Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So Lauvao has a penalty, a sack allowed, and he's left the game with an injury already. Really hoping the brain trust remembers to find a LG next year.

    P.S. Trent Williams is already out with thumb surgery, and Morgan Moses was just helped off the field. Same isht happened last season.
    ~
    Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 11-04-2018, 01:32 PM.

    Comment


    • Steelers-Ravens just isn't the same anymore.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

      Lol

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Castiron View Post
        Steelers-Ravens just isn't the same anymore.
        Funny how I get both the Redskins and Ravens home games on network TV. That didn't used to happen, did it?
        ~

        Comment


        • "All By Myself"

          The only freude I have today is schadenfreude. Thank you, Nathan Peterman.
          ~

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Castiron View Post
            Steelers-Ravens just isn't the same anymore.
            That's more of a product of the NFL now. There is still intensity, but there is only so much nastiness allowed now.

            Meanwhile, the Steelers defense has improved. I guess calling one defense for everyone instead of different coverages for different units helped out, huh? They aren't built to be as dependent on a super athlete, either. I've been very critical of this staff, but credit to them for adjusting to the personnel they have. The only defender that's struggled has been Artie, who has been benched.

            Meanwhile, the offense is better without Bell. There, it's been said. Conner, Juju, Vance, and that OL have brought the physical presence back to Pittsburgh, and I couldn't be happier. Ben has been more disciplined with the ball, and AB is still AB, he's just not getting passes forced his way. He's not complaining, either. Winning will do that.

            Overall, I'm far more optimistic now than I've been this year. The ILBs still aren't world beaters but the rotation has been doing fine enough. The main hole right now is CB2, as Haden and Hilton have been crazy good but Burns has completely fallen off. Sensabaugh has been his replacement but has been "meh". I'm surprised Sutton hasn't gotten more of a shot.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Conner did a lot better than I thought he would. I thought the Raven D would hold him back like last time. Forget L. Bell.
              ~

              Comment


              • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

                That's more of a product of the NFL now. There is still intensity, but there is only so much nastiness allowed now.

                Meanwhile, the Steelers defense has improved. I guess calling one defense for everyone instead of different coverages for different units helped out, huh? They aren't built to be as dependent on a super athlete, either. I've been very critical of this staff, but credit to them for adjusting to the personnel they have. The only defender that's struggled has been Artie, who has been benched.

                Meanwhile, the offense is better without Bell. There, it's been said. Conner, Juju, Vance, and that OL have brought the physical presence back to Pittsburgh, and I couldn't be happier. Ben has been more disciplined with the ball, and AB is still AB, he's just not getting passes forced his way. He's not complaining, either. Winning will do that.

                Overall, I'm far more optimistic now than I've been this year. The ILBs still aren't world beaters but the rotation has been doing fine enough. The main hole right now is CB2, as Haden and Hilton have been crazy good but Burns has completely fallen off. Sensabaugh has been his replacement but has been "meh". I'm surprised Sutton hasn't gotten more of a shot.

                It's just gay seeing them in shotgun/pistol all the time. Drives me nuts.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

                Lol

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Castiron View Post


                  It's just gay seeing them in shotgun/pistol all the time. Drives me nuts.
                  That's the league. Everyone is in the shotgun now. It's why "snaps under center" isn't really talked about when discussing rookie QBs.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

                    That's the league. Everyone is in the shotgun now. It's why "snaps under center" isn't really talked about when discussing rookie QBs.
                    And it's still gay. *yells at cloud*
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

                    Lol

                    Comment


                    • Saints/Rams may be a NFC title game preview.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • I'd love to run the Seahawks for a year or two.

                        Get them a stud DT, a good DE like Winovich, and a CB like they want and Boom!
                        Last edited by Castiron; 11-04-2018, 05:43 PM.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

                        Lol

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                          I'd love to run the Seahawks for a year or two.

                          Get them a stud DT, a good DE like Winovich, and a CB like they want and Boom!
                          Chargers too, now that I think about it.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

                          Lol

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

                            Chargers too, now that I think about it.
                            Not the Chargers. But the Hawks, Jags, Giants, and Cowboys would all be fun. Right now I only trust the Giants to do the right thing.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

                            Lol

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                              So here we are, week 9 already. I'm basically at coin flip trying to pick these 4 games. I guess I should just go with the home teams? Broncos, Seahawks, and Saints all have a pretty decent home field advantage. We don't so much...but Matt Ryan and company perform noticeably worse away from their dome.

                              Falcons at Redskins
                              Texans at Broncos
                              Chargers at Seahawks
                              Rams at Saints
                              Dang. Only 1 for 4, plus my own team lost. Sux.
                              ~

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

                                Not the Chargers. But the Hawks, Jags, Giants, and Cowboys would all be fun. Right now I only trust the Giants to do the right thing.
                                Odell?

                                Jags just need a QB and to air out a rowdy lockerroom. Hawks are currently Wilson and a bunch of randos. Giants don't seem to have the right direction; signing a stud WR with a finished QB and a poor OL, for example. Dallas would be easy. Keep up that defense, reload the line, and get poor Dak someone to throw to.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X