No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Wilson went down with a fractured patella, first rookie to get sidelined with a significant injury. Will miss a good bit of the season. He probably wasn't expected to start, but be a depth DB initially.

Probably means Channing Stiribling will make the final roster.

Comment

• Jabrill Peppers also ducking those drug tests.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Here's a rookie-UDFA report from Ashburn. A long 88 days to go until our preseason opener with the Ravens...
        ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Terps View Post

Similarly, I wonder how much football Kiper actually watches these days. It wouldn't surprise me if he's more of a figurehead with name brand recognition at this point. He probably has assistants/interns who watch film and write reports for him these days.
          Last I knew (and this is admittedly a couple years ago now), it's pretty much just Kiper. His wife handled the draft report mailing.

I'm sure he has some assistants, especially with is work under the ESPNInsider umbrella now, but it isn't like he got into the business to be a media mogul. He's stated before that he doesn't even like pro football, he just enjoys watching college and got into the draft through that. Why would he outsource the part of the job that he likes?
          Originally posted by jepg
          I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
          Blue is right

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue View Post

Last I knew (and this is admittedly a couple years ago now), it's pretty much just Kiper. His wife handled the draft report mailing.

I'm sure he has some assistants, especially with is work under the ESPNInsider umbrella now, but it isn't like he got into the business to be a media mogul. He's stated before that he doesn't even like pro football, he just enjoys watching college and got into the draft through that. Why would he outsource the part of the job that he likes?
            That's an interesting tidbit, and shines a new light on his projections and predictions.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Browns job is Cody Kessler's job to lose. Great news, I'm a big fan of his game.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lenny View Post
                Browns job is Cody Kessler's job to lose. Great news, I'm a big fan of his game.
                It's going to be heart-breaking for you when he does, in fact, lose it several times over the course of the 2017 season. What are the Vegas odds on the number of quarterbacks to start a game for Cleveland this season? I'd grab that over if it's 3.5 or less.

Blue is right

Comment

It's going to be heart-breaking for you when he does, in fact, lose it several times over the course of the 2017 season. What are the Vegas odds on the number of quarterbacks to start a game for Cleveland this season? I'd grab that over if it's 3.5 or less.
                  If they want to stay inthe Darnold hunt, they better swap out QBs. Cleveland added a lot of talent. I have no doubts that they'll be in the top 10 for picks, but against the Rams, 49ers, Jets, and the ever reliable Jaguars, they might miss out on the great QBs.

Comment

• They just drafted Kizer in the 2nd. I'm not sure they are really looking for a QB right away. Besides, after this season Darnold's stock is going to drop.
                    sigpic

Comment

They just drafted Kizer in the 2nd. I'm not sure they are really looking for a QB right away. Besides, after this season Darnold's stock is going to drop.
                      I remember the last Notre Dame QB drafted in the 2nd round all too well. That ain't gonna stop them.

Blue is right

Comment

I remember the last Notre Dame QB drafted in the 2nd round all too well. That ain't gonna stop them.
                        At least Kizer doesn't have a noodle for an arm and isn't all Downsy looking.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Cromartie's semen:1
                          Vasectomy Doctor: 0

#14 on the way.
                          http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

They just drafted Kizer in the 2nd. I'm not sure they are really looking for a QB right away. Besides, after this season Darnold's stock is going to drop.
                            They sat where they were and he fell to them. He's not a guy they were very high on. I think it's a good pickup with developmental potential, but if he doesn't come on next season hard, then they'll want to have options at legit QB prospects, which they won't be in position for with all the talent they added this offseason.

Of course, they have enough draft capital to trade up if it comes with Kizer, if he shows some promise. They'd have to give up a **** ton, but they have enough to potentially do it.

But remember, trading up is never a guarantee. After 2015, the Titans came out and said they had planned on turning down any offer for the second pick because they knew they'd have Mariota. If Darnold and Rosen both emerge as great QB prospects like Winston and Mariota, it may not matter how much capital that the Browns have, those teams at 1 and 2 may not trade out anyway, even with a boatload of picks.
                            That's the problem with waiting til next year.

Comment

• Daniel is remarkably high on a team that was 1-15 last year and is counting on a bunch of rookies + 1 free agent guard to get better.

Blue is right

Comment

Daniel is remarkably high on a team that was 1-15 last year and is counting on a bunch of rookies + 1 free agent guard to get better.
                                I'm not saying that they're gonna make the playoffs. They only need to improve by two or three games to potentially be out of the running for the first two spots.

Everyone knows they're still going to suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X