No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 5th is solid. He has a big contract and I'm going to assume cap hit.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
      A 5th is solid. He has a big contract and I'm going to assume cap hit.
      They can get out of it for just $1.6 million in 2020 if they want to. And he should be good for this year and next...guy never misses a game.
      ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Can't afford to. The cap hit would completely cripple them.
        Yeah they just extended him. I forgot. Welp.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Yeah they just extended him. I forgot. Welp.
          Unfortunately they're stuck with him for awhile.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So, I've got McCaffery, Cohen, Kerryon Johnson, and Lindsay as RBs. I'm using 3, who sits?
            sigpic

Comment

Snacks Harrison to Detroit for a 5th round pick. Good pick up for them.
              You know what makes this even more awesome? One of the Lions reporter folk published an article about Lions dream trades that will never happen minutes before this happened. Trading for Snacks was the first one.

The Lions got a 5th for Laken Tomlinson so they basically traded him for Snacks.
              Last edited by kirmie; 10-24-2018, 11:40 AM.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Snacks is signed through 2020. The Lions 2019 draft needs have changed big time, since getting somebody who resembles Snacks was one of the top 2 things on my list.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                  Snacks is signed through 2020. The Lions 2019 draft needs have changed big time, since getting somebody who resembles Snacks was one of the top 2 things on my list.
                  What's the other thing?
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

What's the other thing?
                    A pass rusher. The Lions are getting sacks this year due to coverage in their more disciplined attack. None of the guys are a real pass rushing threat from the outside other than Ansah, who has only played 16 snaps all year.

After that RG will get interesting because TJ Lang's contract is up. Safety with Glover Quinn coming up. Slot WR with Tate coming up.

Comment

• Chad Kelly got cut. Apparently he was at Von Miller's Halloween party, got into physical altercations with various guests and got the boot. He then tresspassed and got hit with a vacuum tube. So...yeah.
                      sigpic

Comment

So, I've got McCaffery, Cohen, Kerryon Johnson, and Lindsay as RBs. I'm using 3, who sits?
                        Tough call. McCaffery has the most unfavorable matchup, imo, against the Ravens D. OTOH he's also the highest priced guy.
                        ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Tough call. McCaffery has the most unfavorable matchup, imo, against the Ravens D. OTOH he's also the highest priced guy.
                          ~
                          Well, it's not daily fantasy. It's a PPR league. McCaffery has the toughest matchup but should still get lots of receptions.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, it's not daily fantasy. It's a PPR league. McCaffery has the toughest matchup but should still get lots of receptions.
                            I know...what I was saying is that at DK, which is a PPR DFS, these are their salaries:

Christian McCaffrey: $7,000
                            Tarik Cohen: $5,800
                            Kerryon Johnson: $5,300
                            Phillip Lindsey: $5,200

I'm not putting McCaffrey in any lineups. BUT..if he was the same $$ as the 2nd highest priced guy, Cohen, I'd be putting McCaffrey in several or maybe most lineups.

Your situation means all the players have the same salary, basically. So I guess I'd sit Johnson, as tough as that is now that he's so hot. Rationale: Blount keeps vulturing the TDs.
                            ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

I know...what I was saying is that at DK, which is a PPR DFS, these are their salaries:

Christian McCaffrey: $7,000
                              Tarik Cohen: $5,800
                              Kerryon Johnson: $5,300
                              Phillip Lindsey: $5,200

I'm not putting McCaffrey in any lineups. BUT..if he was the same $$ as the 2nd highest priced guy, Cohen, I'd be putting McCaffrey in several or maybe most lineups.

Your situation means all the players have the same salary, basically. So I guess I'd sit Johnson, as tough as that is now that he's so hot. Rationale: Blount keeps vulturing the TDs.
                              ~
                              Yeah. It's tricky because the 3 guys outside of McCaffery have good matchups. But it's tough to warrant benching him in any matchup, especially PPR.
                              sigpic

Comment

• The Titans' receivers can't catch, they lose all their pass rushers next year, and their interior DL is already thin, so in a STACKED 2019 DL class, Walt has them take...a corner.

Comment

Working...
                                X