There's always hockey! I actually go outside sometimes too.

Mayfield officially made starter. As it should be.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X