2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
    I don't get the Lions picking up Ebron's option.
    It is because he is easily the #3 target on the team, the only pass catching TE on the team, and has improved every year while still being younger than Brandon Pettigrew was when he was originally drafted. He will still be 24 when FA starts next year. If his production improves like it has each year he will be worth the option amount. The easiest way for him to do that would be to play 16 games for the first time in his career though. If he stays about the same as last year then he will probably still end up getting around $7M+ per year when he hits FA due to the way contracts are inflating so the money isn't terrible unless he regresses. He'll actually get about the same in 2018 as Riley Reiff got to play RT last year.
    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

It is because he is easily the #3 target on the team, the only pass catching TE on the team, and has improved every year while still being younger than Brandon Pettigrew was when he was originally drafted. He will still be 24 when FA starts next year. If his production improves like it has each year he will be worth the option amount. The easiest way for him to do that would be to play 16 games for the first time in his career though. If he stays about the same as last year then he will probably still end up getting around $7M+ per year when he hits FA due to the way contracts are inflating so the money isn't terrible unless he regresses. He'll actually get about the same in 2018 as Riley Reiff got to play RT last year.
      I just don't like Ebron. Didn't like him in college, didn't like him in the draft, and don't like him now. But $7mil doesn't sound too bad. I guess I thought the option would be a bit higher.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Bills didn't pick up Sammy Watkin's option

Comment

• We don't have any of our 2014 first rounders left. They're ass and out of work. At least we got Bitonio and Kirksey, who are studly out of that draft.

Comment

• Speaking of Christian Kirksey, rumors state that he's signed a long term contract, which would make me very happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
              We don't have any of our 2014 first rounders left. They're ass and out of work. At least we got Bitonio and Kirksey, who are studly out of that draft.
              The Titans went great pick-huge bust-great pick-huge bust-great pick-regular bust that draft.

Literally, it was Taylor Lewan, Bishop Sankey, DaQuan Jones, Marqueston Huff, Avery Williamson, Zach Mettenberger.

Comment

• Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
                Bills didn't pick up Sammy Watkin's option
                If he actually stays healthy and lives up to the hype for a full season, I wonder what kind of contract he could get. Maybe something similar to what Alshon got with the Eagles.

Bills could even consider franchise-tagging him for about the same price as the 5th year option lol (13 mil vs. 15 mil). Doubt Watkins plays well enough to merit tagging though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

The Titans went great pick-huge bust-great pick-huge bust-great pick-regular bust that draft.

Literally, it was Taylor Lewan, Bishop Sankey, DaQuan Jones, Marqueston Huff, Avery Williamson, Zach Mettenberger.
                  heh, Browns went bust-bust-good-good-bust-bust.

Gilbert, Manziel, Bitonio, Kirksey, West, Desir. First two are out of the league, second two are very good, the last two have been stuck on practice squads.

Comment

• 2014 saved our behinds. Even with no 1st round pick, we got 2/5ths of our starting O.L. (thanks Dallas!) + an OLB who had 9 sacks last year. And Breeland, who looked good his 1st two years but had a rough 2016. He'll have to step it up this year or be replaced by one of the newer CBs. (After that, Ryan Grant is a coach's pet/practice week hero but game-day zero, and the rest are gone.)

ROUND (PICK) PLAYER
                    2 (47) LB Trent Murphy
                    3 (66) - From Dallas OT Morgan Moses
                    3 (78) - From Dallas G Spencer Long
                    4 (102) CB Bashaud Breeland
                    5 (142) WR Ryan Grant
                    6 (186) - From Tennessee RB Lache Seastrunk
                    7 (217) TE Ted Bolser
                    7 (228) - From Tennessee K Zach Hocker

~
                    Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 05-04-2017, 10:14 AM. Reason: this comment system, ehh???

Comment

• I think you got 47 and 78 from us and that Moses was your own pick

Still, moving up for Lawrence wasn't even close to worth it unless he has some kind of 12 sack breakout season and someone overpays him and gets us a 3rd round comp pick
                      CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Ah yes the 2014 draft. The one that got John Idzik fired.

1.18 Calvin Pryor S - essentially a bust. I wanted Ha-Ha because FS was a bigger need and he was a better prospect, but Sexy Rexy wanted a safety that could "hit somebody in the mouth"
                        2.17 Jace Amaro TE - bust. couldn't stay healthy, even then he wasn't that good
                        3.16 Dexter McDougle CB - can't stay healthy. decent when he can play. still on the team I think.
                        4.14 Jalen Saunders WR/KR - terrible. cut during the season I think. I remember not liking the pick at the time
                        4.15 Shaq Evans WR - terrible. cut I think at the end of the season
                        4.37 Dakota Dozier OT - decent depth player. Still on team
                        5.14 Jeremiah George MLB - was put on practice squad then stolen by the Bucs. Got nothing out of him
                        6.19 Brandon Dixon CB - put on practice squad and no idea what happened to him. Nothing out of him either
                        6.33 Quincy Enunwa WR - finally we lucked into a good pick. Coming off an injury his last year in college so didn't do much his rookie year. Stepped up and has been a great mismatch WR/TE hybrid ever since
                        6.34 IK Enemkpali DE - Showed potential but then sucker punched Geno Smith over $600. Exiled to Buffalo
                        6.37 Tajh Boyd QB - sucked. Cut probably in his 2nd year
                        7.18 Trevor Reilly OLB - decent ST player

WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• The Broncos picked up Bradley Roby and Matt Paradise in 2014. Two huge pieces for their team. Rest was trash though.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Steelers got Shazier, Tuitt, and Bryant out of 2014. A good haul even with Bryant's issues.
                            sigpic

Comment

• It amazes me that some people think the Browns drafted Jabrill Peppers to play linebacker.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
                                I think you got 47 and 78 from us and that Moses was your own pick

Still, moving up for Lawrence wasn't even close to worth it unless he has some kind of 12 sack breakout season and someone overpays him and gets us a 3rd round comp pick
                                I was trying to cut and paste this spreadsheet. Looked great in preview, then post reply was UGLY.

Anyways, wikipedia says you're right. Should have known better than to trust Snyder dot com.
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X