This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

Yeah I forgot Bortles. I'm not counting injured fill-ins, and rookies should probably be separate as well. I know this is probably dumb but I think Fitzmagic is better than Dak.

Not saying Dak is going anywhere, just saying... neither is our team. 3-5 with games left against Brees, Ryan, Luck, Wentz twice, yikes
    Eh, Fitzmagic doesn't last. Dak has at least been solid over whole seasons in the past and still has time. Bortles has to be the one to stand out as ****tiest IMO.
    Eli isn't doing so hot right now himself. He might be u[p there this season.

Dak is due for an extension now, isn't he? Him, Mariota, and Winston all have some issues and will all be negotiating new contracts at the same time. Be very interested to see if their teams stick with them.

Comment

• Alright, yeah, hes better than Eli too. But hes, like, 22nd best in the league right now, tops

All those guys are extension-eligible next year. Tampa will probably sit Jameis all year so he doesnt get hurt and they can cut him. TEN and DAL I think stick with their guys.
      CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Speaking of teams not going anywhere, Brandon Scherff, Shawn Lauvao, and Paul Richardson are done for the year. (To add insult to injury, Scherff was hurt on a hit after the whistle that we got a personal foul penalty for.) And Trent Williams is still out with thumb surgery.
        ~

Comment

Yeah I forgot Bortles. I'm not counting injured fill-ins, and rookies should probably be separate as well. I know this is probably dumb but I think Fitzmagic is better than Dak.

Not saying Dak is going anywhere, just saying... neither is our team. 3-5 with games left against Brees, Ryan, Luck, Wentz twice, yikes
          Dallas is boned this year imo. I don't know what they can do to salvage the year and get to .500.

I also wonder what they do with Dak. A Keenum/Bortles type contract maybe?
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
            Speaking of teams not going anywhere, Brandon Scherff, Shawn Lauvao, and Paul Richardson are done for the year. (To add insult to injury, Scherff was hurt on a hit after the whistle that we got a personal foul penalty for.) And Trent Williams is still out with thumb surgery.
            ~
            What is Scherff's injury?
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

All those guys are extension-eligible next year. Tampa will probably sit Jameis all year so he doesnt get hurt and they can cut him. TEN and DAL I think stick with their guys.
              What I'm curious about is seeing if the Cowboys/Titans will spend big to keep them. If neither wants a huge highest-paid-in-the-NFL type deal, they keep them, but the way these contracts have been going, and the ups and downs for both, I just wonder if the teams would rather spend 25 million a year elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

What I'm curious about is seeing if the Cowboys/Titans will spend big to keep them. If neither wants a huge highest-paid-in-the-NFL type deal, they keep them, but the way these contracts have been going, and the ups and downs for both, I just wonder if the teams would rather spend 25 million a year elsewhere.
                I think the Titans have to keep Mariota. Dak I'm not so sure about.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I like Dak, but kid is a mess right now. How the hell did he ever have a good season, and why don't they just go back to doing that? It's not like he was a zone read QB that year or anything.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Man the Lions sucked. Totally worth not finding out the score and then watching it after I got home. ... At least Michigan rolled PSU, but McCaffrey broke his collar bone around the same time the crowd was cheering "**** Ohio".

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Yeah. They are getting the cap space back with him not playing, but if he doesn't suit up for 6 games he doesn't accrue a year. I'd rather keep the cap space than do this dance again, especially with Conner playing so well.
                    As a non-Steelers homer I'd want him to be re-signed purely for how funny it would be for me. Steelers would still have the normal cap space they would have had if he played this year if they re-signed him, since his cap in 2019 would be offset by his cap hit being returned in 2018 and rolling to 2019. At least if they got him for the same price and he didn't play at all this year.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I think the Titans have to keep Mariota. Dak I'm not so sure about.
                      Was it you that asked about Drew Richmond (UT tackle) earlier this year?

Because he got benched vs. Charlotte and has been pretty terrible overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Was it you that asked about Drew Richmond (UT tackle) earlier this year?

Because he got benched vs. Charlotte and has been pretty terrible overall.
                        Getting benched against Charlotte is bad bad bad.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Jerry Jones said on the radio this morning that he does "make the ultimate decisions" and Dak is "gonna get extended." Right on cue.
                          CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

Jerry Jones said on the radio this morning that he does "make the ultimate decisions" and Dak is "gonna get extended." Right on cue.
                            But is it a Keenum/Bortles extension where they can get out of the contract no problem, or is it one of these team crippling QB contracts?

Laugh if you want, but I believe in Jerry. Mostly. (Cooper trade not withstanding)
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Congrats on a good game, Daniel.

Great win for your team. Thumbs up.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Thanks bruh.

Comment

Working...
                                X