Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
    It amazes me that some people think the Browns drafted Jabrill Peppers to play linebacker.
    You can TRADE HIM FOR GARPLOLO!!!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

      You can TRADE HIM FOR GARPLOLO!!!
      Simmer down, Mary Kay.

      Comment


      • The world according to Garplolo.
        ~

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post

          Simmer down, Mary Kay.
          Still getting those rumors, or has the fanbase settled down?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

            Still getting those rumors, or has the fanbase settled down?
            After the first day, she made another comment about the Browns reaching out, but all word of Garoppolo died when we drafted Kizer. So we've had some respite.

            Comment


            • At this point I don't understand why you would trade for Garoppolo. The same logic applies to the 49ers wanting Cousins: why trade assets and weaken your team when you can most likely just sign them next season when your coveted QB becomes a UFA? You're not going to be competing for a SB this year with or without your QB anyway. Might as well retain your assets/talent and field a better team next season when you land your QB in free-agency.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Terps View Post
                At this point I don't understand why you would trade for Garoppolo. The same logic applies to the 49ers wanting Cousins: why trade assets and weaken your team when you can most likely just sign them next season when your coveted QB becomes a UFA? You're not going to be competing for a SB this year with or without your QB anyway. Might as well retain your assets/talent and field a better team next season when you land your QB in free-agency.
                Because nobody wants to sign with Cleveland?
                Flinchy McTapQwik

                Lol

                Comment


                • Jay Cutler retires and is now joining the FOX sports team as a color commentator. It'll be fun watching him talk about those pick-6's....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

                    Because nobody wants to sign with Cleveland?
                    That and Garoppolo will probably be tagged if New England thinks they can get so much as a 2nd round pick for him.
                    Originally posted by jepg
                    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                    I should be put on an island and nuked.
                    Originally posted by jepg
                    Blue is right

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

                      Because nobody wants to sign with Cleveland?
                      Collins, Zeitler, and Tretter would argue against that.

                      Maybe back when that fat ugly hobbit Lombardi was in charge it was true, but not anymore.

                      Comment


                      • We shoulda hired Wade Phillips as DC in D.C. when we had the chance.
                        ~

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post

                          Collins, Zeitler, and Tretter would argue against that.

                          Maybe back when that fat ugly hobbit Lombardi was in charge it was true, but not anymore.
                          Tell yourself whatever you need to. Cleveland is not in any way, shape, or form a desirable FA destination.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

                          Lol

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post

                            Collins, Zeitler, and Tretter would argue against that.

                            Maybe back when that fat ugly hobbit Lombardi was in charge it was true, but not anymore.
                            A linebacker who New England traded away for pennies on the dollar (and is now the highest-paid player at his position), a guard from a divisional rival who is now the highest-paid player at his position (and making as much or more than all but 4 left tackles), and Green Bay's backup center. Those are the guys you're using to refute the point that Cleveland is not a desirable place for free agents.
                            Originally posted by jepg
                            I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                            I should be put on an island and nuked.
                            Originally posted by jepg
                            Blue is right

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Blue View Post

                              A linebacker who New England traded away for pennies on the dollar (and is now the highest-paid player at his position), a guard from a divisional rival who is now the highest-paid player at his position (and making as much or more than all but 4 left tackles), and Green Bay's backup center. Those are the guys you're using to refute the point that Cleveland is not a desirable place for free agents.
                              Who wouldn't want to go to a team where you have essentially no pressure to win for more money than anybody else is willing to pay?
                              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by kirmie View Post

                                Who wouldn't want to go to a team where you have essentially no pressure to win for more money than anybody else is willing to pay?
                                Players who care about winning and stability, for one.

                                I get that when you're a bad team, you have to overpay to get players to sign with you, but I don't think those are the types of players you want to pay even at market value.
                                Originally posted by jepg
                                I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                                I should be put on an island and nuked.
                                Originally posted by jepg
                                Blue is right

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X